Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How about stopping the ability to kick people at the end of dungeons....

Inupis
Inupis
✭✭✭
So sick running dungeons and idiots kicking people at the end before they can turn in quests...Either that or why not speed up the end dialog so that people have a chance....worst group functionality in an MMORPG I have seen. One reason this game is lacking in basic functionality at times.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agreed it's annoying. yesterday I ran banished cells with random pug on a new char while having quest and I had exactly 2 seconds to type: "PLEASE DONT LEAVE GROUP I HAVE QUEST" In between the boss dying and people insta-leaving the group. I was lucky this time and 1 stayed just for me. Then we sat down together and watched the full 1 minute of animation and dialogues between the npc's before the npc becomes available for me to finish the quest...
    Edited by profundidob16_ESO on April 5, 2018 2:11PM
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solution: get a guild, get some online friends to play with, or solo the normal/vet versions depending on how capable you are at PvE and do the quest. Smh.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inupis wrote: »
    So sick running dungeons and idiots kicking people at the end before they can turn in quests...Either that or why not speed up the end dialog so that people have a chance....worst group functionality in an MMORPG I have seen. One reason this game is lacking in basic functionality at times.

Well Said, and i Quote it for Truth!
    no one should be able to Kick in groups.
    if you don't like the people in your group then the group leader should Leave and make a new group.
    it is Very insulting when you see "You have been KICKED from the group for what looks like really Stupid reasons, and even when you ask them they tell you the reason and it makes no sence, sometimes they even say you were voted out and no vote ever took place!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agreed it's annoying. yesterday I ran banished cells with random pug on a new char while having quest and I had exactly 2 seconds to type: "PLEASE DONT LEAVE GROUP I HAVE QUEST" In between the boss dying and people insta-leaving the group. I was lucky this time and 1 stayed just for me. Then we sat down together and watched the full 1 minute of animation and dialogues between the npc's before the npc becomes available for me to finish the quest...

The chances were that the other player was in the same situation. I.e. doing it for their own good.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They're likely just leaving group, not kicking you from group. Did you tell them you needed to turn in the quest?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solution: get a guild, get some online friends to play with, or solo the normal/vet versions depending on how capable you are at PvE and do the quest. Smh.

Not really applicable here. If group disbands because 3 other people left, the person left behind shouldn't be booted by server while finishing quest.

People should be able to leisurely listen to end dialogue on their own time.
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Not really applicable here. If group disbands because 3 other people left, the person left behind shouldn't be booted by server while finishing quest.

Exactly, on their own time. It is definitely applicable here. Get a guild and some friends its really not that hard I hope.
  • Inupis
    Inupis
    ✭✭✭
    If that is the only solution "to get a guild" then you are telling the player to fix the problem created by the game. Getting a guild should enhance the game experience not fix problems that could simply be fixed by the game mechanics.
    Edited by Inupis on April 5, 2018 2:26PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This has only been brought up on here 1001 times.

How about ZoS actually makes the solution and gives us a 5 minute instance timer at the end or put a person to return the quest to outside the dungeon. This has been asked for literally forever and here we are putting the onus on the player to find the solution. Sorry but I'm not down with that. The activity finder is meant to be used. I'm in 5 guilds and have tons of friends in the game and sometimes I can't find others I know who want to run dailies. Give the activity finder and dungeons this basic functionality. It's about time.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be that you could stay in the instance as long as you wanted after others left. ZOS simply needs to revert that change...not sure why it was added in the first place...considering you can solo a dungeon without the issue ever coming up. At least but it on a 15 minute timer rather than a 1 minute timer
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    If that is the only solution "to get a guild" then you are telling the player to fix the problem created by the game. Getting a guild should enhance the game experience not fix problems that could simply be fixed by the game mechanics.

So let it do both. It will fix the problem and if he/she finds a guild thats enjoyable with good people then it should enhance the experience too. The point is, if you're trying to quest with others who just want to get a completion or aim for a speed run among other achievements then you're a burden. Quest by yourself, be it on vet or normal versions, and don't feel like 3 other people should wait on you. Some players work their buts off irl and don't have the time to sit and wait on others to quest.
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    It used to be that you could stay in the instance as long as you wanted after others left. ZOS simply needs to revert that change...not sure why it was added in the first place...considering you can solo a dungeon without the issue ever coming up. At least but it on a 15 minute timer rather than a 1 minute timer

Or just do it solo in the first place and don't assume others will wait on you. Its called taking a realistic approach based on prior experience.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They could just make it so you can split the instance rather than removing you from it. I've had dungeons where because of some who don't wanna listen to advice (no matter how nicely worded), get stuck at the last boss for an hour like molag kena.
    I remember tanking then having to switch to a DD so I can burn the boss down while having the weak sorcerer spam his shields and block because the other DD and him couldn't do enough and the healer wasn't doing a decent job at keeping everyone alive since they believed spamming BoL = the strat.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The timer should be extended to 5 min

The "get a guild" solution is nonsensical.
    To the person that suggested that, why in the world do you care? How does it hurt you in any way to allow people to leave the dungeon when they are done while those that need to finish the quest get a few extra minutes to do that. Why should anyone else have to wait around while someone turns in a quest?

Speed runs only count on vet. I doubt most people are questing on vet runs. Your speed run is over when you kill the last boss. In case someone is doing it, them turning in the quest doesn't impact a speed run.

Oh, thats right, it doesn't impact you in any way shape or form whatsoever so just get out of here with that nonsense.

Extending the timer before your kicked out at the end of the dungeon when the rest of the group leaves will hurt nothing and no one and makes the most sense.
    Edited by Katahdin on April 5, 2018 2:52PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Abysswarrior45
    Abysswarrior45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    The timer should be extended to 5 min

The "get a guild" solution is nonsensical.
    To the person that suggested that, why in the world do you care? How does it hurt you in any way to allow people to leave the dungeon while those that need to finish the quest get a few extra minutes to do that. Why should anyone else have to wait around while someone turns in a quest?

Oh, thats right, it doesn't impact you in any way shape or form whatsoever so just get out of here with that nonsense.

Extending the timer will hurt nothing and no one and makes the most sense.

Who in here ever said "git gud?" I sure as hell didn't. ZOS shouldn't waste time and money implementing something completely unnecessary, however minor it may seem, when it can be solved with a little logic and use of the guild feature. Instead, I say dedicate all resources to lag and balance which actually needs fixing and the dev complete attention.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What kind of db do u have to be to do that....imo for repeat offenders this should be at least a temporary bann
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So let it do both. It will fix the problem and if he/she finds a guild thats enjoyable with good people then it should enhance the experience too. The point is, if you're trying to quest with others who just want to get a completion or aim for a speed run among other achievements then you're a burden. Quest by yourself, be it on vet or normal versions, and don't feel like 3 other people should wait on you. Some players work their buts off irl and don't have the time to sit and wait on others to quest.

I'm not sure you understand what is being asked. People are asking for increased instance timer so they don't HAVE to be a burden. If ZOS fixes the issue, people who want to do speed run or whatever don't have to sit and wait and the people doing it for the quest don't get screwed out of turning it in.

Given your response above to @Katahdin about "get a guild" and you arguing you never said to "git gud", either your reading comprehension needs some work or you're trolling.
    Edited by heaven13 on April 5, 2018 3:03PM
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol.
    I am beginning to think we have a language barrier or a L2Read problem (Git gud comment).

Also Lol @ the "dev time" arguement

This is a very minor and simple fix and an important QOL/character progression issue. Just change one number in the code. 1 minute timer to 5 minute timer. It would probably take all of 1 minute of dev time to change. It will literally take longer for them to discuss it than to actually do it.

Edited by Katahdin on April 5, 2018 3:06PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • yttoks
    yttoks
    ✭✭✭
    This doesn't happen to me when I say _at the beginning_ of the dungeon "have quest, will try to keep up". 99% of the time this will do the trick.
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    say that you have a quest before the dgn even begun and after that.. ppl will always leave if you dont notify them that you have a quest in advance
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    say that you have a quest before the dgn even begun and after that.. ppl will always leave if you dont notify them that you have a quest in advance

Some people leave anyway because the assume that someone else will stay. Would be better for everyone if ZOS increased the timers to account for the end scenes (which they should know about since they added them; VoM and BC are both bad for this).
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

How about ZoS actually makes the solution and gives us a 5 minute instance timer at the end or put a person to return the quest to outside the dungeon. This has been asked for literally forever and here we are putting the onus on the player to find the solution. Sorry but I'm not down with that. The activity finder is meant to be used. I'm in 5 guilds and have tons of friends in the game and sometimes I can't find others I know who want to run dailies. Give the activity finder and dungeons this basic functionality. It's about time.
    This, the problem is that as you are last in dungeon you get kicked.
    Simply increase the timer for last player.
    Suspect they are a bit afraid to touch the dungeon finder code now that it mostly work :)

Still this is pretty rare, I have done the dungeons on lots of alts and probably had 3 times it happened, one was my own fault, I thought the level 12 in BC1 needed quest so did not bother to tell.
    Other was Spindelcluch i think there you had to travel to deliver quest and one other i think but that was under the dungeon event.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game has various problems and telling people to join a guild and get gud doesn't solve this one (or any of them really). I agree that people should be able to listen to dialogue at their leisure without worrying about it.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭

Solution: Developer uses the millions and millions of dollars they have made in order to correct broken aspects of the game out of respect to their loyal fan base before ugly selling re-skins in the crown store to people who drool over shiny objects. :-P
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

This, the problem is that as you are last in dungeon you get kicked.
    Simply increase the timer for last player.
    Suspect they are a bit afraid to touch the dungeon finder code now that it mostly work :)

Still this is pretty rare, I have done the dungeons on lots of alts and probably had 3 times it happened, one was my own fault, I thought the level 12 in BC1 needed quest so did not bother to tell.
    Other was Spindelcluch i think there you had to travel to deliver quest and one other i think but that was under the dungeon event.

Darkshade 1 is bad for this as well as the person who you turn the quest in to is far from the last boss.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally you didn't get kicked out of the dungeon when the group members left. That's a broken "feature" they added.

The real solution is ZOS fixes bad design.
  • Amadis001
    Amadis001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why can't they just leave people in the instance for 5 minutes once the final boss is dead if the group disbands? I completely understand the short timer during the run, but once the activity is complete, what is the rush?
    // Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Solution: Developer uses the millions and millions of dollars they have made in order to correct broken aspects of the game out of respect to their loyal fan base before ugly selling re-skins in the crown store to people who drool over shiny objects. :-P

Not sure that makes any sense. Crown store crap pays for itself.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soleya wrote: »
    Originally you didn't get kicked out of the dungeon when the group members left. That's a broken "feature" they added.

The real solution is ZOS fixes bad design.

Yes, and if you were farming gear in the dungeon, you could come back to an empty dungeon.

Now that said, they could extend the timer to 2 minutes or something, which should be more than enough time to leave the dungeon.

OR, they could do like Black Desert. There if everyone else leaves your group, you are still listed as being in a "group" until you leave it yourself. It's completely nonsensical in that game, but it would make sense to implement here.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Exactly, on their own time. It is definitely applicable here. Get a guild and some friends its really not that hard I hope.

Oh stop. Gaming is a leisure activity, so if you don't have time to give someone 1-2 mins for a quest why don't YOU find a guild who likes to blow by everything like they're on meth?

So they cannot finish quest via finder but you expect to finish speed runs via finder? How is one more legit than the other?

Not even relevant anyway given that the speed mode is done when boss dies. End of quest after boss dies takes 1-2 mins.

So basically you'd have already got what you came for, even though your arguments are invalid in the first place.

Also 'butts.'