The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

Any screen caps of the Bloodshadow Wraith Steed?

Aurielle
Aurielle
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I’m on console, so I don’t have access to the PTS. Anyone have any screen shots of the collectors edition pre-order mount, assuming it’s available on the PTS? I’m slightly concerned, as the image of the mount that was advertised does NOT look identical to the data mined image of what appears to be the same mount. The mount that was originally advertised had golden armour accents and wispy trails emanating from it (somewhat like a radiant apex mount, or the dromathra senche), and the datamined mount appears to have neither.

For reference:

Mount as originally advertised:

724580_scr9_a.png

Data mined mount that will appear in the crown store:

aw_crwn_bundle_queensbountypack_1x1.jpg

If the mount has changed, I will NOT be happy and will never pre-order any ESO product again. The collectors edition items are all cosmetic in nature, so you expect to get the product as advertised.

EDIT: The pre-order promo image does indeed look nothing like the mount does in game. Might want to update that promo image so that you don’t delude more people, ZOS.
Edited by Aurielle on April 19, 2018 1:08PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mount does have the wispy trails when I rode it in-game, but I confess I don't recall the color of the armor.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mount does have the wispy trails when I rode it in-game, but I confess I don't recall the color of the armor.

That’s something, at least. I’ll be really peeved if the armour does not have the gold elements in the original advertised image, as the look of the mount is what ultimately compelled me to go ahead and preorder the collectors edition.
    Options
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    definitely has the trails.
    don't recall the armor details.
    Aurielle wrote: »

That’s something, at least. I’ll be really peeved if the armour does not have the gold elements in the original advertised image, as the look of the mount is what ultimately compelled me to go ahead and preorder the collectors edition.

just checked in game, there are no gold elements on the mount.
    Edited by Dragath on April 19, 2018 1:38AM
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragath wrote: »
    definitely has the trails.
    don't recall the armor details.

just checked in game, there are no gold elements on the mount.

OH, FFS. :neutral: Thanks for checking.

Last *** time I preorder something, ZOS. If you’re going to entice people to spend extra on cosmetic collectors’ edition stuff, ensure that your artwork MATCHES THE LOOK OF THE ACTUAL ITEMS IN GAME. I bought the collectors edition solely for the mount as it was originally advertised, as I thought it would look great with my sorc (who has an outfit of gold and grey armour that would have matched it perfectly).

I know this isn’t a big issue in the greater scheme of things, but I want my money back for false advertisement. I’m probably not going to use the mount if it looks the way it does in that datamined image.
    Edited by Aurielle on April 19, 2018 12:07PM
    Options
  • Mixith
    Mixith
    ✭✭✭
    Im just a bit curious, are you talking about the goldish glow on the head armor and the tiny bit below the head?
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lighting is everything with shiny armor. The armor was only reflecting the light of the torch in the first screenshot.
    There is a youtube video by user Xynode from the pre-pts event that shows him riding that mount all over Summerset. That is where I would look if you're curious.

It's a very cool mount.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixith wrote: »
    Im just a bit curious, are you talking about the goldish glow on the head armor and the tiny bit below the head?

That’s precisely what I’m referring to. It’s a really nice accent that doesn’t appear to be coming from a light source. The gold saddle looks bizarre and out of place on the datamined image without the gold accents on the head and breast.

I honestly think it was originally intended to have those gold elements, but then they realized they could get more people to buy the nicer-looking Psijic crate apex mounts if the pre-order mount didn’t look as good as it did in the first promo image.
    Options
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭

Aurielle is talking about the plate on the chest, the gold glow on the front and back of the neck armor pieces.
    when i first looked to check and saw that it didn't match, i assumed the picture she is referring to just had the glow because of the light source on the left side of the picture, but since the glow is also on the back of the neck armor, that can't be accurate.
    my graphics are on medium, when i log in today, i'll increase them to the maximum and see if there is any kind of golden reflection if you are standing near a light source.
    also, i'm quite sure the saddle also was just black like the armor and not brown like in the preview. - wrong, i checked
    the mount overall seems to have less production quality with those missing details.
    Edited by Dragath on April 19, 2018 12:29PM
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lighting is everything with shiny armor. The armor was only reflecting the light of the torch in the first screenshot.
    There is a youtube video by user Xynode from the pre-pts event that shows him riding that mount all over Summerset. That is where I would look if you're curious.

It's a very cool mount.

It’s very misleading, then. I figured it couldn’t possibly be coming from the torch in the image, because the physics of it didn’t make sense.

If you’re going to advertise a mount, then FFS, use neutral lighting that’s not going to give a misleading impression of what the mount actually looks like.
    Options
  • Mixith
    Mixith
    ✭✭✭

That’s precisely what I’m referring to. It’s a really nice accent that doesn’t appear to be coming from a light source. The gold saddle looks bizarre and out of place on the datamined image without the gold accents on the head and breast.

I honestly think it was originally intended to have those gold elements, but then they realized they could get more people to buy the nicer-looking Psijic crate apex mounts if the pre-order mount didn’t look as good as it did in the first promo image.

Hmm i first thought it might have been the light from the background hitting the armor but now that you mention it it really does look a bit off.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aurielle is talking about the plate on the chest, the gold glow on the front and back of the neck armor pieces.
    when i first looked to check and saw that it didn't match, i assumed the picture she is referring to just had the glow because of the light source on the left side of the picture, but since the glow is also on the back of the neck armor, that can't be accurate.
    my graphics are on medium, when i log in today, i'll increase them to the maximum and see if there is any kind of golden reflection if you are standing near a light source.
    also, i'm quite sure the saddle also was just black like the armor and not brown like in the preview.
    the mount overall seems to have less production quality with those missing details.

With a black saddle and full silver armour, my DK might be able to use it. Still, that’s NOT the mount that I paid for. I’m so annoyed.
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, it is. Lighting behaves oddly in this game as well as others. Lights shine through objects and show on the reverse side of the object, otherwise you couldn't really tell that they were shining through something if it was coming from that surface instead of hitting it and bouncing off.
    Most lighting in games behaves like a ball of paint. Everything within the radius gets a different color that looks like it is being hit by light.
    This is because the ray tracing to make accurate lighting is very heavy on computer resources. We only really get this with the sunlight because of that. It's easier to calculate as it moves less in relation to everything else.
    Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It looks petty good in lowish light at dusk in game, but does not look so good in the glaring Summerset day
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The last photo OP posted, it just looks like that “ghost” horse they released only this horse is red... I’ll pass :/
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, when you jump while standing still, to make the mount do its special animation, it actually has a red glow strike your character and surfaces nearby. It's a cool added touch of it seemingly charging with power.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, it is. Lighting behaves oddly in this game as well as others. Lights shine through objects and show on the reverse side of the object, otherwise you couldn't really tell that they were shining through something if it was coming from that surface instead of hitting it and bouncing off.
    Most lighting in games behaves like a ball of paint. Everything within the radius gets a different color that looks like it is being hit by light.
    This is because the ray tracing to make accurate lighting is very heavy on computer resources. We only really get this with the sunlight because of that. It's easier to calculate as it moves less in relation to everything else.

Be that as it may, it’s false advertisement. I wouldn’t have bought the collector’s edition if the mount looked like it did in the second image I posted.

Options
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭

also, i'm quite sure the saddle also was just black like the armor and not brown like in the preview.

With a black saddle and full silver armour, my DK might be able to use it. Still, that’s NOT the mount that I paid for. I’m so annoyed.

i just log in to check / not spread misinformation. turned the graphics to max.
    the saddle is brown! just didn't remember it correctly / looks a bit dark in the shadow.
    there is a reflection on the armor that looks a bit yellow if you are standing near a light source that is above the horses head, but it is just a slightly yellow reflection if the light source is that color. nowhere near the amount on the picture and the armor does not appear golden when reflecting the light.
    i'd say the golden elements / shine were just an artistic approach to the slight reflection the armor has.
    the wispy trails are as prominent as they are on the apex cat mount that is in the current crown crates, though.
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last photo OP posted, it just looks like that “ghost” horse they released only this horse is red... I’ll pass :/

Similar yes, that's the same model and same tech to make it transparent. But it has armor that is solid, unlike the ghost horse, and a red glow and magical trails and "emanations".

I'm not as fond of the horse as I would be if it was a wolf(my favorite) or a bear or a senche(sabre cat is better though), but it is the coolest horse I've seen in game.
    I'm waiting to at least use crown gems on the psijic inspired wolf mount in the crates.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, when you jump while standing still, to make the mount do its special animation, it actually has a red glow strike your character and surfaces nearby. It's a cool added touch of it seemingly charging with power.

Well, then it might be appropriate for my DK and her Ebon orbs. Just gutted that my sorc won’t be able to pull off the cool look I’d envisioned for her when I bought the damn thing. :/
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Be that as it may, it’s false advertisement. I wouldn’t have bought the collector’s edition if the mount looked like it did in the second image I posted.

One little slight color difference?

Ok, to each their own. Take it up with support if you want a refund.
    Don't ruin it for the rest of us who are less nit-picky. It's still shiny metal silver if not gold and both are precious metals.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One little slight color difference?

Ok, to each their own. Take it up with support if you want a refund.
    Don't ruin it for the rest of us who are less nit-picky. It's still shiny metal silver if not gold and both are precious metals.

Armour colour isn’t a “slight” difference (as far as I’m concerned). Some characters look better in gold than in silver. My sorc falls into the former category, and I’ve yet to find a mount that works well with the nice gold and grey colour scheme I made for her. I thought that this would be the mount that FINALLY worked with that outfit, but I was mistaken due to a misleading advertisement. My DK can use it, but I’m still really annoyed. I wasn’t all that interested in the motif (which will likely be available in game) or the pet, and solely bought it for the mount.

Options
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭

i haven't really checked other objects because i usually don't play on max settings, but the armor i checked definitely does not have that effect you describe.
    maybe you could make some pictures on the pts to show it and add where you are standing?
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i just log in to check / not spread misinformation. turned the graphics to max.
    the saddle is brown! just didn't remember it correctly / looks a bit dark in the shadow.
    there is a reflection on the armor that looks a bit yellow if you are standing near a light source that is above the horses head, but it is just a slightly yellow reflection if the light source is that color. nowhere near the amount on the picture and the armor does not appear golden when reflecting the light.
    i'd say the golden elements / shine were just an artistic approach to the slight reflection the armor has.
    the wispy trails are as prominent as they are on the apex cat mount that is in the current crown crates, though.

Ugh, the saddle is brown? Mount saddles are one of my biggest gripes with the cosmetics in this game. Sometimes they get it right, but more often than not, they don’t. The gold saddle and gold armour in the original advertised image looked great! I’m really disappointed that it looks nothing like that, and has a mismatched saddle to boot.

Thanks again for checking. :( I’ve learned my lesson: don’t get excited and preorder anything until you know what the preorder items actually look like in-game.

Options