The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

Thief and Shadow mundus stones

Supernatural
Supernatural
✭✭✭✭
Ever since Horns of the Reach, these two mundus stones have seen no use in end-game PvE, both in group and solo play and PvP. At the moment, there is no diversity when it comes to mundus stones, all trials dd builds run either warrior or apprentice, and in solo Lover is the preferred choice most of the time. Will anything be done about this?
Edited by Supernatural on August 13, 2019 8:28PM
Maelstrom Arena - World's First Nightblade 600k Score - 02/18/2017
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    There has never been diversity with mundus stones. It's just different ones being the meta. There never will be diversity for end-game pve.
    Options
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mondini wrote: »
    There has never been diversity with mundus stones. It's just different ones being the meta. There never will be diversity for end-game pve.

Ya, best case scenario, they are buffed to perform comparably in PVP for example.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will always be the mathematically best possible choice for a mundus stone in a PvE environment.

However the problem goes deeper as currently neither shadow nor thief see use in pvp scenarios aswell. This imo points towards them clearly underperforming compared to alternatives as even in niche build scenarios warrior/apprentice will give better overall results.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    There will always be the mathematically best possible choice for a mundus stone in a PvE environment.

However the problem goes deeper as currently neither shadow nor thief see use in pvp scenarios aswell. This imo points towards them clearly underperforming compared to alternatives as even in niche build scenarios warrior/apprentice will give better overall results.

I agree. Doubt they will get much more use as (unless I read the patch notes wrong) heals no longer crit, which is really a big bonus these two things brought
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    By removing healing from Shadow, this mundus now definitely deserves to perform (on average) better damage wise even at relatively lower crit chance. Warrior/Apprentice currently buff crit damage, non crit damage, crit heal and non crit heal. Shadow just crit damage.
    Options
  • Supernatural
    Supernatural
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    By removing healing from Shadow, this mundus now definitely deserves to perform (on average) better damage wise even at relatively lower crit chance. Warrior/Apprentice currently buff crit damage, non crit damage, crit heal and non crit heal. Shadow just crit damage.

Yeah that is where I wanted to get. Right now warrior outcrits shadow, which is just silly.
    Maelstrom Arena - World's First Nightblade 600k Score - 02/18/2017
    Options