The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Night mothers gaze discussion

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smaxx wrote: »
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    TFS is less pen than NMG for vMA.
    You could drop lover for warrior AND TFS for NMG and you'll be sitting on 9.6k pen which is around perfect for the last boss, especially now that you can get NMG jewellery.

Not sure I can follow.

Twice-Fanged Serpent gets you 5 stacks of 860 penetration (if golden; with 1 purple ring I'm at 850), add 5,280 from Surprise Attack, and you're at 9,560 physical penetration in total.

For solo content this is probably more than enough.

For raids you can add 2,108 from crusher and 3,010 from Roar of Alkosh (and Major Fracture from another source). So we're totaling in 14,678; or more specifically: 3,522 left. If you really want to, you can get that remaining from Champion Points or the Lover Mundus Stone, but I don't really see the appear to maximize it at all costs. (Using one club might be another option.)

Most adds die in vma before you get a full stack and there is a lot of down time before they spawn more, so on average, he is say you would have better results with nmg.

And the Mobs in vma have either 9.1k, 12.5 or 18.2k.
    Options
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    Applying Major Fracture and Breach can be useful in Solo contents like VMA,

Can be useful for Stam Sorc, DK and Templar.

You could already get more than enough pen for vMSA even without this change...

Not on Stamina toons (but still its easy content with low penetration stats) or even this is useful where tank not running in dungeons!

Bosses in vMA have, on average, way lower resistances than trials bosses
    You could drop lover for warrior AND TFS for NMG and you'll be sitting on 9.6k pen which is around perfect for the last boss, especially now that you can get NMG jewellery.

Not sure I can follow.

Twice-Fanged Serpent gets you 5 stacks of 860 penetration (if golden; with 1 purple ring I'm at 850), add 5,280 from Surprise Attack, and you're at 9,560 physical penetration in total.

For raids you can add 2,108 from crusher and 3,010 from Roar of Alkosh (and Major Fracture from another source). So we're totaling in 14,678; or more specifically: 3,522 left. If you really want to, you can get that remaining from Champion Points or the Lover Mundus Stone, but I don't really see the appear to maximize it at all costs. (Using one club might be another option.)

The problem is that with Sunderflame and NMG all the stamina don't need TFS, thus resulting in more damage for everyone else. You don't need maces, you can go with two daggers or a dagger and an axe. More damage for the group. You don't need lover, you can go with the Warrior. I think there is a lot of misconception about why this change is one of the very few changes that are misliked about this patch. It's not about single target DPS on a skeleton, it's not about reaching or not reaching pen cap for all the stamina.
    The topic is about diversity, optimization and losing 12% overall damage for all the stamina in a raid optimised group. And that's just enough damage to make people say, why should we bring 3 stamDKs when magDKs do the same amount of single target and they have better defensive mechanisms?
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
    Options
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, yes, of course. But as soon as you can/want to take down at least a few adds first, stacks should be building fast again.
    Options
  • Wayshuba
    Wayshuba
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure I can follow.

Don't forget, for self-penetration buffing you can also run Kra'gh's (or at least the shoulders) for another 1487. Add another 5280 from the tank's pierce armor, and you have all but wiped out the 18,200 cap.
    Options
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprise Attack and Pierce Armor both apply the same debuff, so these won't stack (same with the reworked NMG).
    Options
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wayshuba wrote: »

Not sure I can follow.

Don't forget, for self-penetration buffing you can also run Kra'gh's (or at least the shoulders) for another 1487. Add another 5280 from the tank's pierce armor, and you have all but wiped out the 18,200 cap.

This\/
    Surprise Attack and Pierce Armor both apply the same debuff, so these won't stack (same with the reworked NMG).

Options
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again, the point is not reaching or not pen Cap.
    Is how much group damage you're going to lose in order to do so.

With Sunderflame you're fully optimised and can have 1 or 2 stam ( for certain trials even the other 3 ) run with full damage setups, making your group stronger and all the stamina classes wanted and appreciated in trials, despite the high-risk playstyle. Because the 4 stam guys are doing more damage and bringing both high single target and high AoE / Cleave.

Going in with the dummy test build isn't going to optimise your damage in trial, isn't going to help out the group pulling more damage. And is basically pidgeon-holding stam guys back into the prehistorical Twice Fanged + VO setup. It's a TON of damage loss for no particular reason.
    Edited by Weps on April 18, 2018 11:16AM
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
    Options
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are the current sources of major fracture, quoting from:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/284053/buffs-and-debuffs-a-full-list-updated-for-dragon-bones/p1

-One Hand and Shield Ability: Puncture+Morhps
    -Nightblade Assassination Ability: Mark Target+Morphs
    -Nightblade Shadow Ability: Surprise Attack (Morph of Veiled Strike)
    -Dragonknight Ardent Flame Ability: Noxious Breath (Morph of Fiery Breath)
    -Warden Animal Companion Ability: Subterranean Assault (Morph of Scorch)

So any content involving a tank or a stam nightblade, dragonknight or warden already has major fracture applied. This means the new nmg only really has a place on a stam sorc or Templar running solo.

Major fracture may be tempting for pvp on those two classes, but with two other set bonuses being for crit chance, I’m not sure how it would compare to e.g. spriggans to do the same job.
    Options
  • JerryAlder
    JerryAlder
    ✭✭
    I feel that this is not a matter of can we reach pen cap it's how we do it. We can spend 100 points into piercing and get pen cap with a broom but that's not the point. For raids I want this as everything to be a group effort. Tank and healer use some buffs and debuffs while different class dds can bring something else to the table. These sets have been the ONLY group utility stam players really have with some small exceptions. I don't count war machine since it's a selfish set that happens to also maybe do something usefull to someone. This game desperately needs more sets for groups and trials. And also for dds not just tanks and healers.
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sunder change makes stamplar slightly unnecessary now
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of nerfing these sets, why not add group oriented mag dps sets? Maybe something like making elemental succession a group set, have it apply it's rotating buff to the group. I would also like to see powerful assault buffed a bit like replacing the health bonus now that every stam dps uses caltrops.
    PS4-NA-1000+cp
    Nightblade-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Nightblade-Argonian-Tank : Dragonknight-Imperial-Tank : Dragonknight-Darkelf-Magicka Dps
    Sorcerer-Khajiit-Stamina Dps : Sorcerer-Highelf-Magicka Dps : Templar-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Templar-Highelf-Magicka Dps
    Warden-Imperial-Tank : Warden-Highelf-Magicka Dps
    Options
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kragh+TFS+30 points on penetration=Problem solved
    Options
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JerryAlder wrote: »
    These sets have been the ONLY group utility stam players really have with some small exceptions.

Roar of Alkosh, anyone? Yes, I know, it's a staple for the tank (and as such I wouldn't call it "small"), since that way it's a lot easier to organize having exactly one in the raid (and get some other DPS set on the DPS), but in the end it would actually be a a Stamina DPS set. Period.

Maybe they want to get away from one or two being responsible for penetration alone, while everyone else just stacks damage?
    Options
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    Kragh+TFS+30 points on penetration=Problem solved

And trial dps down the drain. But if the point is become elder staves online, we are on the way.
    Edited by caperon on April 18, 2018 8:18PM
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, you are all making assumptions on what you think you want the games direction to be and ZOS has proven otherwise countless of other times with different sets.

The only logical reason I see behind this nerf is to put it into a buff category instead of having flat values. Most sets if not all are like this now I think the only one is the exception of Alkosh. But they might leave Alkosh as is because it's one of the most unique sets.

The way I see it is a way to handle Power Creeps.
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set is worthless now IMO.

Even solo for most classes - you get the same debuff from class skills that are commonly used for most classes already.

But more than anything, it kind of is a kick in the pants for StamDPSers - they won't have the pen of Magicka builds anymore, even with running TFS or Spriggans. But they still have to be up by the boss/mobs in danger and taking more damage than Mag builds PLUS don't have anything good in the way of shielding. This isn't even bringing up the fact that some fights are just going to lower a stam's DPS from having to worry more about positioning even without any nerfs or changes. Sure they can compensate with different stones and traits, but if the mag don't have to, then it still results in a loss of DPS in comparison.

And as a Tank that is bored of having to run Ebon/Alkosh, Ebon/Alkosh, Ebon/Alkosh on every tank build, this makes Alkosh even more important for the tank to have to run. So no hope for less boring builds on my tanks next patch. Yay?
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options