The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

High Elf Hero

adriant1978
adriant1978
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Trivial question, but it's been bugging me ...

If possible to answer without spoilers and certainly without NDA breakage, can anyone say whether or not the High Elf Hero from the trailer actually makes an appearance in-game?

I've heard some say that she is Alwinarwe, but I haven't been convinced due to visual differences and the fact that no mention of Alwinarwe having served in Cyrodiil was made in her "Meet the Character" article.

Curious because if she does appear she would be the first of the three alliance heroes to actually show up in the game.

Best Answers

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no ! It's definately not Alwinarwe, that I can tell you. Alwinarwe is a politician.
    And no, I have not played the main story. Thus any spoiler I may have caused, is merely coincidential.

I think that's very clear though from what we have seen. She is really just a political force in Ayrenn's place and no warrior.
    The answer is probably rather upsetting: The 3 alliance heroes are just trailer characters for showcase purpose and aren't existing characters.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Answer ✓
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prob just generic ? i don't remember seeing that warder any where from the MW trailer.
    Answer ✓
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    The answer is probably rather upsetting: The 3 alliance heroes are just trailer characters for showcase purpose and aren't existing characters.
    Prob just generic ? i don't remember seeing that warder any where from the MW trailer.

Ah, I was afraid that the answer might have been "just marketing fluff". :/
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly, that's what it is. But we already knew that since years :) Didn't ZoS even say it themselves ? Not sure on this though.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sadly, that's what it is. But we already knew that since years :) Didn't ZoS even say it themselves ? Not sure on this though.

I think they may have done, yes, but I wondered if something has changed when they made her quite a prominent part of the Summerset teaser and even gave her voiced lines.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He's a minor character in Naryu's journal, the physical one that came with physical collectors' editions of the game. I imagine the Elven hero will show up similarly in Raz's journal, if they go that route. But as far as I know he doesn't show up anywhere in the game proper.

• Joker99
    Joker99
    ✭✭✭
    The High Elf/Breton/[Insert race here] Hero is actually supposed to be you, the player.
    PC-EU
    DPS Slave:
    StamNB, MagNB, MagPlar, MagDK, StamDK, StamWarden
    Mostly just a scrub. Not even max CP.Actually max CP.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joker99 wrote: »
    The High Elf/Breton/[Insert race here] Hero is actually supposed to be you, the player.

The High Elf Sorc, Nord (Warrior, I guess), and Breton Nightblade. But, yeah, I think that's the basic implication. Not necessarily the character you're playing specifically, but a stand in for you in the trailers. Though, I guess we'll see when Raz's journal pops up with the physical edition.