Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Can I freely come and go from starter island?

oldbustedjorn
I've finished pretty much everything on the AD starter island (Kenarthi's Roost), except for a couple of achievements. I was able to get here after the tutorial and I know I can go back. However, I'm concerned that if I board the skiff (since the quest line there is done), that I will no longer be able to return.

Has anyone verified that you can freely come and go?
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can still freely come and go. You can even do so from a wayshrine; just navigate to the island you want, choose the destination wayshrine on that island, and off you go!

So if you don't want to level up, say, clothing and want to come back later when the jute isn't being farmed as heavily, you can save your skill points...
  • oldbustedjorn
    Oh my I didn't even think about the way-shrines... thanks!!
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget that if you go to your nearest wayshrine and use that to travel, it costs nothing, but if your not at a wayshrine and simply click on one on the map it will cost you gold to travel to it.
  • LostGamer
    LostGamer
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, since you land in cities now after Cold Harbor, it is a good idea to visit a wayshrine before going to the starter islands... Makes it easy to pop back & forth.