Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we please get 1, just one, faction locked campaign?

Crom_CCCXVI
Crom_CCCXVI
✭✭✭✭✭
I get PvP is mean to be fun, play with your friends... etc, etc.

But for those of us who really use to enjoy the EP vs DC vs AD, back when their was alliance pride, and your friends and enemies weren't the same people... can we have that back plz? 1 campaign (14 day would be perfect) for those of us who want to try to put some team competition back in Cyrodil?
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We had that, one alliance per server. They changed it because people complained they couldn't play with their friends on other factions.

So, now we have what we wanted
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be up for that, preferably noCP too.

However fixing the nefarious use of alliance switching everywhere i'd prefer - and Bryan confirmed in the PVP update that somethings being looked at.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wheeler said they had plans for some kind of lock timer or something in the main thread, he's on ESO Live tonight as well so maybe we'll get more info then.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    We had that, one alliance per server. They changed it because people complained they couldn't play with their friends on other factions.

Well, what you wanted - but the other half of the debate did not. And sadly one path leads to cheating and ruining PvP and the other means 'friends' have to coordinate better....
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s have a faction locked campaign where you do no damage if you’re nearby more than 8 other players of your faction.
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need to have a hardcore campaign. Of which has faction locks, eliminates AP gain from killing players, and increased rewards for attacking and defending keeps.
    Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
    Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All for it if one of these campaigns stops these types of threads from popping up. Be interesting to see just how small that campaigns population is too. At least we'd have pure numbers to discuss when talking about popularity about what is good for PvP and what is not.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭

Not everyone wanted that....
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Well, what you wanted - but the other half of the debate did not. And sadly one path leads to cheating and ruining PvP and the other means 'friends' have to coordinate better....

if you think this will stop those people cheating you are sadly and greatly mistaken. and punishing innocent people because of this delusion.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im really for this.

Ive seen one player on all 3 alliances in the space of like 90 mins.

Considering scrolls and keeps provide bonuses like spell power etc its really unfair being able to just switch to an ult and take a scroll or whatever for your main alliance
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Beardimus I totally agree. Though I did switch between ep and dc, usually at the end of a campaign, this has become an issue for sure.

But having "friends" on other factions will never end. I am for one faction per server, like it was a while back.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »

if you think this will stop those people cheating you are sadly and greatly mistaken. and punishing innocent people because of this delusion.

Sadly @Slick_007 you are right people will find ways to circumvent, however this is an answer that will help part of the issue. I'm open to other solutions to the problem for sure if you have some.

most legislation ruins fun for the law / rule abiding because of the few :(
    Edited by Beardimus on April 17, 2018 12:57PM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Beardimus I totally agree. Though I did switch between ep and dc, usually at the end of a campaign, this has become an issue for sure.

But having "friends" on other factions will never end. I am for one faction per server, like it was a while back.

And I agree. I'm not advocating one Alliance per account for everything. (althought I personally would like more alliance loyalty like this etc etc from a very slight RP side) but i'm talking campaign.

If ZOS work to spread the population between campaigns it means people only need to wait a week to switch sides on Shor. (I'm sure nerfarious behavour will happen pre -reset however!) and / or people could run the Blue on Sotha, Yellow on Shor, Red on Vivec etc etc. If friends wont move campagins for each other they aren't that good mates i'd say.

Regardless the problem is alliance switching for nefarious reasons, scroll running, AP boosting, Emp flipping etc etc - i'm open to other solutions to stop this if people invent them. For now a lock is the answer I can see
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭

But for those of us who really use to enjoy the EP vs DC vs AD, back when their was alliance pride, and your friends and enemies weren't the same people... can we have that back plz? 1 campaign (14 day would be perfect) for those of us who want to try to put some team competition back in Cyrodil?

I would come back to the game if they did this.
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    The faction locking should ONLY be for campaigns, character creation should no longer require you to choose an alliance. But the faction lock should be by account and last for a campaigns duration. I'm also in favor of maybe changing campaigns length...maybe 2 weeks is a good number. But among the people I run with in two different large Pvp Guilds, it's almost universal that we want faction loyalty to be rewarded and encouraged, and an end to this faction/campaign hopping that in our opinion is ruining the fun for all involved. The hoppers themselves are ruining their own fun, whether they realize it or not. AP whoredom has it's price... :wink:
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copied from another thread:

As pertains to the campaign duration faction lock, I think an interesting concept would be something as follows.
    In or along side of, the undaunted daily hubs for each faction they could place a recruitment officer who would allow you to bind your account for the remainder of a campaign to a specific faction for a specific server. In this way all of your characters regardless of their individual factions would swear loyalty to a specific faction for the duration of the campaign allowing you to play all of your characters for that faction. I know some people are concerned about not being able to play some of their characters during a campaign if they are not of the appropriate faction. This would seem a fairly easy way to allow the playability of all characters, while still allowing a way to lock an account to a specific faction for a particular campaign.

Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO wrote: »
    We feel that there are definately genuine reasons for wanting to play on other factions. Friends, map activity during time of play, RP etc.. This shouldn't be fully locked off by making all of your characters be locked but instead just have the rewards and focus be on a faction. AP being just a currency is still perfectly valid to earn which is why we left that as the incentive.

Response:

There are genuine reasons for wanting to play on other factions during a single campaign. There are also nefarious reasons for wanting to do so as well. I won't try and break down what percentage sits on each side of that fence as no one really knows, but there are definitely people on both sides.

On the other hand, locking an account to one faction for a particular campaign also allows people to play on other factions, but it does not allow them to do so within a single campaign cycle. It does allow, however, for some other interesting things.

1. It allows a person who has all of their characters on one faction to play all of them on a different faction.
    2. It allows PvE'ers to switch factions every 30 days and more conveniently collect gated skyshards, and do quests more
    local to a given faction home base with all of their characters regardless of those characters actual chosen alliance
    affiliation.
    3. It allows those people who made a character and developed it before realizing that some friend or relative that they enjoy
    playing with made a character on another faction, and that they can't play together with those two particular characters.
    Now they would be able to play with each other on those two characters.
    4. It allows a person who gets tired of the lip-jacking of the faction they are playing with, to up and switch to another faction
    on all of their characters regardless of each of their characters chosen alliance affiliation.
    5. No longer is a totally fleshed out character that was made as a DC alliance bound to only be able to play on the DC
    alliance. Your main can switch alliances every 30 days.

There are pros and cons to both perspectives. One allows more freedom for a single campaign cycle, while the other allows more freedom over the life cycle of the game as a whole. To each their own I guess, but I prefer the latter. With a little planning anyone should easily be able to play with their friends on any of the 3 alliances with any of their characters regardless of their respective chosen alliance.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a hardcore DC only PvPer I support Alliance Locked campaigns

People should only be able to play on one alliance per campaign.

As A DC player on Vivec/PC/NA, It would be nice. It is draining, when you give your all to one side and you see multiple people playing for your side+enemy side.

I want Alliance Loyalty rewards for sticking with 1 alliance. As a veteran pvper since Beta, I miss the days of Alliance pride
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with PvP is there are so many different types of players that are forced to play with each other. This causes conflict of interest. I find it fun working the map in a logical manner while defending all our keeps. I believe my way of playing promotes long term fun. On the hand, many people I play with think different. Some players think it is fun sitting at outposts while another alliance takes the map. Some players think they are cool watching an alliance member dying in a 1v1 instead of helping kill the enemy. Some players think it is fun to flip sides when ever they want, and some players think it is fun not defending keeps then waiting til it is empty to take it back for the AP gains.

I would love to see a campaign that has Alliance pride, huge battles, logical thinking players, and players who actually defend every keep/outpost they take. A hard core campaign filled with like minded players is what I want. It would be soo awesome. Maybe even lock it during off hours so players don't get that fake emperor achievement.

I personally don't care if my alliances wins or loses, however, what I like most about PvP is when we are all working together, helping each other out, and doing the best we can to defeat the enemy. Something about this really pulls me into PvP and gets me all excited.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel like most of the people who clamored for the ability to freely switch alliances within a campaign, either got caught up in "The Great Banning" event, or have quit ESO for other reasons. I think it would be a much smaller outcry to make that change now. Of course some people would be upset by it, but probably not nearly as many as are unhappy with the current state.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'hi, can someone please help me with <x> in cyrodiil?'
    'sorry, we cant because we were in there yesterday and due to the decision of some internet police chaps, we arent allowed on your faction for another 29 days. Go solo, or go home'

NO to faction locked campaigns.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    'sorry, we cant because we were in there yesterday and due to the decision of some internet police chaps, we arent allowed on your faction for another 29 days. Go solo, or go home'

Maybe think outside the box?

... I'm sorry I wasn't thinking correctly. We can go to another campaign and play a flute together.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    An alternative to faction locking is to use an AP multiplier based on how long you have been in faction. Not my idea-saw it somewhere but can't remember where (sorry).

When you log into a campaign for the first time, you get 100% of the AP you earn. If you switch factions, the AP multiplier drops to 0% but increases as time goes on until it is back up to 100%. For example, it could increase by 25% each hour you play in that faction. In that scenario the penalty disappears after 4 hours of play. Or 5% every scoring period or whatever rate of increase works best.

1. This would allow people to switch to "play with friends" or help out a guildie or "help out the underdog" or whatever other reason that doesn't have to do with AP.

2. It would be a heavy disincentive to AP hounds jumping on the AP bandwagon which is what most people seem to be complaining about.
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 tamriel killed Cyrodil
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry only scan read this thread. I'm not up for Characters changing alliance, no way. Your Character is one alliance and that's that - sure they might add a one time Alliance change token that's fine. But we need more Alliance separation not less.

Its so easy to level 1-50 now if you completely change social groups a few weeks and you would be spun back up on a new toon.

Locking i'm talking about is on campaign. so you cant get a toon of each colour on the leaderboards then flip to the winnin side in the final days
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think we would find if they create locked campaign. The majority of the playerbase will go to that campaign... I would take it even further while in Cyrodil you cannot message someone from another faction... Honestly I hate this part of the game the most I hate people sending me hate tells and I have to put them on ignore !!! The toxic behavior is crazy on Vevic...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As people said, make one campaign with lock and another campaign with no lock! See which one will the most popular! I already know which.
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no

Why? With the current system in place there is hardly ever any exciting finishes to campaigns. Once a faction starts pushing ahead the faction swaapers start shifting to the winning side.

And if people really want to play with friends then pick a faction at the start of the campaign and play with your friends for the duration of that campaign.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One campaign locked if they add a campaign for it wouldn't hurt anyone . Don't want to be locked ? , play on a unlocked campaign . Sounds reasonable .
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    This is EXACTLY why there should be campaign faction locks. If said player requests your "help" and he/she's from an enemy faction, one you COULD have chosen as yours but didn't, then you have no business intruding on the campaign results by hopping about like some disloyal mosquito. Again, it would be YOUR choice which faction/campaign to play on, and deciding to help a different faction do anything is detrimental to the game. I work hard for 30 days trying to help my faction win. Why should you have the right to manipulate the results?
    vamp_emily wrote: »

Maybe think outside the box?

... I'm sorry I wasn't thinking correctly. We can go to another campaign and play a flute together.

• Sporigudinai
    Sporigudinai
    ✭✭
    Hi guys, i´m new here and i´m playing for a week, i think.
    I just decided to not go back to PVE and stay in PVP for a while, and it´s really fun.

I don´t play thinking about AP or whatever, it make me excited to defende my aliance forts and stuffs, and sometimes sacrifice my self for some activiment, and i didn´t know it was that easy to change aliances.
    Now i´m a little depressed, because how can i trust in my aliance mates, if they will go to the enemy side :(
    Sir Eizenheim - DC Sotha
    Sporigudunai - DC Kyne