The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Multi core support

rumple9
rumple9
✭✭✭✭✭
Is this on PTS?
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it was answered before as "yes".
  • Valkysas154
    Valkysas154
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is but don't expect much i am in a city in summerset with no one around getting 17fps
    on a fx8350 8 core with hardwear monitor telling me it's only being used at 22% max 44% and gpu at 54% max 16gb ram with 9gb free
  • NukeAllTheThings
    NukeAllTheThings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ran a comparison test and I definitely see an improvement.

I have a FX8350 with a 980ti and 16gb RAM. I made sure all add-ons were completely disabled and graphics settings are the same with high textures and subsampling quality, shadows water reflection quality and grass are turned off. Particle settings set at minimum and view distance maxed.

I did a standard skeleton burn at my house next to Rawl kha. On PTS I saw an improvement through the test of 10 fps minimum up to 19.

I then went from to the wayshrine at Elden Root and rode to the wayshrine at Redfur Trading post and had pretty similar results. 10-20 fps increase.

I plan on testing out a couple of mirrored dungeon runs to stress it even more and as add-ons are updated I want to test them as well. It isnt a massive increase but if you are running a sub-optimal CPU then anything improvement helps.
    "it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days." - Matt Firor