The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

MagSorc MegaThread (No Stam)

NyassaV
NyassaV
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Stamsorc is pretty flavorless overall so this thread will focus on magic sorc. The changes for magic sorc are nice but feel very passive and useless more most DPS. The glaring issues I have is that overload will be way to powerful this patch because of overload and ONLY overload. The changes to light attacks will make super crazy 26k light attacks on a player type of builds which sorta already exist but the ones that exist require some lining up which means there is a bit of counterplay. The changes to empower and the psijic over skill will make overload extremely powerful.

Please give frags it's damage back... There was no reason to remove the damage, only the stun

List your ideas and complaints bellow
Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Stamsorc is pretty flavorless overall so this thread will focus on magic sorc. The changes for magic sorc are nice but feel very passive and useless more most DPS. The glaring issues I have is that overload will be way to powerful this patch because of overload and ONLY overload. The changes to light attacks will make super crazy 26k light attacks on a player type of builds which sorta already exist but the ones that exist require some lining up which means there is a bit of counterplay. The changes to empower and the psijic over skill will make overload extremely powerful.

Please give frags it's damage back... There was no reason to remove the damage, only the stun

Where did they remove the damage from frag? I didnt read any change to frag...
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Frags took two nerfs when they a) reduced the bonus damage by 10% and b) removed the stun. It has been like that since Morrowind.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah like queens elegance, bloodspawn, and X will make for a decent OL build. Combos with runecage I think will go meta for 1 shot builds. Alteration mastery or potenates/willpower....cheaper OL casts.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Frags took two nerfs when they a) reduced the bonus damage by 10% and b) removed the stun. It has been like that since Morrowind.

They didnt remove it though. What they did is not that terrilbe, however I believe frag stun was gone later patch not since morrowind. Frag is fine, something else needs to happen to make sorcs more versitile class. Pets use double bar, no spammable etc.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

They didnt remove it though. What they did is not that terrilbe, however I believe frag stun was gone later patch not since morrowind. Frag is fine, something else needs to happen to make sorcs more versitile class. Pets use double bar, no spammable etc.

The removed like 7% of the damage in response to the fact that sorc was stupid OP at which point I knew Wrobel didn't really play the game that much because it was the stun that killed people not the damage.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info