Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Why does Jewelry Crafting lack Hirelings?

NordSwordnBoard
NordSwordnBoard
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I get by with a little help from my friends. On a long enough timeline, they justify investing the skill points imo.

It's how I contracted Pacrooti, after all. Urbek done smashing words, no Urbek smash titanium?

ESO could have a contest to let players write up the next series of messages if it gets implemented later on! (or maybe to diversify the current messages)
Fear is the Mindkiller

Best Answers

• Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool suggestion, particularly with having a contest to put fanmade RP content into the game, even in just a little small way like that.

However, I do think it is important to note they may have planned it the way it is for balance reasons. It is not beyond reason either - each crafting skill has certain skill lines others do not. For example, enchanting has two passive lines that allow you to use different materials, while with blacksmithing you only need to upgrade one line to be able to use different materials. Hirelings are available for woodworking, but not for alchemy. Maybe not having a hireling is one of jewelry crafting's quirks as well.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
    Answer ✓
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry Crafting is clearly intended to be a massive grindfest. ZOS want it to take a long time to master the craft and a long time to gather the materials to craft/upgrade jewelry. Whether this is because ZOS just like to make us grind, even in cash-purchased content, or they are trying to keep the Golden Merchant and Veteran Trials interesting, I don't know. But having 15 characters get a combined 30 hireling emails per day would likely cut down the grind considerably and they appear to want to avoid that.
    Answer ✓
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Jewelry Crafting is clearly intended to be a massive grindfest. ZOS want it to take a long time to master the craft and a long time to gather the materials to craft/upgrade jewelry. ... But having 15 characters get a combined 30 hireling emails per day would likely cut down the grind considerably and they appear to want to avoid that.

This is a perfect answer to the thread's title question.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry Crafting is clearly intended to be a massive grindfest. ZOS want it to take a long time to master the craft and a long time to gather the materials to craft/upgrade jewelry. ... But having 15 characters get a combined 30 hireling emails per day would likely cut down the grind considerably and they appear to want to avoid that.

This is a perfect answer to the thread's title question.

I mean, technically, I did too, but yeah... that's probably pretty much the reason why there aren't any jewelry crafting hirelings.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish hirelings were voice acted and could follow you around or hang about your home.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • mike_skleinub17_ESO
    looking forward to seeing the first bloodthirsty posted for sale for 500k. And the fool silly enough to pay that
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jewelry Crafting is clearly intended to be a massive grindfest. ZOS want it to take a long time to master the craft and a long time to gather the materials to craft/upgrade jewelry. Whether this is because ZOS just like to make us grind, even in cash-purchased content, or they are trying to keep the Golden Merchant and Veteran Trials interesting, I don't know. But having 15 characters get a combined 30 hireling emails per day would likely cut down the grind considerably and they appear to want to avoid that.

If you are looking for particular set jewlkery, try get purple jewlery from trader or get help from guilde (who spent $$$ on research scrolls)

Simply upgrade and enjoy!