The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Interspecies Romance and mating?

• Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As stated above, interspecies romances are documented, and interbreeding occured between humans, between elves, and between humans x elfs (Bretons are indeed a proof)

Khajiit x elf seems legit to me (for I suspect the so-called Ohmes-raht form to be "in fact" a stable khajiit x mer hybrid population).
    Moreover, the khajiit are commonly stated as ehlnofey descendants, who would have been magically mutated from non-beast people, just the way peoples of today can become werewolves ... Khajiit are maybe a stable form of "weretiger" somehow. Maybe this can reach the myth if the person how performed this, was an ancient powerful ehlnofey called Azurah...

Argonian breeding with Ehlnofey races ... Seems irrelevant ... But why not, it's up to your own fantasy.
    @Casowen orcs were created when the Daedric Prince Boethiah defeated the Aldmeri god Trinimac, transforming him into Malacath and his faithful, the Orsimer, into Orcs. Not the result of interbreeding. Most races are created like this, from intervention of deities. With the aforementioned bretons being the only "half-breeds" in the lore.
    Proofs ? Where are the proooooofs ?
    *Orcs are not a mix of elves and goblins and they'd probably hatchet people in the face for saying so. Orcs are the result of their progenitor-god Trinimac being gobbled up and defecated after a war he led against Boethiah and her Velothi servants. Its not entirely clear what went down in the dawn era but all that is known is that the followers of Trinimac fought with the followers of St. Veloth and Trinimac fell. After this his race of Aldmer was cursed into the form you see today. It is interesting to note that Orcs are not the only twisted race. Dunmer were once the gold skinned people you see in Summerset. It wasn't until they abandoned Azura that she cursed them with red eyes and dark skin
    Official story thus bigot story, and it's a bit inconsistent regarding facts : Ashlanders who never ceased to praise Azura, are mutated too.
    Moreover, the red eye feature is not spread that much at ESO era yet (I mean, just look at the NPCs).

TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worth keeping in mind that romantic and sexual relationships are different from procreation. So, really, any sentient race can have a romantic and even sexual relationship with any other sentient race, even if their anatomy isn't compatible for procreation. Traditional male-female sexual intercourse is far from the only sexual activity out there, after all, especially in a high fantasy world like the Elder Scrolls.

As others have mentioned, men and mer can interbreed with some difficulty (it doesn't it's difficult anywhere specifically in lore to my knowledge, but based on real-world pairing between related but different species it seems likely). It's also definitely possible that mer and khajiit can successfully - if perhaps very rarely - create offspring, especially with the right type of khajiit, given that it's likely that they're at least distantly related. Beyond that... probably not. Argonians are human-like, but they and other beastfolk are sort of their own thing. I could see Argonians and Tsaesci being potentially compatible, though we'd need to know more about the Tsaesci to really make any sort of reasonable conclusion.

Also, worth noting that Orcs are mer. Their name isn't "Orismer" by coincidence. They don't like being called elves, elves don't like them being called elves, but they are, at least as much as the Dunmer and the Bosmer, both of which exhibit their own mutations (dark skin/red eyes and sometimes antlers/other animal features respectively). So racism against them aside, there's no real reason to assume they'd have any trouble at all procreating with other mer, and could probably procreate with men with some difficulty.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on April 2, 2018 2:10AM
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Malacath. Malacath is the proof. When there's literally a god-turned-Daedric-Prince backing up the story, it's probably legit.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casowen wrote: »
    Froil wrote: »
    There several interspecies couples in the games, some with evidence of mating. The general rule is any man or mer can interbreed and produce fertile offspring, which will generally be the race of the mother. Prolonged mating can even result in things like the Bretons.

Well that makes sense. I can imagine human and elves much like the way I see lions and tigers together, though I never see argonians and nords, or elves and khajit ever together. I am an Altmer in game, and I would love to have it with a khajiit. I guess ESO lacks romance options, where as swtor had quite alot for instance.

Update: I Am really not sure what to makes of orcs and imperials actually. I if I had to guess, the imps(swtor joke) are just about every human race melting pot of nords, redguards and bretons, while orcs I thought where some mix of elves and goblins, though I am really not sure.

Read lusty argonian maid and you will see nord and lizard "stuff"

that is how Orc's were created.
  • Reddkatz
    Reddkatz
    Reddkatz wrote: »
    Kierro wrote: »
    Personally I hate the "The child takes after the mother thing.", just like pokémon games. It's just a sad excuse to not creating new character model for hybrids. I have an altmer (halfbreed) alt for RP who father was Altmer and mother a Nord.

And the game contradicts itself too because there is that couple in Stonefalls - Nord husband and Dunmer wife, but all their kids are Nords... :/

adopted? from a previous relationship?

I think it's their own children, from what I remember in the dialogue from that quest.
    PC-NA
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah the whole child being the race of the mother really just kicks my OCD. lol Its the games lore and not arguing with it.

But halfbreeds would be an interesting mix. Half Altmer/Bosmer would rock ass!
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ones father was Redguard and as he would always be saying ... Once you go cat , you never go back .
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Malacath. Malacath is the proof. When there's literally a god-turned-Daedric-Prince backing up the story, it's probably legit.

hehe! I was meaning...no-one here has witnessed the Dawn Era. All this is matter of faith again

Who knows ? The daedra themselves, maybe, but can't them be decievers?

Supposedly "eaten and mutated", Trinimac is still a thing in himself nowadays... because he's praised in Orsinium and the prelates do get manifestations of aedric light. His link to Malacath in ESO seems a bit doubtful aside from the traditional stories we "learned".
    Even Mauloch seems a bit different during the quests of Valenwood, he could be a third god or a syncretism

Maybe I'm biased because of altmer in-character, maybe I'll upset the faithful who need "Absolute Truth in the lore", but this case really looks like a Dunmer propaganda to magnify Boethiah and mock the gods of dark elves' foes : Trinimac hero-ancestor of the Altmer, conquered, and Malacath god of the Orsimer, a poop.
  • Ebonslayer21
    I just skimmed the comments basically but this lore was established back in Skyrim I believe. Basically, humans and elves can mate with each other and themselves and if a human and elf mate the race is decided by the mother (e.g. if the mother is a Redguard and the father is Altmer, the baby will ultimately be a Redguard). Khajiit and Argonians are a mystery but more likely than not they can only successfully mate and reproduce with those of their own race.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ajaxandriel Proofs ? Where are the proooooofs ?

from this in-game book.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Father_Of_The_Niben

i just want to point out that it is ridiculous to ask for "proof" about something that is made up and can be changed at anytime per the creators (zos and Bethesdas) whim.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ajaxandriel Proofs ? Where are the proooooofs ?

from this in-game book.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Father_Of_The_Niben

i just want to point out that it is ridiculous to ask for "proof" about something that is made up and can be changed at anytime per the creators (zos and Bethesdas) whim.

hehe! I was meaning...no-one here has witnessed the Dawn Era. All this is matter of faith again

Who knows ? The daedra themselves, maybe, but can't them be decievers?

Supposedly "eaten and mutated", Trinimac is still a thing in himself nowadays... because he's praised in Orsinium and the prelates do get manifestations of aedric light. His link to Malacath in ESO seems a bit doubtful aside from the traditional stories we "learned".
    Even Mauloch seems a bit different during the quests of Valenwood, he could be a third god or a syncretism

Maybe I'm biased because of altmer in-character, maybe I'll upset the faithful who need "Absolute Truth in the lore", but this case really looks like a Dunmer propaganda to magnify Boethiah and mock the gods of dark elves' foes : Trinimac hero-ancestor of the Altmer, conquered, and Malacath god of the Orsimer, a poop.

• Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time an Argonian and an Elf hooked up we got one of these:

1355718775-0.jpg

Do we really want to go there again?
    Edited by Respect4Elders on April 6, 2018 9:27PM
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As stated above, interspecies romances are documented, and interbreeding occured between humans, between elves, and between humans x elfs (Bretons are indeed a proof)

Khajiit x elf seems legit to me (for I suspect the so-called Ohmes-raht form to be "in fact" a stable khajiit x mer hybrid population).
    Moreover, the khajiit are commonly stated as ehlnofey descendants, who would have been magically mutated from non-beast people, just the way peoples of today can become werewolves ... Khajiit are maybe a stable form of "weretiger" somehow. Maybe this can reach the myth if the person how performed this, was an ancient powerful ehlnofey called Azurah...

to me the khajiit creation seemed more like the way that orsimer and dunmer were created rather than a were-type thing. Weren't khajiit (previously some old type of mer) and dunmer (previously chimer) created by Azura, and orsimer (apparently previously also called orsimer but were followers of an aldmeri god) by Boethiah/Malacath?
    Edited by emilyhyoyeon on April 9, 2018 4:35PM
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I think from a logistical point of view, supporting half breeds would be difficult. Which racial bonuses would they have. Is the game engine even able to cope with blending two base body models.

Talking of offspring, the game is devoid of any children. Children existed in Skyrim but have been left out of ESO.

As regards lusty Argonian maids, I have to wonder why reptilian women have breasts when reptiles don't produce milk?
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carljokl wrote: »
    As regards lusty Argonian maids, I have to wonder why reptilian women have breasts when reptiles don't produce milk?
    For jiggling. The other reason is secondary, even in humans.
  • DragonKiller12348
    Khajiit are likewise believed to be a form of mer that was twisted by Azurrah and their whole species is twisted by the cycle of moons.

Or Hircine even... It could be a form of extremely stable Lycanthropy, which would probably be his doing. How would they know who cursed them for it was so long ago... Didn't khajiit hunt elven explorers back in the merethic era, which was very long ago? Who knows...

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carljokl wrote: »
    I think from a logistical point of view, supporting half breeds would be difficult. Which racial bonuses would they have. Is the game engine even able to cope with blending two base body models.

Talking of offspring, the game is devoid of any children. Children existed in Skyrim but have been left out of ESO.

Argonians are capable of mammalian-like live birth. Currently working so unable track down the lorebooks
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians are capable of mammalian-like live birth. Currently working so unable track down the lorebooks

That's a bit of a non-sequitur. Live birth is a mammalian characteristic, but not the defining one.

Several species of snakes do this, and are not mammals. Monotremes lay eggs.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You find interracial romances everywhere. One in Grahtwood sticks out for me, being a Female Khajiit with a Male Bosmer. He's so tiny compared to her it's cute. Plus I mean c'mon, a larger woman who's also fluffy? That has to be extremely comfortable on cold nights..
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I hate the "The child takes after the mother thing.", just like pokémon games. It's just a sad excuse to not creating new character model for hybrids. I have an altmer (halfbreed) alt for RP who father was Altmer and mother a Nord.

As for the question, yes there's many interspecies relationships;
    The stable master's daughter in Windhelm wants to sleep with the Argonian stable boy.
    There's a Dunmer woman who's husband is an Argonian born away from the Hist.
    There's a Dunmer woman banker(?) who has a female Khajiit merchant flirt with in Coldharbour.
    There's a male Khajiit in the giant tree in Grahtwood who's clan wants him to marry either an Altmer or Bosmer woman for alliance purposes.
    It's not ESO, plus she's not born yet, but read The Real Barenziah v4 (Morrowind game version is uncensored). Barenziah has graphic public-sex in a tavern, with a Khajiit who jokes about his ***.

There's many more.

We don't make the lore the TES team does. On Racial Phylogeny and the rigidity of racial lines in TES

I know, like I said it's a sad excuse to not create a new character model for human/orc human/elf half breeds. I had an Altmer before my HE/Nord who I made have darker skin. I made it that his mother was a Redguard but he still kept the elvish ears and body of his father.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As for the question, yes there's many interspecies relationships;
    The stable master's daughter in Windhelm wants to sleep with the Argonian stable boy.
    There's a Dunmer woman who's husband is an Argonian born away from the Hist.
    There's a Dunmer woman banker(?) who has a female Khajiit merchant flirt with in Coldharbour.
    There's a male Khajiit in the giant tree in Grahtwood who's clan wants him to marry either an Altmer or Bosmer woman for alliance purposes.
    It's not ESO, plus she's not born yet, but read The Real Barenziah v4 (Morrowind game version is uncensored). Barenziah has graphic public-sex in a tavern, with a Khajiit who jokes about his ***.

There's many more.

We don't make the lore the TES team does. On Racial Phylogeny and the rigidity of racial lines in TES

I know, like I said it's a sad excuse to not create a new character model for human/orc human/elf half breeds. I had an Altmer before my HE/Nord who I made have darker skin. I made it that his mother was a Redguard but he still kept the elvish ears and body of his father.

A "sad excuse" is pretty harsh since the developers do already have to do ten separate races, the beast ones of course needing special attention. And this isn't counting the models for all the NPC races. Having to make models for all the possible hybrids would be a lot of work.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!