The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Interspecies Romance and mating?

Casowen
Casowen
✭✭✭
Im just curious is there is anything on this in regards to The elder scrolls, or does everyone just sort of stick to their own species?
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There several interspecies couples in the games, some with evidence of mating. The general rule is any man or mer can interbreed and produce fertile offspring, which will generally be the race of the mother. Prolonged mating can even result in things like the Bretons.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Casowen
    Casowen
    ✭✭✭
    Froil wrote: »
    There several interspecies couples in the games, some with evidence of mating. The general rule is any man or mer can interbreed and produce fertile offspring, which will generally be the race of the mother. Prolonged mating can even result in things like the Bretons.

Well that makes sense. I can imagine human and elves much like the way I see lions and tigers together, though I never see argonians and nords, or elves and khajit ever together. I am an Altmer in game, and I would love to have it with a khajiit. I guess ESO lacks romance options, where as swtor had quite alot for instance.

Update: I Am really not sure what to makes of orcs and imperials actually. I if I had to guess, the imps(swtor joke) are just about every human race melting pot of nords, redguards and bretons, while orcs I thought where some mix of elves and goblins, though I am really not sure.
    Edited by Casowen on March 27, 2018 5:03AM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Casowen wrote: »

Well that makes sense. I can imagine human and elves much like the way I see lions and tigers together, though I never see argonians and nords, or elves and khajit ever together. I am an Altmer in game, and I would love to have it with a khajiit. I guess ESO lacks romance options, where as swtor had quite alot for instance.

Update: I Am really not sure what to makes of orcs and imperials actually. I if I had to guess, the imps(swtor joke) are just about every human race melting pot of nords, redguards and bretons, while orcs I thought where some mix of elves and goblins, though I am really not sure.

Read lusty argonian maid and you will see nord and lizard "stuff"
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Casowen orcs were created when the Daedric Prince Boethiah defeated the Aldmeri god Trinimac, transforming him into Malacath and his faithful, the Orsimer, into Orcs. Not the result of interbreeding. Most races are created like this, from intervention of deities. With the aforementioned bretons being the only "half-breeds" in the lore.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is one Dunmer/Khajiit romance in the Thieves Guild storyline, and in Wrothgar there is an Argonian who does it with pretty much everyone.

Everyone’s favorite cultural Ambassador, Rigurt the Nord, also has a crush on an Orc.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Velsa and Nahrani. Just saying.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Racial Philogeny book has the answers you want.

Book_Restoration.png
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im just curious is there is anything on this in regards to The elder scrolls, or does everyone just sort of stick to their own species?

true, we need hybrids! ;)
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember in the Capitol of Greenshade there also is a romance between a Altmer and a Bosmer.
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a lusty Argonian Alchemist in Wrothgar... if you do the quest you get all the gossip!
    <3
    also I remember a lovely Nord-Dunmer family you help at one point.
    & there's an adorable budding zenophilic romance between a Khajiit & a Dunmer in Coldharbor.
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are tons of Khaajit + elf/human relationships. There is the bosmer chef and his khajiit crush in the Clockwork City outlaws refuge. There is also a bosmer and khajiit couple in one of the AD jungle zones. I can't remember if they even mentioned having a kid (not sure how that could work).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on March 27, 2018 9:44AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at that adorable Khajgonian. His fur patches almost match the hues of the scaly spots :lol:
  • Zeni0s
    Zeni0s
    ✭✭
    I'm still waiting for the Lusty argonian's maid Collectors Edition. o:)
    Edited by Zeni0s on March 27, 2018 11:48AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeni0s wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for the Lusty argonian's maid Collectors Edition. o:)

Illustrated :innocent:
  • Casowen
    Casowen
    ✭✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    There's a lusty Argonian Alchemist in Wrothgar... if you do the quest you get all the gossip!
    <3
    also I remember a lovely Nord-Dunmer family you help at one point.
    & there's an adorable budding zenophilic romance between a Khajiit & a Dunmer in Coldharbor.

oh god, I just saw alot of fan fiction for that one.
  • Casowen
    Casowen
    ✭✭✭
    There are tons of Khaajit + elf/human relationships. There is the bosmer chef and his khajiit crush in the Clockwork City outlaws refuge. There is also a bosmer and khajiit couple in one of the AD jungle zones. I can't remember if they even mentioned having a kid (not sure how that could work).
    [/quote]

I would love to know how that works.
    Edited by Casowen on March 27, 2018 5:40PM
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relationships? Sure. Limits on attraction are not the same as our world. But having a Khajiit Altmer relationship would be looked at by other Altmer more harshly that interracial relationships in the 50s in the South. Just something to remember
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a quest in Greenshade where this Argonian male coerces an elf female to be "his".
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is an absolutely sickening practice. Dunmer should never dilute their pure blood.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    game-character-customization.gif
    Edited by MisterBigglesworth on March 28, 2018 3:19AM
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relationships? Sure. Limits on attraction are not the same as our world. But having a Khajiit Altmer relationship would be looked at by other Altmer more harshly that interracial relationships in the 50s in the South. Just something to remember

And the North :tongue:

The North was still very much racist until the Civil Rights Movement; abolitionism was only popular earlier because slavery wasn’t an economic necessity as it was in the South. This allowed room for moral questions regarding the practice.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • Casowen
    Casowen
    ✭✭✭
    It is an absolutely sickening practice. Dunmer should never dilute their pure blood.

Im very much pro dunmer, though more the vivec sense. If there is any aboriginal justifcation for the hubris, it didnt come from the gods.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If there was some bosmer with the looks of Alli Rae I wouldn´t mind diluting a bit of blood ;)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have a single recorded instance of an Argonian producing offspring outside of their race; her husband was an Altmer.
    Update: I Am really not sure what to makes of orcs and imperials actually. I if I had to guess, the imps(swtor joke) are just about every human race melting pot of nords, redguards and bretons

Imperials are descended from Nedic slaves who overthrew their Ayleid masters and the Redguards didn't invade until about 500 years after that, so not so much the Redguards.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I hate the "The child takes after the mother thing.", just like pokémon games. It's just a sad excuse to not creating new character model for hybrids. I have an altmer (halfbreed) alt for RP who father was Altmer and mother a Nord.

As for the question, yes there's many interspecies relationships;
    The stable master's daughter in Windhelm wants to sleep with the Argonian stable boy.
    There's a Dunmer woman who's husband is an Argonian born away from the Hist.
    There's a Dunmer woman banker(?) who has a female Khajiit merchant flirt with in Coldharbour.
    There's a male Khajiit in the giant tree in Grahtwood who's clan wants him to marry either an Altmer or Bosmer woman for alliance purposes.
    It's not ESO, plus she's not born yet, but read The Real Barenziah v4 (Morrowind game version is uncensored). Barenziah has graphic public-sex in a tavern, with a Khajiit who jokes about his pe nis.

There's many more.
    Edited by Kierro on April 15, 2018 1:18AM
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kierro wrote: »
    Personally I hate the "The child takes after the mother thing.", just like pokémon games. It's just a sad excuse to not creating new character model for hybrids. I have an altmer (halfbreed) alt for RP who father was Altmer and mother a Nord.

As for the question, yes there's many interspecies relationships;
    The stable master's daughter in Windhelm wants to sleep with the Argonian stable boy.
    There's a Dunmer woman who's husband is an Argonian born away from the Hist.
    There's a Dunmer woman banker(?) who has a female Khajiit merchant flirt with in Coldharbour.
    There's a male Khajiit in the giant tree in Grahtwood who's clan wants him to marry either an Altmer or Bosmer woman for alliance purposes.
    It's not ESO, plus she's not born yet, but read The Real Barenziah v4 (Morrowind game version is uncensored). Barenziah has graphic public-sex in a tavern, with a Khajiit who jokes about his ***.

There's many more.

We don't make the lore the TES team does. On Racial Phylogeny and the rigidity of racial lines in TES
  • Reddkatz
    Reddkatz

And the game contradicts itself too because there is that couple in Stonefalls - Nord husband and Dunmer wife, but all their kids are Nords... :/

PC-NA
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    *Read Racial Phylogeny guys. elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Notes_on_Racial_Phylogeny

It is an in game book and while it is not overly scientific it does share general knowledge of the world and beliefs in the world held by the scientists (Read: Mages).

*On the matter of Argonians mating with anything other than Argonians: Yucky. I say this as a huge fan of Argonians too. On the matter of Khajiit mating with non Khajiit: Yucky. (Although there are breeds of elf-like Khajiit which make this less yucky).

*Imperials are a mix of all human races which included Akaviri and Kothringi along with the aforementioned Nords, Bretons, & Redguards.

*Orcs are not a mix of elves and goblins and they'd probably hatchet people in the face for saying so. Orcs are the result of their progenitor-god Trinimac being gobbled up and defecated after a war he led against Boethiah and her Velothi servants. Its not entirely clear what went down in the dawn era but all that is known is that the followers of Trinimac fought with the followers of St. Veloth and Trinimac fell. After this his race of Aldmer was cursed into the form you see today. It is interesting to note that Orcs are not the only twisted race. Dunmer were once the gold skinned people you see in Summerset. It wasn't until they abandoned Azura that she cursed them with red eyes and dark skin (and possibly shorter height) to show their dark hearts on the surface. Khajiit are likewise believed to be a form of mer that was twisted by Azurrah and their whole species is twisted by the cycle of moons. I have other theories about what the writers intend by creatures such as Goblins, Ogres, Giants, Rieklings but I don't want to throw out my narrative guesses there. I'll simply hint that I think the Falmer/Snow elves are a case study in this.

US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reddkatz wrote: »

And the game contradicts itself too because there is that couple in Stonefalls - Nord husband and Dunmer wife, but all their kids are Nords... :/

This one comes up a lot in discussions like this. Given that the couple got married after the Akaviri war (which ended 10 years ago) and the sons are all adults, it's likely that the sons are from an earlier marriage (presumably with a fellow Nord).
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reddkatz wrote: »

adopted? from a previous relationship?