Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ESO and Virtual Reality ?

DaveTum
DaveTum
Hi,
After the release of Elder Scrolls Skyrim VR on steam this week, I was wondering if there’s any news on whether ESO will also get a conversation to VR ?
I’ve been playing Skyrim VR last couple of days, and it’s incredible. The world is amazing, and feels very real.
I could imagine ESO with a simlar world to Skyrim VR, would be the best ever MMO. Could be the start of the future in MMOs.

Hopefully this is something the devs have already thought about.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fallout 4vr is pretty cool too.

but they are single player offline.
    Edited by jedtb16_ESO on April 7, 2018 7:59PM
    Options
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    believe me...you don't want to experience esoVR...its just impossible to make it a great experience...and to grasp a bit about that...try playing in 1st person :D
    Options
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually set this up with trinus VR and my s7. It works ok, but VR makes the already unbearable resolution of an MMO worse.

The motion does well, but I play with a controller so I can't say mouse and keyboard are any good.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
    Options
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm atm pretty much settled for 60 FPS in trials tbh. Even my imagination can't find a place where ESO VR runs smoothly.
    PC|EU
    Options
  • SRTtoZ
    SRTtoZ
    ✭✭✭
    No chance. You need to run at super high framerates and this game does not really like to play well with framerates especially on super high systems.
    Options
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play ESO on my 55 inch 3d TV looks amazing
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sure hope ESO doesn't go VR unless it's optional because I find it very difficult to play a game when I'm puking. :/

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
    Options
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    believe me...you don't want to experience esoVR...its just impossible to make it a great experience...and to grasp a bit about that...try playing in 1st person :D

i only play in 1st person.... it's great.
    Options
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sure hope ESO doesn't go VR unless it's optional because I find it very difficult to play a game when I'm puking. :/

it's possible to have both options available. elite frontier does it.
    Options
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

it's possible to have both options available. elite frontier does it.

That's good to hear. I'd be unable to play if it went only to VR and that would make me grumpy.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'd rather they design a new game from the ground up for VR. If they can pull it off then great of course.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • DaveTum
    DaveTum
    If you don’t think it can work, try looking at Skyrim VR.
    Nothing wrong with first person, and nothing wrong with frame rates, the graphics are amazing, and run smooth.
    It’s just incredible.
    Like you say, only problem is it’s single player.

But an ESO port to VR, would be just WOW!
    Edited by DaveTum on April 7, 2018 8:44PM
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    confused24.gif

I've been playing ESO in 3D since launch using my nvidia 3D-Vision setup and the game looks stunning in 3D, especially some of the larger dungeons.
    w00t.gif
    Options
  • RobDaCool
    RobDaCool
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't try PVP in VR :wink:
    PS4 NA -RobdacoolV2
    Options
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SirAndy yes my bad i should had been more specific...casual player will enjoy it but if you go pvp or doing endgame pve...gl with that unless you tell me you would play 1st person on idk rakkhat hm and such...
    Options
  • DaveTum
    DaveTum
    Why do players whose has obviously never tried VR actually make any comments?
    I wouldn’t try PvP in VR! Really? Try it! It’s amaxing. 2D gaming is coming to an end when VR becomes cheaper.
    The only problem with VR at the moment is the price Other than that, it’s the best you can get in gaming.
    Yes ESO in VR would be amazing. Try watching some Skyrim VR (pc) videos. Even they don’t give it any justice though.
    If you’ve never tried VR there is no point in posting. You have no idea.
    Edited by DaveTum on April 7, 2018 11:34PM
    Options
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But if I play in 1st person, how can I admire my character's ass.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
    Options
  • DrJoeFunk
    DrJoeFunk
    Soul Shriven
    I don't see the problem, they could release a second version for VR like they did with skyrim. Seperate servers and noone has a reason to complain anymore....

I would definitly play that game!
    Options
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    people comparing skyrim with ESO...im too lazy to put a meme here...so il just say it...go back to skyrim, milk drinkers.
    Options
  • DrJoeFunk
    DrJoeFunk
    Soul Shriven
    Noone is comparing skyrim with ESO... People are just pointing out that there is a feature in Skyrim that they would like to see in ESO!
    Options
  • Auros
    Auros
    ✭✭✭
    RIP my eyes, I am against it (if it is going to be the only way to be able to play it...) severe headaches etc.
    Options
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already get motion sickness from first person, VR would be pushing it a little too far.
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    PC NA 400+ CP
    nerf ping please
    Options
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already get motion sickness from first person, VR would be pushing it a little too far.

I had the same problem. Also skyrim VR gave me slight motion sickness too!
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

Options
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running a bomb group in VR would be a great way to get a stroke. Imagine the motion sickness you get from that lagfest.
    Edited by MalakithAlamahdi on April 9, 2018 9:28AM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While I agree that people would find it harder to play in VR, it would look awesome. Link it with voice commands, motion detection, and have the character actions and camera move with you, and things could get interesting.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    watching Loading screens on VR?!?!?! where do i sign up?!?!
    Options
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i played wow in 3d, for like a week. it wasnt that good to play but looked fantastic. i imagine thats what vr eso would be like
    Options
  • DaveTum
    DaveTum
    VR is nothing like 3D.
    Really you need to go and try a VR headset.
    Skyrim VR on the Vive is absolutely awesome. The only thing is it’s single player.
    The world feels so real.
    Options
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DaveTum wrote: »
    VR is nothing like 3D.
    Really you need to go and try a VR headset.
    Skyrim VR on the Vive is absolutely awesome. The only thing is it’s single player.
    The world feels so real.

^this

same for fallout 4... a whole different experience.
    Options
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a terrible idea. How could you even play? you would be dying so easily because you can't tell what is going on around you. This is an intensive field of view game. I would imagine you could just walk around casually but to do anything else other than that is just suicide.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.