Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Question for Wardens.

King_Kaboodles
So I am making a return to the game and creating a Magicka Warden. I like the nature aspect of the class. My question is will I be able/viable to participate in all the content the game offers? I keep reading about how Mag Wardens arent viable in some end game content like Vet Raids etc. Thank you for your response in advance.

Best Answer

• Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely viable, it just depends on what build you want to run. I know, for example, magicka Warden tanks don't tend to do as well as stamina or hybrid Warden tanks, but magicka Warden healers are majestic druidic badasses. Any build can be good, it's just a matter of, generally, what is easier to make or follows the meta. But there are definitely magicka Wardens out there that are plenty good and completely viable.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
    Answer ✓
  • JackSmirkingRevenge
    Really anything but a score run you can do. Next patch, as of now, they are also taking quite a hit to pvp
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep most stuff already said, at the moment magicka wardens are the worst class for dps in pve, but are second in place as healers ad tanks (tank rather would be a stamina warden, if we look at the ressouces). in pvp they can be pretty stong with their burst combo, also can have huge shields thanks to necropotence. but as said, they will be hut hard by class changes regarding pvp, since they lose the stun in the deep fissure morph, which was pretty strong.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The warden does lag behind in terms of raw dps but with combos like harness magic and leeching vines you can build them to be almost indestructible and still kick out 20k aoe, it’s a compromise, I still do the odd vet trial and for players that haven’t done them before it’s a good choice simply because with shields up nothing short of a 40k one shot will kill them

A 60k health warden tank is like part of the landscape, those buggers can shrug of dam near anything :D
    Edited by Integral1900 on April 6, 2018 9:50PM
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    It's definitely viable, it just depends on what build you want to run. I know, for example, magicka Warden tanks don't tend to do as well as stamina or hybrid Warden tanks, but magicka Warden healers are majestic druidic badasses. Any build can be good, it's just a matter of, generally, what is easier to make or follows the meta. But there are definitely magicka Wardens out there that are plenty good and completely viable.

I'm sorry to say, that WARDEN HEALERS are not the best. I'm afraid that is still
    Checkmath wrote: »
    yep most stuff already said, at the moment magicka wardens are the worst class for dps in pve, but are second in place as healers ad tanks (tank rather would be a stamina warden, if we look at the ressouces). in pvp they can be pretty stong with their burst combo, also can have huge shields thanks to necropotence. but as said, they will be hut hard by class changes regarding pvp, since they lose the stun in the deep fissure morph, which was pretty strong.

Even the STAMDEN loses the BREACH in the upcoming patch... very disappointed in yer another nerf to an already ***-hum class I'd really like to be better... at something. :(
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    major breach on warden is in most cases a redundant debuff anyway. in pve it should be provided by tanks and healers, only for pvp groupplay it matters if a stamden can provide major breach, so his magicka friends can dish out some more damage.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »

I'm sorry to say, that WARDEN HEALERS are not the best. I'm afraid that is still
    Checkmath wrote: »

Even the STAMDEN loses the BREACH in the upcoming patch... very disappointed in yer another nerf to an already ***-hum class I'd really like to be better... at something. :(

While not the best, Warden healers are still pretty darn good and can do things other healers cannot, or cannot do as well, at least. And while not the best, I would still say they're definitely at least in the viable category. And tanking as a whole is getting a big rebalance in the next patch - Wardens right now are about in second place (stamdens), but next patch I wholly expect all classes to get some tanking converts
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.