Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you No Death CoH2

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I need CoH2 no death for voidstone violet color and someone always dies at the boss that pull you all in. Is there some trick to this?
  • Rair.Kitani
    Rair.Kitani
    ✭✭✭
    A trick is not really required, just position your group in four directions around the boss and dodge right. Nevertheless you can do the boss with only 2 persons, leaving much more empty space in the "arena". Works well with magblade and tank. The other two should stay at the very other end at the wall of the room.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all roll out of the center so that no two circles overlap.
  • crobarXIII
    crobarXIII
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone dodge rolls in a different direction & hope rng doesn't block your escape route. I always rotate my camera to look at the direction I'm going to roll. Also, it helps if you're in a group that knows what they're doing & to be on mic to let someone know if your going to roll in their direction.
    PS4-NA-1000+cp
    Nightblade-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Nightblade-Argonian-Tank : Dragonknight-Imperial-Tank : Dragonknight-Darkelf-Magicka Dps
    Sorcerer-Khajiit-Stamina Dps : Sorcerer-Highelf-Magicka Dps : Templar-Redguard-Stamina Dps : Templar-Highelf-Magicka Dps
    Warden-Imperial-Tank : Warden-Highelf-Magicka Dps
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leave tank out of the group far ways that he is not agro. You have one extra spacing.
    All 3 players have ultimate up. You should only need one roll back .
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    When you get pulled in and raised in the air, you receive a red circle under you that grows. When you get released, you must roll-dodge backwards. Just before you get released, you will notice that more red circles start growing on the outside of the circle. It's an instant death when you rolldodge into one of those circles on the outside.
    Your own circle does like 5k damage, not a lot, but the outer circles are far more deadly. So the tip I will give, when you get released and rolldodge backwards, take good care not to roll in another circle.
    So during this fight, it's important that the 4 teammembers divide themselves to like 12 o' clock / 3 o' clock / 6 o' clock and 9 o' clock where the boss stands in the middle. Dividing yourselves prevents you from rolling to the same spot and killing eachother.
    Hope this helps:)
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is also a cheesy way. There is a statue on the other side from the boss (where you enter the room). Leave one DD and healer behind it and continue to deal with the boss with only two people. That way dodging the explosion is much easier. And the two people hiding will not be pulled in by the boss.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks. I’m all about cheesing it at this point. It’s not a particularly tough dungeon, but this one part keeps screwing me up.

• karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like to do this generally:
    --P
    PXP
    --p

Boss in mid players surround. Healer just heals through fire <That actaully is the thing that freaks people out the most and gets them to move. Then get pulled -> Turn camera facing down -> Dodge to free space. Generally you won't overlap. A good way to tell is the little arrows in the circle. Everyone be where its pointing.

People *have* to not freak out and move around though.
    Edited by karekiz on April 9, 2018 2:38PM
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No dodge rolling needed; it does nothing and might get someone killed.

Just sprint away from boss and don't overlap any red circles.
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont cheese it...its like exploiting
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think people here have given you good advice already. It’s all about positioning. When he pulls you in, as soon as you can roll backwards and make sure the AOE that is surrounding you doesn’t overlap with either your teammates or the AOEs that appear on the ground.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Cheese =/= exploiting. Doing it with less people to make it easier is not exploiting, if it was then doing 2 people instead of 3 in backroom might be considered exploit in Maw at Rakkath.

That said, communication and coordination makes this boss a push over, and of course you could also burn her and never get pulled in in the first place.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cheese =/= exploiting. Doing it with less people to make it easier is not exploiting, if it was then doing 2 people instead of 3 in backroom might be considered exploit in Maw at Rakkath.

That said, communication and coordination makes this boss a push over, and of course you could also burn her and never get pulled in in the first place.
    I think there is a fine line when it comes to the dungeon boss mechanics. If it's not an intended thing which you're making use off it's technically an exploit.

ZOS never punishes or fast patches for such things though so the cheese mechanics become standard and abuse until fixed.
    Kena + Shards
    Mazzatan skip
    Scalecaller Peak - Giant boss at entrance.

It's sad that such bugs become the common tactic but that's kind of the rule of ESO now, abuse the bugs for easier/cheese fights.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its funny people laugh when I tell them I need a no death CoH. Like. How is this holding you back? That should be so easy. Here I am though. Still can’t get it done. Fml
  • Sjizzle
    Sjizzle
    ✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I need CoH2 no death for voidstone violet color and someone always dies at the boss that pull you all in. Is there some trick to this?

easy way go for that boss with 3 player 2dds and 1 healer let the tank to stay away from the room
    and with 3 players it's easy ....
    u don't need tank for that boss !
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A trick is not really required, just position your group in four directions around the boss and dodge right. Nevertheless you can do the boss with only 2 persons, leaving much more empty space in the "arena". Works well with magblade and tank. The other two should stay at the very other end at the wall of the room.

^^^^^ This, above.

Do not get hit by two circles after being pulled in. With communication this is easy.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duplicate post.
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on April 12, 2018 7:22AM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Triplicate post.... Forum lag? wow
    Edited by Maura_Neysa on April 12, 2018 7:23AM
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After you get pulled in, you have a delay of about 1-2 seconds to decide where you want to dodge. In that time window you can watch where the AoE's on the outside are spawning so you just dodge to where they are not, but keep the general direction that was assigned to you (north, east, south or west). If you do that, no one should die. Dodging too soon is what gets people killed.
    Edited by Koensol on April 12, 2018 8:46AM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. You achieve the no-death achievement by having no deaths during the run.

2. Play with experienced players.

:)
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

I think there is a fine line when it comes to the dungeon boss mechanics. If it's not an intended thing which you're making use off it's technically an exploit.

ZOS never punishes or fast patches for such things though so the cheese mechanics become standard and abuse until fixed.
    Kena + Shards
    Mazzatan skip

It's sad that such bugs become the common tactic but that's kind of the rule of ESO now, abuse the bugs for easier/cheese fights.
    @Turelus Did you know that on every single fight in the game that you can start it or do it without the required number of players needed?

Fascinating.
    #MOREORBS
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    I actually need this achievement too, for the dye. I have every other no death in the game, so this is the last one. I also have full veteran raid completion.

Ergo, CoH2 no death is the hardest in the game.
    eisley the worst
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

Kena + Shards
    Mazzatan skip

Turelus Did you know that on every single fight in the game that you can start it or do it without the required number of players needed?

Fascinating.
    Yes I did. However starting the fight with players there then moving to specific areas of terrain to avoid the boss activating intended mechanics clearly isn't what was designed.
    The ESO community has been finding these things and abusing them since launch, it's why they're such grey areas on what's a legal use mechanic and what's an exploit. ZOS' slow speed in addressing any of them has just reinforced players that it's fine to do such things.

There are some in the community who learn these tricks and abuse them for a long time without informing ZOS. PvE and PvP alike.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »

Kena + Shards
    Mazzatan skip

Turelus Did you know that on every single fight in the game that you can start it or do it without the required number of players needed?

Fascinating.
    Yes I did. However starting the fight with players there then moving to specific areas of terrain to avoid the boss activating intended mechanics clearly isn't what was designed.
    The ESO community has been finding these things and abusing them since launch, it's why they're such grey areas on what's a legal use mechanic and what's an exploit. ZOS' slow speed in addressing any of them has just reinforced players that it's fine to do such things.

There are some in the community who learn these tricks and abuse them for a long time without informing ZOS. PvE and PvP alike.
    You don't need to stand anywhere special, you can just flat out not move forward and engage the boss if you want to do it with fewer people.

Did you know you can also bring in 3 DD's and kill the boss before this mechanic even happens, is that an exploit too cause you're skipping mechanics in the fight

There's no way this constitutes as an exploit, it's just people engaging a boss with fewer people, you can do this everywhere in the game.
    #MOREORBS
  • qwyksylver
    qwyksylver
    ✭✭
    2 DD's and a healer spread in a triangle is the way to do this, send your tank WAAAYYY back behind where fight starts and 2 DD's and healer engage as normal, you have all the room in the world to dodge red and don't lose out on any damage
    Kazim Udar - CP 750 Nightblade PC/NA vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF - vAS - vCR+2
  • ByronicAero
    ByronicAero
    Soul Shriven
    Just have one person stay in middle. And other 3 player roll out.
  • Camb0Sl1ce
    Camb0Sl1ce
    ✭✭✭
    I can't speak for pc but on console, when I'm pulled by the boss I just turn my screen around in 180 and roll dodge where there isn't aoe. Also as far as one person said, in vaa for example with the pull before the storm atro boss we send one person ahead to make him spawn faster for score runs, I wouldn't consider that an exploit? I consider an exploit as having an unfair advantage. Like the maw glitch for example, not finding clever ways to achieve certain goals. The devs made the content and their a lot of different ways you can approach different encounters.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still can’t get it done. It’s hard to get the right group. Even generally decent players seem to have mindblock here. I’m gonna have to pay someone....
    Edited by kylewwefan on April 24, 2018 4:08PM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Still can’t get it done. It’s hard to get the right group. Even generally decent players seem to have mindblock here. I’m gonna have to pay someone....
    It is literally so easy. I will say it again. DON'T dodge too early. Wait till you see the the AoE's emerge on the outside and then dodge to where they are not. You have like 2 seconds to decide. That is all there is to it, as long as people are dodging in the general direction they were assigned.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got it done last night. Here’s the trick I was looking for! One DPS and the tank stay way way far outside the entrance like the beginning of the hall.

2 people go in nuke her down. She doesn’t move. Her regular attacks barely tickle. It’s so much easier to not have to dodge 4 people’s circle.

The voidstone violet color unlocked looks fantastic!