The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bugged Quests - Same as in beta?

dahak777
dahak777
I just had a thought when I ran into an other bugged quest.
this time "The brothers will Rise"

Those of you who experienced bugged quests I have two questions

1) where you in the beta/beta weekends?
2) if so where the quests that are bugged for you now the same as then?

For my self the following have been the same

Crow's wood
Restoring the Guardians
Death of Balgreth
The Brothers will Rise.

Just thought that there might be some link between the beta users and these current bugged quests
Edited by dahak777 on March 31, 2014 7:09PM
  • fled
    fled
    Hey,

I'm currently at two of those quests, which both aren't working.
    I have been in the beta's, didn't do any of these quests tho.

1) Restoring the guardians - Summon and defeat Ragebinder/Blaze
    Both summons not working for 2-3 hours now.
    2) The Brothers Will Rise - Collect the essence of Fire/Wrath from the acolytes
    Can't talk/collect.

I have tried to reloadUI, and reconnect. That didn't solve the problem(s)

Awaiting reply from someone who can guide us through the problem :)
    Dark Elf Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    Options
  • Micconos
    Micconos
    I've the same problem (The Brothers Will Rise)

I can't talk/access the acolytes the Essence of Fire/Wrath.
    Options
  • ajguy711b14_ESO
    Ditto for Restoring the Guardians. I really would have hoped/expected this issue to be fixed after the betas. A lot of quests have this problem.
    Options
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea. I hope all those guys who were pointing at the 'all fixed now' claims in the patch notes and yelling at people to shut up remember this the next time. Assassins crates in daggerfall. same old story. relogging and reloading no help at all. Yes. Fixed.
    Options
  • Reis
    Reis
    Soul Shriven
    Defeating Balreth for me is bugged. The guardians were bugged in the beta multiple sessions,but were alright for me this time.
    Options
  • Childeric
    Childeric
    ✭✭✭
    All the quest bug are always of the same kind:
    • A mob is not respawning
    • An object is not respawning
    • An object is not acting as intented.

This can take various aspects, but generally it's a door not opening, a rock wall not exploding, a cup not being clickable... And generally, logout then back in can solve the issue, after a few times trying.

So it seems to be the instance/phase reset not working as intended... Which is boring is when the servers are just started, all is going fine and after a few hours running issues are starting to arise.

Can we have some information on any planned action on this bug as it was there since at least two betas... And it's really really boring and killing the interest of the game... especially when it's your main quest that's stuck... Or your mage guild one...

Zenimax, a statement on this please.
    Edited by Childeric on March 31, 2014 8:40PM
    Options
  • fled
    fled
    Tried the 2 stated ones again, but can't continue in the progress yet.
    Dark Elf Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    Options
  • Daggers
    Daggers
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, Guardians bugged, Crows Wood bugged. Is this what happens when you use a crappy $99/year 3rd party MMO engine instead of building your own? (jk btw... partially -- it's the same engine behind ESO and SWTOR)
    Edited by Daggers on April 1, 2014 10:27AM
    The best things in life make you sweaty.
    -Poe
    Options
  • Nortman
    Nortman
    Soul Shriven
    I think Zenimax should say something, maybe give second free month.
    Options
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nortman wrote: »
    I think Zenimax should say something, maybe give second free month.

I just want them to fix it and not just write 'we fixed it' in each new set of patch notes.

Said at the time it was unwise to turn the live (and paid for) Early Access into another round of beta testing.

Now I love this game and will be subscribing but not everyone is a long time ESO fan willing to pay and hope.

Not to mention it's going to affect reviews. You can't really go on Amazon and Meta-critic and say this is a 10/10 game yet and that's what I want to be able to do in good faith.

Options
  • Morphian
    Morphian
    Soul Shriven
    Bloodthorn Assassins - also bugged.
    Options
  • Raapnaap
    Raapnaap
    ✭✭
    All quests in the west part of Stonefalls seem to work, the east part of the map is a hellish (lava and scamps included) buggy mess and frustrating experience.

The next zone is hit and miss also, it seems. I've already encountered one bugged quest there as well in the Orc stronghold (south-west corner of the map), the one where you have to summon a Necromancer NPC by interacting with a non-existing skull object (prior to this stage you have to camp an incredibly slow respawning cauldron to loot 6 skulls, that easily takes 20 minutes... If you're lucky, so if you're reading this, skip that quest for now, you get no reward for your efforts).
    Edited by Raapnaap on April 1, 2014 12:30PM
    Options
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think Balreth and Brothers will rise was bugged in beta? I completed them both then... Had trouble in the last beta With rescuing Survivors from deadra spider-like thingies.. And the Anchors from the Harbour quest (no daedra showed up)
    Options
  • PandorasSocks
    Daggers wrote: »
    Yep, Guardians bugged, Crows Wood bugged. Is this what happens when you use a crappy $99/year 3rd party MMO engine instead of building your own? (jk btw... partially -- it's the same engine behind ESO and SWTOR)

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/05/25/why-the-elder-scrolls-online-isn-39-t-using-heroengine.aspx - Not quite.
    Options
  • wounded_graywolf
    These are the exact same bugs that were in the beta for months. It has something to do with the way their system phases content -- and some quests seem more prone to it than others. If you're one of the first people to these quests, they work, but everyone else who follows you finds it bugged because something doesn't reset properly. The login/logout fix is hit or miss again because of something about the instancing/phasing.

The sad thing is, they could have worked with much more of the beta community prior to launch to test their "fixes" -- the bugs tend to crop up most when large numbers of people are doing the quests.

The good news is, far fewer of the quests are bugged this way than they were in the last beta weekend (that was a weekend in pure quest-completion frustration).
    Ebonheart Pact
    Member, Order of the Silver Dragons
    Options
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found in BETA that the rise of the guardians was bugged and so did a lot of people. What amazes me is it's broken in live after it was flagged, nothing has been done about it, no messages or notes, and customer service is terrible. Also you can't even skip it because they send you back to Ash mountain in the next zone.
    Options
  • scabrous_ftz
    scabrous_ftz
    ✭✭
    I'm playing on Daggerfall alliance and in the last beta, I had over a dozen quests that could not be completed. I was quite happy to finish all of those during early access. But I have been hearing zone chat that some quests have become bugged since I completed them. I also ran into one new bugged quest in Glenumbra.
    Options
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    The crates for bloodthorn assassins have been bugged the past 2 days for me. And the lady stone outside daggerfall can't be interacted with.

Both of which I bugged in beta.
    Edited by Seraseth on April 1, 2014 1:09PM
    Options
  • scabrous_ftz
    scabrous_ftz
    ✭✭
    I managed to do Bloodthorn Assassins on Sunday. Too bad it bugged out again. I forgot about the Lady Stone. Was bugged for me as well.
    Options
  • Keygrim
    Keygrim
    ✭✭
    Its really hard to understand why these things have not been fixed yet. Also, no GM will show up and reset whatever needs be in order to allow players to continue quests. Yes, there might be a lot of people requiring assistance, but honestly, the number of players having early access should have been known.

Not only do those bugging quests break immersion and you're completely left off to do something else if available, no, you also do not get any reply. So why again is it called early access and not "another beta"? Seriously this is getting somewhat frustrating - because logging in and out doesn't even help for every bugged quest there is.
    Options