The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Get Creative with the ESO Daedric Dress Up Contest"

• molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the theme is a Daedric Prince, and a prince by definition is always male, then female characters are excluded ?
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    molecule wrote: »
    As the theme is a Daedric Prince, and a prince by definition is always male, then female characters are excluded ?

Daedra are genderless.

Tamriel has just, over time, used the collective masculine-leaning nouns Lords or Princes to describe the entire group of them.

Though the word origin of Prince is Princeps, typically meaning "first in time or order".
    signing off
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about us SEA players :'( We can't join..
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

Daedra are genderless.

Tamriel has just, over time, used the collective masculine-leaning nouns Lords or Princes to describe the entire group of them.

Though the word origin of Prince is Princeps, typically meaning "first in time or order".

Thank you, i am enlightened
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

Daedra are genderless.

To add to that, many Daedric Princes traditionally appear in feminine form: Azura, Meridia, Nocturnal, Vaermina, Namira. Mephala and Boethiah are usually depicted as female and male respectively, but occasionally appear as the other gender. And Herma-Mora is some sort of a floating eye tentacle monster, so I don't know how to interpret that. :P

In short, gender doesn't matter much. Especially in this contest, whose theme are looks inspired by Daedric Princes, not necessarily faithful recreations. You could create a female follower of Molag Bal and it would be perfectly fine.
    Edited by Rosveen on March 16, 2018 9:51PM
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do all players in a group shot have to wear an outfit?
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno i just submitted my entry, but then I was able to get a better quality image with better resolution. Is it possible to change a submission?
    NA PS4
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

When do we know winners?

Also what happens if we win more then one section? Cause I believe I got strong chance at group and duo or solo.

P.S
    Resumbitted more then once, but only have latest sumbmission counting.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who have already submitted, are we only able to submit one screenshot?

If only one is allowed per submission, can we have someone else involved within the screenshot submit a different view through their own separate submission?
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    For those who have already submitted, are we only able to submit one screenshot?

If only one is allowed per submission, can we have someone else involved within the screenshot submit a different view through their own separate submission?

You can submit one screenshot per category (solo, duo or group). If you resubmit in a category, only the last submitted screenshot counts.

I'd assume if someone else submits under your name, it counts as resubmitting. If they submit under their name, from a different view, it is their submission and only they can win with that submission.
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

When do we know winners?

Also what happens if we win more then one section? Cause I believe I got strong chance at group and duo or solo.

P.S
    Resumbitted more then once, but only have latest sumbmission counting.

The official article states that the winners will be announced by April 3rd.
  • Shadowdream
    Shadowdream
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, quick question!
    My hubby and I are doing duos. One I picked, and one he picked. Can we each submit duos, or can we only submit one duo. I hope that's clear enough. Basically we came up with a Hircine pairing and submitted it, and we also did an Azura pairing, but I have not submitted it yet, because I don't want to get disqualified for two submissions.
    Thanks!
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume the email you use for your submission does not have to match the email you use for your ESO account, as long as it's a valid email. If I assumed incorrectly please let me know so that I can resubmit with the email linked to my ESO account.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Angelisaur
    Angelisaur
    ✭✭✭
    Just checking because I'm paranoid: were we supposed to receive any kind of confirmation email after submitting our entry?
  • Olessan
    Olessan
    Soul Shriven
    Seems the winners will be announced sometime in the next 24 hours?
    I'm eager to see the winning outfits! There'll certainly be some excellent ones.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno when will we know? Have the emails been sent?
  • Almariel
    Almariel
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    We're actually still going through entries. We received thousands, so it's taking a bit longer than expected. We haven't yet reached out to any finalists yet.

Ah, thanks. I can hold out hope then. Will the reveal still be on the 2nd?

We'll probably push it out by a week or two so we can get through all the entries, choose the finalists, and collect the necessary eligibility info.

@Sevryiel - daheim auf dem PC-EU Server
  • Tresha_Qareen
    Tresha_Qareen
    ✭✭
    Hello Zenimax,
    I submitted quite a few screenshots to you and only now noticed that my account is shown to be still in Lithuania, which happens to be not on the list of allowed countries. Perhaps it didn't update because I play TESo via steam only? I moved a while ago to Russia (which is allowed if I understood correctly), I linked my steam account (which was switched to Russian region a while ago, when I moved) to TESO account as proof of my words. I can also provide a billing history on TESO subscribtion and various DLC made from Russian credit card. How will this affect my submitted screenshots? Am I still "in" contest?:)
    P.S. Please announce the winners already, can't wait:D HYPED!
    Edited by Tresha_Qareen on April 4, 2018 7:02AM
  • Tillalarrien
    Tillalarrien
    ✭✭✭
    Have they announced it even or is this just quietly forgotten contest?
    Either that or too many submissions :D
    Edited by Tillalarrien on April 7, 2018 11:04AM
    Valkynaz of the Daedric Order
  • ZOS_Edward
    ZOS_Edward
    Community Rep

Hey @Tillalarrien,

We've had to delay the announcement while we review all the entries. There were far more than expected and we want to give them all a proper review instead of rushing through them. We'll have an announcement in a week or two.
    Staff Post
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Edward wrote: »

Hey @Tillalarrien,

We've had to delay the announcement while we review all the entries. There were far more than expected and we want to give them all a proper review instead of rushing through them. We'll have an announcement in a week or two.

Will there be a showcase of the others? Sounds like a gallery could be made. Also will it be a yearly contest?

• Sanguiness130
    Sanguiness130
    ✭✭✭
    Any sign of an exact date yet for releasing the results?
    SANGUINESS
    [EU Server - @Sanguiness ]
    RPer and Lore Geek
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's been a week...
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soooo....
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any sign when winners get notifications? Has it already been sent out?
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they did say a week or TWO, so I'm guessing right after anniversary event concludes?
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • DanielMorra
    DanielMorra
    ✭✭✭
    Really, I can understand that the delay is due to the number of submissions. But it was officially stated that the results will be available by April 3rd. However, there were no apologies or compensations for the delay. I’m not trying to cause drama. But it is common practice for such projects. And I don’t understand why that’s not the case for TESO. It would be nice to receive a letter of apology (after all, people did include their email as part of the submission), not to mention a small compensation, even if it's insignificant. Actions like that build trust between players and developers, and invoke sympathy for them.
  • dustin_ESO4
    dustin_ESO4
    ✭✭
    So.. was this forgotten about with all of the Summerset prep?
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well to the people above wondering where the contest results may be...
    They could be simply delayed... or

Other contests have disappeared before; no more announcements, results, winners etc, never to be heard from again.
    For instance the Trip of a Life Time https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294802/official-discussion-thread-for-discover-real-adventure-in-our-one-tamriel-trip-of-a-lifetime/p1
    And the One Tamriel Stories https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/299171/tell-us-your-one-tamriel-stories/p1

I am sure there are more, but these are the ones I remember personally.

It is a shame when it happens, but I just have to assume more important things happen at ZOS and they get cancelled and plans change. But it really would be nice to have it mentioned somewhere that it is indeed cancelled, don't even need a reason why, just so we can stop waiting and looking for it :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Edward wrote: »

Hey @Tillalarrien,

Will we know on 21 if we won or lost?
    Edited by Tasear on April 19, 2018 4:23AM