Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Protector of Life: The Complete End Game Warden Healer Build

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
20170718202659_1.jpg

Protector of Life

To be a Warden Healer is nothing like other healers. It's naturalistic tendencies have me reminded of druids of old who protected not just nature but life. To By a Warden Means to keep excellent positioning, and timing of heals before damage even occurs. It's almost like having foresight into danger, though if you aren't careful where you stand find yourself or allies in danger

Advantages
* Highly Sustainable Healing
* Far more then usual Defensive Buff
* Loads of defensive Debuffs

Disadvantages
* Need to be good at predicting damage.
* Need to be good at positing
* Slow heavy attacks on frost staff bar

It was quite the experience acquiring nearly same achievements for my warden healer as I did my prized Sorcerer Healer. This Warden Healer build which I created highlights warden advantages in defensive healing. This build is tested veteran dungeons, trials along with Cydrolli and battlegrounds. I believe it maximizes benefits of wardens while also being to easier to use then other wardern setups.

Skills

Bar 1 : Infused Master Resto with weakening glyph

Going along defensive gamplay, the warden healer has master resto staff to give allies more stamina for blocking, and breaking free along with other uses. The trait is infused weapon with weakening glyph allies take less damage before they take damage. This also on restoration staff so it procs along side healing.

bar1.png

* Blue Betty - This allows for sustain of asylum staff, and other abilities. Also allows for Animal Companions passives that give 12% stamina and magicka regain.

* Healing Springs - Allows for sustainable healing during long fights.

* Enchanted Growth - This is a burst heal that requires positioning, but rewards allies for efforts with addition stamina and magicka regain. This works well in sequence of use with combat prayer to cover entire area in healing and buffs. Not to forget this also gives healer addition 250 stamina themselves when using this heal to use to protection themselves or allies.

* Combat prayer - This a standard healing skill that buffs allies with damage and resistances. Warden healer will use more often to provide burst healing along with it's shroom skill.

* Mutagen - This still is healing over time skill that gives wardens extra time to regain or find positioning if ally falls below stands 20% health. It's also just another ablity that bosses defensive gameplay

* Northern Storm - This skill allows for 8% more magicka which brings max magicka up to 38k. It's also goes very well next healing skills as defensive ultimate that provides major protection along with slowing down approaching enemies. In addition with high chance of ability procing chilled status effect minor maim thus reducing damage total of 45% . Also gives a tad bit of resistances having this slotted.

Note: Just healing allies will give them 10% health. No greater defense then more health after all

bar_2.png

Bar 2 : Charged Asylum Frost Staff with Frost Glyph

Along with off balanced changed came a chance for increased diversity in effective ways for off balanced. This Weapon is picked to used with crushing shock for off balanced benefit along effects of burning, maim, and concussion. It's a charged frost as focus is on minor maim. While this common buff tanks it allows healer to back tank up in targeting range attackers with maim or one hitters like 2 handers or shield sword mobs. This done with a lot lost of tradition buffs of concussion and off balance. Though in addition to maim, it will also allow enemies to be slowed and immobilized if chilled.

Elemental Drain - A traditional healer skill that allows for debuffing enemies and buffing sustain of allies in regards to maigkca.

Crushing Shock - A skill used to proc Asylum staff effects of minor maim, concussion and burning along with ability to interrupt enemies and set them off balance.

Energy orb - A traditional healing skill that gives allies sustain. This also increases uptime for spell power cure with it's heal over time.

Blockade of Frost - This skill is used to provide large area of effect that minor maims enemies along with slowing them and potentially immobilizing them. Allies can't be hurt if enemies don't even touch them.

Ice Fortress - gives allies extra resistances that allows damage migration similar to extra weakening glyph

Aggressive War horn - A tradition end game healer skill that works well in all areas of end game play. It provides damage buff, resource buff, along with passively working well provide migration to damage.

Note: While not taking tri - focus passive, frost staff does allow healer to easily off tank with combination of skills, but also other destro passives. Ancient knowledge will allow healer to block extra 10% more damage along with Ice Fortress skill that brings it up to 18% not mention ultimate of major protection 30%, or major maim 30% from skill along with minor maim 15%. Healer is close to being a tank themselves.

Note2: Having a frost staff equipped will give 1500 extra resistances via 30 champion point passive in lady.

F.A.Q

Why Warden compared to other healing classes?

It's a bit hard for those familiar with Templar or Sorcerer as they are able to react faster, but there strong defensive gameplay is not like others as long you predict damage instead of react to it.. I find it easier for complete no death or retrogression in dungeons and trials. It's defensive gameplay is simliar to dragon knight, but instead but will show case more in direction of protection allies after damage as occured with debuffs and buffs instead of protecting damage as occurred.

Why a Frost staff

Nontraditional choice for healer compared to lighting staves, but doesn't lose out. Using Asylum + Crushing shock it still provides essential buffs of off balance and concussion while also providing burning, minor maim (in large area) or ranged maim, slowed enemies, immobilized enemies.

Don't Frost staves taunt?

Without Tri focus passives the heavy attacks won't taunt. Also if you don't use heavy attack it doesn't taunt either (assuming you take risk and have tri-focus passive).

Disclaimer

Used to actually be my Warden Frost tank... tell not long after I felt call of healing for it. It's what gave me intensive experience in using frost staves which the healer takes experience from.
Edited by Tasear on October 17, 2018 11:23AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated
    ~ Added F.A.Q
    ~ Added Note about champion point passive that gives extra 1500 spell and physical resistances.

Edited by Tasear on March 21, 2018 12:02PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated

~ Rewrote part of F.A.Q to express a better comparison from Templar, sorcerer and Dragon Knight
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated

Added why a frost staff to F.A.Q
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need to add Champion Points, but will highlight mostly tactician passive to balance out of lost of uptime in off balance from using crushing shock instead of blockade of storms to produce it.

Small details aren't there, but used blue food without any sustain issues. Race was picked as does both well in tanking and healing.

Health makes standard 17.5 k+ so need for extra modifications thus everything is divines for now.

Need to show stats for first bar, but it's max magicka of 38k and magicka regain is 1700 + without sustain issues, even with asylum weapon (most of the time).
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated
    ~ Added disclaimer
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated superstar build page to reflect first bar stats instead. It will likely hit over 40k with all gold.
    Edited by Tasear on March 24, 2018 12:24AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~fixed superstar Build mistake

Now it properly has mending shoes on :)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~reposted bar 2 image
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potion.png

As blue Betty gives spell damageI am using this one instead of popular essence of spell power for best effect. Would like to see if any ravage health potions could produce anything interesting as ravage health potions give more magicka back compared to potions. For now this is a safe and effective potion.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    potion.png

As blue Betty gives spell damageI am using this one instead of popular essence of spell power for best effect. Would like to see if any ravage health potions could produce anything interesting as ravage health potions give more magicka back compared to potions. For now this is a safe and effective potion.

You mean poisons?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potion.png

You mean poisons?

Hmm I see the confusion. I mean the negative potions... the ones we never talk about that need snakeblood passive. I seen some intresting things in there in pass, but was normally useless.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    potion.png

You mean poisons?

Hmm I see the confusion. I mean the negative potions... the ones we never talk about that need snakeblood passive. I seen some intresting things in there in pass, but was normally useless.

I have literally never taken that passive or tryed to make any pots that had negative effects, you got numbers for the ones you mean or a screenshot?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    potion.png

You mean poisons?

I have literally never taken that passive or tryed to make any pots that had negative effects, you got numbers for the ones you mean or a screenshot?

Most of potions are duds mine you... but their existent maybe be intresting. It was like 1 or 2k more magicka in potions I made in the past. This goes for all resource buffs in such potions. I would assume if I could find restore magicka and spell critical and some negative effect that becomes null after using snakeblood then it would be a sustain buff for healer. Nevertheless will keep it update and see what I can find.
  • Elfen3Warrior
    Elfen3Warrior
    ✭✭
    Thank you for posting your champion, points, very helpful. I'll have to try spell crit potion instead of spell power. I haven't put any points in snakeblood. I always wondered why have that type passsive, now the light bulb goes on. Hmmm, the ravage always stopped me from continuing with some potion combinations.
    Xbox NA
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One recommendation. Drop Wall of Elements and pick up Winters Revenge.
    - Revenge does more damage than Wall. About 200 per tick on my mag Warden (Not sure about Maelstrom Wall)
    - Revenge has more range giving you better positioning options
    - Revenge has a higher Chilled proc rate than Wall (200% Glacial Presence - Warden passive)
    - Revenge last 12 sec vs 8 sec
    Side benefit: Another 500 resistance.

Down side
    - Wall has a 60% slow, Revenge is only 30% slow
    - Wouldn't match Combat Prayer like you stated. So you'd probably still cast them together, meaning an extra 200 magic cost
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Revenge does more damage than Wall. About 200 per tick on my mag Warden (Not sure about Maelstrom Wall)
    - Revenge has a higher Chilled proc rate than Wall (200% Glacial Presence - Warden passive)

Down side
    - Wouldn't match Combat Prayer like you stated. So you'd probably still cast them together, meaning an extra 200 magic cost

Was going to reply with a the reasons you are wrong to use Wintes revenge over wall but then I noticed it was you and we both now you can never be wrong.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on March 31, 2018 10:37AM
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Down side

Was going to reply with a the reasons you are wrong to use Wintes revenge over wall but then I noticed it was you and we both now you can never be wrong.

How about instead of trying to bait me, yet again... you just either post the reasons or move on. After all, I did list 2 reason to NOT use it, are there more? Plus I recognize Tasear as another person that has solid Warden knowledge, so maybe there is reason that I wasn't thinking. At the same time, you and I both know that the Wardens biggest set back is still that people keep using knowledge they already have, that may or may not actually apply to the Warden. Like that Wall out DPS Revenge, or that Endless out DPS Sub Assault.

One possible reason would be that Wall specifically stats Immobilizes Chilled Enemies. Any Frost Damage Immobilizes Chilled enemies, does Wall have more to it? After all the Chilled proc is primary coming from the Asylum Staff in the build, so that 200% is only really effecting secondary targets. Personally I have not seen this in my Magden, but I also only run Off Healing. Most of the time I have Wall and Revenge. Wall also isn't always Frost as I play around with different set ups trying to get DPS worthy of vet DLC.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Down side

How about instead of trying to bait me, yet again... you just either post the reasons or move on. After all, I did list 2 reason to NOT use it, are there more? Plus I recognize Tasear as another person that has solid Warden knowledge, so maybe there is reason that I wasn't thinking. At the same time, you and I both know that the Wardens biggest set back is still that people keep using knowledge they already have, that may or may not actually apply to the Warden. Like that Wall out DPS Revenge, or that Endless out DPS Sub Assault.

One possible reason would be that Wall specifically stats Immobilizes Chilled Enemies. Any Frost Damage Immobilizes Chilled enemies, does Wall have more to it? After all the Chilled proc is primary coming from the Asylum Staff in the build, so that 200% is only really effecting secondary targets. Personally I have not seen this in my Magden, but I also only run Off Healing. Most of the time I have Wall and Revenge. Wall also isn't always Frost as I play around with different set ups trying to get DPS worthy of vet DLC.

@Lightspeedflashb14_ESO is better with numbers then I, but I do believe I found have a frost glyph on asylum with blockade of frost to chill them most of the time. Now other hand, I did try skill you impaling shards.

Issue with Gripping shards is was meant for a tank and works well on tanks because they are in center of fray. While warden healer needs to be very careful on positioning so is more pron to back.

I did try winters revenge for a bit, but I did like imbolize, greater coverage, and greater slow debuff along with easy of use (faster skill to target). Though I am seeing your point, and it would be interesting try this again. Thinking about it is more damage and maim is more guaranteed on enemies desire. If nothing else it's a better skill to switch to in cydrolli and likely battegrounds. Still only thoughts, would need to test this out.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Down side

@Lightspeedflashb14_ESO is better with numbers then I, but I do believe I found have a frost glyph on asylum with blockade of frost to chill them most of the time. Now other hand, I did try skill you impaling shards.

Issue with Gripping shards is was meant for a tank and works well on tanks because they are in center of fray. While warden healer needs to be very careful on positioning so is more pron to back.

I did try winters revenge for a bit, but I did like imbolize, greater coverage, and greater slow debuff along with easy of use (faster skill to target). Though I am seeing your point, and it would be interesting try this again. Thinking about it is more damage and maim is more guaranteed on enemies desire. If nothing else it's a better skill to switch to in cydrolli and likely battegrounds. Still only thoughts, would need to test this out.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't use Gripping on a Healer. In Cryodiil on my tank I don't cast it until I'm stand on the enemy. To get a 100% uptime on Chilled and too Immobilize up time I run Gripping Wall and Arctic Blast. So even then Revenge along won't do it, but it will be better. Though I also run Infused Weakening on a tank instead of Frost
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Down side

Yeah I definitely wouldn't use Gripping on a Healer. In Cryodiil on my tank I don't cast it until I'm stand on the enemy. To get a 100% uptime on Chilled and too Immobilize up time I run Gripping Wall and Arctic Blast. So even then Revenge along won't do it, but it will be better. Though I also run Infused Weakening on a tank instead of Frost

It might depend on situation as on winter's revenge has range, but not coverage of blockade. I like blockade of frost just cover what a tank might not maim in bigger pulls in the game. Would be interesting though to try apply minor maim on wolves in fang lair before they even come. Situation would also follow one shot adds like stoneshapers in vROM, or deathstrikers in vCOS might enjoy this debuff in Case tank is cluless about what should be taken first. But yes, still would have to see what it looks like action once more.

I have infused weakening glyph on resto staff because was going for team of ultimate defensive healer which I think wardens pull of the best (sorry dks you are still broken). Everything was in careful consideration of defensive gamplay. xD I almost thought of putting on inventor's guard too, instead of spell power cure, but thought better of it. Though mind you a frost theory crafted frost tank off healer is using something similar.

P.S This healer I took to my first vHRC HM clear (shh don't tell sorc)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Down side

Still would like to hear contrasting thoughts on the matter. Always good to have more insight.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried to find a potion desired effects.Seems like while some are close none exist as desired so above potion is correct. Also the snakeblood passive continues to not be worth it.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice post!

I love Warden Healer but the lack of BoL was always a problem for me for anything other than runs teaching new people and such.

I tried using Mutagen / RR too but it just didn't work all that well with full group. Perfectly doable, but there are just some deaths that you know would not happen if you had BoL on busier fights.

Reneration is such a great skill, tough... It might be the only skill where I constantly switch morphs and found uses for both morphs in PvP and PvE.

With this new "make all classes able to heal" push, I really wish they took that skill as an example.

Regeneration is the kind of skill that needed a third morph allowing one or two additional targets. This alone would make all other classes way more reliable on harder content healing, IMO.

When Summerset comes, I really want to try a Twilight / MA Warden Healer with the Trees or Resto Ulti in vDSA (with a mNB or tank running SPC). I think it will be stupidly fun.
    Edited by Dasovaruilos on April 6, 2018 11:51AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me to play warden healer, I had be careful about postioning and timing or I was screwed. So yes I couldn't just stand anywhere and had predict where allies would move. It did help to use leeching livines so it would heal then while they take damage. Also mutgen to carry them if they drop to low. Lastly you had a combination of cloak, mending, and weakening to protect more as they take damage. It's a different playstyle but interesting.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me to play warden healer, I had be careful about postioning and timing or I was screwed. So yes I couldn't just stand anywhere and had predict where allies would move. It did help to use leeching livines so it would heal then while they take damage. Also mutgen to carry them if they drop to low. Lastly you had a combination of cloak, mending, and weakening to protect more as they take damage. It's a different playstyle but interesting.

For sure.

Problem for me is in high mobility fights with huge arenas, like vICP HM, vDSA... I just have that feeling sometimes that I could have prevented that specific death if I were on my Templar.

Just to be clear, I'm talking here about trying to complete those as clean as possible, no death as a goal.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CalmFury wrote: »
    Nice post!

I love Warden Healer but the lack of BoL was always a problem for me for anything other than runs teaching new people and such.

I tried using Mutagen / RR too but it just didn't work all that well with full group. Perfectly doable, but there are just some deaths that you know would not happen if you had BoL on busier fights.

Reneration is such a great skill, tough... It might be the only skill where I constantly switch morphs and found uses for both morphs in PvP and PvE.

With this new "make all classes able to heal" push, I really wish they took that skill as an example.

Regeneration is the kind of skill that needed a third morph allowing one or two additional targets. This alone would make all other classes way more reliable on harder content healing, IMO.

When Summerset comes, I really want to try a Twilight / MA Warden Healer with the Trees or Resto Ulti in vDSA (with a mNB or tank running SPC). I think it will be stupidly fun.

Healing Ward is the answer to Bol. I run a DK Healer up to v HRC HM so far. Thats my omni directional burst heal. I also have Caturize shooting of a 5-10k heal to a low health ally every 5 sec
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice post!

Healing Ward is the answer to Bol. I run a DK Healer up to v HRC HM so far. Thats my omni directional burst heal. I also have Caturize shooting of a 5-10k heal to a low health ally every 5 sec

I thought so too, but was not as reliable as I expected a while back. It just didn't heal at all. I even thought it was bugged or something.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice post!

Overall I find this WARDEN healer build to be meh... pretty much like every other class "off healer" build, with most skills coming from the world line rather than the class its self. TBH, it actually looks like NBs will become better alternative healers with SUMMERSET changes. I'm feeling less and less stoked about my MAGWARDEN all the time :(

Agreed.. the thing that most "other class" healers are missing is a panic button non-aimed heal like BOL (I also use HEALING WARD for this purpose), and a class based means to provide resources (although orbs offer nice independent heals in and of them selves (even when yer stunned, etc) if they're already out there.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice post!

Overall I find this WARDEN healer build to be meh... pretty much like every other class "off healer" build, with most skills coming from the world line rather than the class its self. TBH, it actually looks like NBs will become better alternative healers with SUMMERSET changes. I'm feeling less and less stoked about my MAGWARDEN all the time :(

Agreed.. the thing that most "other class" healers are missing is a panic button non-aimed heal like BOL (I also use HEALING WARD for this purpose), and a class based means to provide resources (although orbs offer nice independent heals in and of them selves (even when yer stunned, etc) if they're already out there.

Right now, you can heal vDSA or vDLC Dungeon HM better with Warden than with the other "off healers".

I definitely think that will change, though.

I never though I would say this, but a DK Healer is looking very interesting for next patch from what we know so far.

I still like Wardens, though.

In the end, in ESO the damage sometimes comes so fast, so strong, that nothing other than a BoL like skill will manage to prevent a death. The game is just way too fast for those small conal or targetet healing to be of much use when you need them the most.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice post!

Using class skullsor world like doesn't make it better. It's about getting the job done effectively. You don't need instant burst heal to heal effectivly with warden, but if you want that have large get aoe to cast just need position it.

They aren't off healers but healers who heal differently. You have watch people and keep postioning more with warden then Templar healer. If you time your heals and try understand the class instead of try play it like others then you will find yourself in a better position.