Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Meet the Character – Proxy Queen Alwinarwe"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Meet the Character – Proxy Queen Alwinarwe. While Queen Ayrenn unquestionably rules the entirety of the Aldmeri Dominion, she entrusts the High Elf homeland to her beloved cousin, Alwinarwe. Learn about the Proxy Queen in our first Meet the Character for The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to meet one of the villains or unwitting dupes of the new chapter :wink:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't help but think... High Kinlady Estre part 2!
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this means we'll still see Ayrenn.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's exactly what I was thinking when I read it. She seems too likely for that role not to be.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whens the full cinematic coming out? Is this proxy queen in it?
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this means we'll still see Ayrenn.
    I suspect this means the opposite. ;P

Anyway, great letter. Can't wait to offend the proxy queen with my very presence on her pristine isle.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already sounds like a much better queen than Ayrenn. Hope we can side with her.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading that letter, I was like "Does Ayrenn know how manipulative she sounds?" Like, I really want to like Ayrenn, but I wouldn't blame her cousin for wanting to smack her after reading that.
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    I hope her dress will be available in the Crown Store!
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DiNanna63 wrote: »

You may be in luck. The image is on the small side for my eyes so it's hard to tell but the Altmer-Female-High dress, from data mining, looks similar.

gp_crwn_costumes_altmerfemhigh_1x1.jpg

And here's Medium and Low.

gp_crwn_costume_altmerfemmedium_1x1.jpg

gp_crwn_costume_altmerfemalelow_1x1.jpg
    Edited by Number_51 on April 5, 2018 6:58PM
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I want her to be in the crown store if you know what I mean.. Pls Zos stop adding waifus into the game :(
    Nah I hope not I want our mixed dark high elven children to be real (even though she is gonna be eso Serana) :))))
    Edited by BigBadVolk on April 5, 2018 8:35PM
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unrelated, but now I want to know if we're going to get to meet Queen Ayrenn's mother. So far as I know she's still alive.

And I concur, that does NOT read like the Proxy Queen is going to be a helpful and likeable protagonist. At best, she might be the grudging traditionalist who very reluctantly acknowledges we're not all bad after we've single handedly saved the region.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unrelated, but now I want to know if we're going to get to meet Queen Ayrenn's mother. So far as I know she's still alive.

And I concur, that does NOT read like the Proxy Queen is going to be a helpful and likeable protagonist. At best, she might be the grudging traditionalist who very reluctantly acknowledges we're not all bad after we've single handedly saved the region.

Which is not entirely unreasonable that one character I'm going to play on is a bloodthirsty Dark Brotherhood Silencer and the other is a "Blood for the Pact!" Dunmer Praetorian slaughtering AD soldiers in Cyrodiil when she's not saving Tamriel.

Its kinda hard to blame the Proxy Queen for being a little O.o about some of my characters...

I also want to meet High Kinlady Tuinden, but that might be just a little awkward given events in Auridon, Grahtwood, and Greenshade.
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 5, 2018 9:34PM
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda sympathise with her. After all you have to admire a ruler that follows rules, gains the respect of her people, has a mind of her own but can also accept and follow protocol when a higher ranking member of the Royal Family steps back in AND support her ascension to the throne even after going wild all over Tamriel. Seems like a cool wisdom somewhere in there.
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's totally Summerset's bad guy isn't she.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    Number_51 wrote: »

You may be in luck. The image is on the small side for my eyes so it's hard to tell but the Altmer-Female-High dress, from data mining, looks similar.

gp_crwn_costumes_altmerfemhigh_1x1.jpg

And here's Medium and Low.

gp_crwn_costume_altmerfemmedium_1x1.jpg

gp_crwn_costume_altmerfemalelow_1x1.jpg

Thanks for posting these! I would buy all three of them. They are perfect for two of my characters.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Already sounds like a much better queen than Ayrenn. Hope we can side with her.
    omg so much this

Alwinarwe will deifinitely be my character's waifu.

Please ZOS don't break my heart by making her Estre 2.0
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    She's totally Summerset's bad guy isn't she.

If she winds up being Mephala in disguise, they can rehash Auridon AND
    Clockwork City

at the same time!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I know that you will support my wishes and serve me as always in this important endeavor.
    I am sending one of my agents, the Eye of the Queen known as Razum-dar, to assist you and act as my eyes and ears among the people. Try not to let past grievances color your perspective.
    "

Holy Auri-El ...! Did I read well ?!

Alwinarwe is literaly going to be taken HOSTAGE by the Dominion's mary-sue TYRANT and her infamous AGENT !

Keep hope my lady, my proxy-queen, I'll defeat the vile BOWSUM-DAR and get you free !!

alwina10.jpg
    :smiley:
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Meet the Character – Proxy Queen Alwinarwe. While Queen Ayrenn unquestionably rules the entirety of the Aldmeri Dominion, she entrusts the High Elf homeland to her beloved cousin, Alwinarwe. Learn about the Proxy Queen in our first Meet the Character for The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset!

The Aldmeri Dominion is the most progressive of the three factions. They are the only one with a female leader of the entire faction (not just a zone), and a female proxy leader to boot.
    Edited by DoctorESO on April 6, 2018 2:34AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

The Aldmeri Dominion is the most progressive of the three factions. They are the only one with a female leader, and a female proxy leader to boot.

Almalexia as the ruler of Mournhold doesn't count? Queen Arzhela of Bangkorai? Depending on your choices in Rivenspire, DC can pick up a 2nd female leader.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

The Aldmeri Dominion is the most progressive of the three factions. They are the only one with a female leader, and a female proxy leader to boot.

Almalexia as the ruler of Mournhold doesn't count? Queen Arzhela of Bangkorai? Depending on your choices in Rivenspire, DC can pick up a 2nd female leader.

*leader of the entire faction
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She can tell me what to do anytime.
  • Zeni0s
    Zeni0s
    ✭✭
    At the end she dies.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeni0s wrote: »
    At the end she dies.

wtb necromancy
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've learned something new today. I didn't know, Queen Ayrenn; had a cousin.
    I really need to pay more attention.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.