The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How can I win a BG ?

Vostorn
Vostorn
✭✭✭✭
Hey,

I started playing BG a few days ago and I can't seem to win any of my BG. I try focus on the objectives and most of the time end up being the one having the most points in my group but I keep loosing most of the times.

The problem is that most of the time, I face very strong people capable or killing me and my teammates 1v2 or even 1v3. When they end up together, it ends up as a butchery like this :
Screen_Shot_2018_03_23_at_18_50_21.png
Screen_Shot_2018_03_31_at_18_20_51.png
Screen_Shot_2018_03_31_at_18_34_15.png

I'm levelling a breton magblade so I play in non champ grab bag. I have 2 sets made with rewards of the worthy, and a purple weapon that is 2 levels under mine atm, use food and potion I can buy with AP but I feel I do like no damage while being slaughtered in no time.

Do you have any tips I could do that will give me more chances to win ? Because the quest where I need to win 3 matches takes days to complete (I hope the reward is worth it).

Thanks in advance.
Edited by Vostorn on March 31, 2018 4:51PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really have any good advice that will help you win against pre-made groups or experienced players. It seems like you are already doing one of the most important things you can do: focusing on the objectives of the match.

That being said, if you haven't already, take a look at some of the No CP builds for magblades and make sure your gear has the impenetrable trait for crit resistance. You could also practice dueling, which has the benefit of teaching you to recognize and counter enemy specs.

Finally, if Battlegrounds is something you like to do regularly, it might be worth finding a group or a guild to do Battlegrounds with.

Sorry I'm not more help! Hopefully some of the other posters more familiar with Battlegrounds or No CP magblades than I can help you out.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well first what level are you? You say leveling so I asume your under 50? if you are between 1-160cp then just grind those levels to 160 quick as you can with the double exp because gear caps at at 160cp so as you level your gear will get crappier and crappier and need to be replaced until you get 160 gear.

2nd, what sets are you using? If your not combining some good sets and your just using random gear it doesn't matter what quality it is.
    I would recommend having a crafter at least make you a few sets if you can afford it otherwise you will pretty much have to be a punching bag till you get some gear. Under 50 queue has a lot of good players that have their characters minmaxxed with gold gear sets just for the sole purpose of slaughtering noobs, so I would get the hell outta the pre50 bracket as soon as you can, and dont bother with the 50+ bracket till your at least 160 cp and get some basic gear sets.
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on April 1, 2018 2:00AM
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Firstly it seems like you are dying a lot.

Try running a bit more defensive stuff in your build in order to try mitigate that, Wizards Riposte and Transmutation are pretty nice on a Magblade for that.

Learning the maps and how to use them is also pretty important.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Focus on objectives

Have comms with the group

Run with the group as a group.

Next level - organize the squad before, class tyoes and gear
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vostorn wrote: »
    I try focus on the objectives and most of the time end up being the one having the most points in my group but I keep loosing most of the times.

Keep going, your goal should be to be the first of your team every game, by playing the objective.

Do not focus on things that are outside of your control.

Do not hesitate to use a build swapping add-on to adapt to each game mode.

As someone who is solo queuing 90% of the time, i can tell you it is definitely possible to carry your win-rate above the base 33%, even solo.

q0Een2M.png
    Edited by Aznox on April 1, 2018 7:45PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Aznox 5 deathmatches in your last 12 games? What is this sorcery? I played 10 BGs this morning with 0 DMs.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »
    I try focus on the objectives and most of the time end up being the one having the most points in my group but I keep loosing most of the times.

Keep going, your goal should be to be the first of your team every game, by playing the objective.

As someone who is solo queuing 90% of the time, i can tell you it is definitely possible to carry your win-rate above the base 33%, even solo.

q0Een2M.png

There's a build swapping add on you can use in an actual battleground??????

Man I'm glad I'm on console and we don't have all this add on crap giving unbalanced advantages. Wow

I'm all for a build swap mannequin in a home for easy Pve/ PvP switching but has to be out of game mode or combat
    Edited by Beardimus on April 1, 2018 11:33PM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Aznox wrote: »

q0Een2M.png

There's a build swapping add on you can use in an actual battleground??????

Man I'm glad I'm on console and we don't have all this add on crap giving unbalanced advantages. Wow

I'm all for a build swap mannequin in a home for easy Pve/ PvP switching but has to be out of game mode or combat

It's not like You cant change Your gear manually...
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add-ons obey to the same restrictions that limit player actions, so no skill or gear swapping during combat.

If anything it actually lowers the power gap between "good players" and "1% try-hard" (not saying that in an insulting way) as the later would manually adjust skills and gear during the BattleGround waiting time anyway. And they are probably doing it on console against you.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    git gud