The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Launcher Update Stuck at 74%

neraia
neraia
I've been trying to play ESO all day and my launcher gets to 74% then stops downloading...What could be the issue? I have plenty of free space on my computer. I've tried closing and relaunching the launcher but the same thing happens. Is there any way to fix this without having to uninstall and re-install everything?
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update speeds for most folks have been sluggish as heck.

Mine is hovering at around 111 mB/s, which is just horrific. Was at 84 percent three hours ago, and am now at 87 percent.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • neraia
    neraia
    Yeah, but mine isn't going at all. It's at 0mB/s...It just stops at 74%.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    neraia wrote: »
    Yeah, but mine isn't going at all. It's at 0mB/s...It just stops at 74%.
    Have you tried closing the launcher and then restarting it?

Crotchety Old Man Guild

• neraia
    neraia
    Yes. Multiple times. I'd really hate to have to uninstall and resinstall again. So much for early access! lol
  • neraia
    neraia
    I'm going to try clicking "Run as administrator..." to see if that does anything. I know sometimes it does, so we'll see...
  • neraia
    neraia
    Nope. Nope. Nope. It hates me.
  • neraia
    neraia
    I even gave up and reinstalled with the same results...Guess it's time to turn in a ticket.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You reinstalled that quickly? Wow, I've been waiting several hours just for an update.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• neraia
    neraia
    Yeah, I was surprised...but it's now the next day and still having the same issue. Something's not right, I just can't figure out what it is...
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, all! We're sorry to hear that you are having these issues installing, and apologize. We have several steps for you to try (if you have not already):
    • Please be sure that you temporarily disable anti-virus and firewalls while installing, as these can often interfere with the launcher's ability to connect to our system in order to finish the download and installation process.
    • If this doesn't resolve it, please use the Repair function within the launcher itself.
    • Further troubleshooting for a resolution will require personal communication with our Customer Support Team, as they will need to work with you to figure out exactly what is causing the launcher on your computer to not complete the download. In that case, we ask that you please submit a ticket to them, if you have not already, at https://help.elderscrollsonline.com.
    Thank you for your patience thus far, and we hope we will see you in Tamriel soon!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post