Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should two-handed weapons count as two pieces towards a set?

• usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, they should not count as two items.

Items that can be placed in offhand slots that complement those weapons is not out of the picture and is long overdue.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Where's the beating a dead horse picture guy?

This horse is nowhere near dead.

ZOS has mentioned before that they are considering this issue.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Where's the beating a dead horse picture guy?

This horse is nowhere near dead.

ZOS has mentioned before that they are considering this issue.

They also considered fixing the lag in pvp.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Only for frost staves. Because frost staves not counting as 2-piece severely hurt whole archetype (frost staff tank) making it undesired choice. Frost staff is currently only complementary weapon choice to SnB and you can't really make original Duo Frost staff tank thanks to Frost staves not counting as 2pc.

Two handers, Bows and Fire staves are in good spot and there is no need to buff them.

I think players who use Bows and Fire staves would disagree with that.

Besides, this issue really doesn't have anything to do with the strengths or weaknesses of particular weapons. The real problem is that 2H, Bow and Staff users can not wear two 5 piece armor sets and a 2 piece monster set at the same time. It's really that simple. There is no good reason DW and S&B users should have this massive gear bonus advantage over everyone else.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Why shouldn’t they count as two! Maybe then, with two five pieces and a monster set those trials lot will finaly stop whining at me to use dual wield...
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    No, they should not count as two items.

Items that can be placed in offhand slots that complement those weapons is not out of the picture and is long overdue.

I suggested that a while back: bucklers for 2h, quivers for bows, and focus for staff.

The general consensus though is that it would require exponentially more work to implement than simply making those weapons count as two set items. You'd have to go and include item models, item stats, 9 trait research on all those items, and ultimately it would be giving more strengths to those weapons than they need.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hollow, slightly wet, dull thud of that poor equestrian being beat...
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭
    Maybe so
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    Should two-handed weapons count as two pieces towards a set?
    No.
    Otherwise they would have -all- the advantages!

Should one-handed weapons have the same advantages in damage or range as two-handed weapons?
    No.
    Otherwise they would have -all- the advantages.

Should both one-handed and two-handed weapons have the same effect in both damage/range and set pieces?
    No.
    Otherwise there would be no difference, and just imagine how boring that would be if everything was the same...

Should there be more weapon options so people wanting to play magica are not forced to pick up a staff, people who play stamina and want range make more options then bow and everyone can have more fun in various ways?
    Yes.
    By the powers that be, yes, Yes, YES!!!
    Which is why I keep liking to stuff like additional weapon skill ideas! ;)
    Someone say dual wield Greatswords?

c9b344aa6862f3caddcb8c72905c6ef1e51db627_hq.gif
    Heh, but being able to do it is what makes Momon the Dark Hero so noticeable!
    Let's talk about it again when ESO gets a strength stat that is different between characters, and a level cap of 100... ;)

Can you tell me what are the advantages of 2h weapons VS 1h weapons ?

Execute? and splash damage slightly. 2h I enjoy but there are still animation glitches like getting stuck in dizzying swing or charge animations unable to do nothing. Not to mention our bleed is terrible, it suffers in DPS and both DW and 1h can bridge the gap in burst. You play 2h cause you like it and so you don't have to rely on potions or team buffs for buffs/heals.

You don't get it.

2h weapons are : Staves, bow and2h Sword, Axe, Maul.

Dual wield also have execute.

There is no reason 2h weapons doesn't count as 2 pieces of a set.

No I do get it, I'm speaking from my area of focus which is Stamina melee. I'm not gonna open my mouth about weapons I don't use(staves/bows for any other purpose then for DOTS). Also I am not against this feature, and Yes DW does have an execute but Reverse Slash fortunately puts it to shame. And I already said in the same post you quoted that DW can out perform 2h, because 2h suffers in DPS while DW can bridge the gap in burst.
    Guild Leader of The Crimson Moon PVE/PVP NA
    Join CM! http://thecrimsonmoon.enjin.com/page/724665/recruitment?gid=72859-0

Kaoru Nandrak - V16 DK Stamina DPS 2h/Heavy
    Jaoul Deathbringer - V16 NB Stamina DPS DW/Medium
    Zantare Deshuld - V16 NB Magicka Sap Tank S&B/Heavy
    Jarl Nan'Drak - Sorc Magika DPS 2h/Light
    Vilder Ymirson- Temp Magika DPS DW/Light
    Graywulf Odakai- DK Magika Tank S&B/Heavy
  • Jarryzzt
    Jarryzzt
    ✭✭✭✭
    "I looked up at them...and I started to laugh. All I could say was...yes!" /John Seed

Seriously. That video game character is like Tony Robbins' evil twin. With a beard.
  • Liddyenna
    Liddyenna
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    It is high time they tweaked the numbers a bit so you actually had to think twice about weapon choice rather than it being so blatantly obvious.
    It's a 2 hander, give it 2 enchant slots or 2 trait slots or hell, even both!.
    Tired of this dw/bow or gtfo meta.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe so
    This poll is now moot
  • wozborne
    wozborne
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Apparently the horse isn’t as dead as people believe.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    In seeing pictures of alcasts website stating this is now a thing .not sure if it's on PTS or an upcoming patch ... But it could be good news for those who think it should happen
  • b.bredfeldtub17_ESO
    Yes
    Liddyenna wrote: »
    Tired of this dw/bow or gtfo meta.

I'm tired of <x>/bow or gtfo.

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-summerset-isles-changes-pre-pts/

Here you can seem some changes they are looking at remember these may or.may not make into the game but are being thought about