The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Should two-handed weapons count as two pieces towards a set?

rileynotzb14_ESO
rileynotzb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Bows. Greatswords. Battleaxes. Mauls. Staves.

It's time.
Edited by rileynotzb14_ESO on April 25, 2019 12:46AM

Should two-handed weapons count as two pieces towards a set? 182 votes

Yes
64%
mwd419_ESOGilvothJoy_DivisionDoctor_ZeussBowserDragonLane555GravisAnimus-ESOkypranb14_ESOHanokihsrileynotzb14_ESOstimpy986b14_ESOSkuaSpringt-Über-ZwergeProspero_ESOalcelenielDarkstorneFettkeewlSodanTokNebthet78 118 votes
No
28%
AcrolasLightspeedflashb14_ESOAllPlayAndNoWorkthomas1970b16_ESOsylviermooneKanarDHaleswifty3174CinbriTheShadowScoutDragathShadowMole25YinmaigaoRandomchaosDelta1038Pink_ViolinzRokkar8AliyavanaGeorgeBlackelantaura 51 votes
Maybe so
7%
Arobainkaorunandraksrfrogg23KliffAnti_VirusWhiteNoiseMakerplatonicidealgirlfriendOlupajmibananWaltherCarrawaySpunkDizBbsample197JobooAGSjoseayalac 13 votes
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh look something new and innovative for once
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe so
    I wouldn’t mind...
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, you sacrifice an extra set bonus for the perks of a skilline the only one that should is frost staves as frost staves are underwhelming
    Edited by Aliyavana on March 31, 2018 2:14AM
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Where's the beating a dead horse picture guy?
  • kaorunandrak
    kaorunandrak
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe so
    I wouldn't mind but they at least need to make two hand animations look better and not like your hefting the entire side panel of a 1967 chevy.
    Guild Leader of The Crimson Moon PVE/PVP NA
    Join CM! http://thecrimsonmoon.enjin.com/page/724665/recruitment?gid=72859-0

Kaoru Nandrak - V16 DK Stamina DPS 2h/Heavy
    Jaoul Deathbringer - V16 NB Stamina DPS DW/Medium
    Zantare Deshuld - V16 NB Magicka Sap Tank S&B/Heavy
    Jarl Nan'Drak - Sorc Magika DPS 2h/Light
    Vilder Ymirson- Temp Magika DPS DW/Light
    Graywulf Odakai- DK Magika Tank S&B/Heavy
  • rileynotzb14_ESO
    rileynotzb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    aliyavana wrote: »
    No, you sacrifice an extra set bonus for the perks of a skilline the only one that should is frost staves as frost staves are underwhelming
    That might make sense if two-handed weapons had some innate advantage. Every weapon type has "perks of the skilline".
    Edited by rileynotzb14_ESO on March 31, 2018 2:20AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bows. Greatswords. Staves.

Sorry, battleaxe and maul users. No one loves you enough to let you in on the extra bonuses.
  • platonicidealgirlfriend
    Maybe so
    yes, but only when both hands are on it
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Edited by sylviermoone on March 31, 2018 3:50AM
    Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, especially with the new JC update.
  • rileynotzb14_ESO
    rileynotzb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Bows. Greatswords. Staves.

Sorry, battleaxe and maul users. No one loves you enough to let you in on the extra bonuses.

Lol fixed. Now vote!
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Either that or make it so that DW and SnS requires 2 items to count as one piece, and cut their enchants in half while you're at it.
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    count the 2h weapons as a set, reduce their damage by 50%
    PC EU

• Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    raw
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    They should, but they just don't, and we're already getting one QoL improvement with the jewelry crafting. They're not gonna risk rolling out two features that (further) screw up the balance at the same time.

Besides, how dumb would it look to have someone walking around with two bows or staves? Two greatswords or something might actually look pretty cool, but allowing the slot to be fillable by some other set-piece item? That'd be a nightmare. (And the next logical step, because people would complain that dual-wielders/sword&board characters get to mix and match the sets they use).

Om-nom-nom, delicious words

giphy.gif
    Edited by Hanokihs on April 8, 2018 6:04PM
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe so
    Only for frost staves. Because frost staves not counting as 2-piece severely hurt whole archetype (frost staff tank) making it undesired choice. Frost staff is currently only complementary weapon choice to SnB and you can't really make original Duo Frost staff tank thanks to Frost staves not counting as 2pc.

Two handers, Bows and Fire staves are in good spot and there is no need to buff them.
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Where's the beating a dead horse picture guy?

696.gif

dead-horse-gif-9.gif

cpr-gif-5.gif

Justa few for inspiration ;)
    Edited by Agobi on March 31, 2018 9:22AM
  • Delta1038
    Delta1038
    ✭✭✭
    No
    As I do not care for minx/maxing this seems silly to me. I am still of the opinion of one piece of gear equates to one boon. Now I would not mind seeing some tweaking to DW or Weapon and Shield to balance this but honestly as it is I think it is fine. I am also predominately a staff user and have never had an issue with it as is.
    Xbox One NA
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    100%. Same way traits are twice as powerful on 2H weapons. It just makes sense for balance. Otherwise, they need to massively buff 2H weapons to make up for it, because at least in PVE DW is the no brainer and has been for far too long. You have to willingly gimp yourself in favour of visual flavour if you choose a 2H sword over DW in PVE. That's undeniably a problem.
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    They should, but they just don't, and we're already getting one QoL improvement with the jewelry crafting. They're not gonna risk rolling out two features that (further) screw up the balance at the same time.

Besides, how dumb would it look to have someone walking around with two bows or staves? Two greatswords or something might actually look pretty cool, but allowing the slot to be fillable by some other set-piece item? That'd be a nightmare. (And the next logical step, because people would complain that dual-wielders/sword&board characters get to mix and match the sets they use).

Someone say dual wield Greatswords?

c9b344aa6862f3caddcb8c72905c6ef1e51db627_hq.gif
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    To be fairly honest I think the aspect of making two handed count as two piece is beyond just the appeal of more set bonuses but also adding new prospects for set originality versus just the traditional and imo I think it might likely shake things up and add new variations of play styles. So yeah I think it would be a good idea if two handed counted as two pieces.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, been supporting this idea since 1.6.

There are no innate advantages to 2h weapons that dual wield or 1h/sh don't make up for in their own rights.
    All two handed weapon options cost twice the materials to craft and upgrade, and have twice the enchant and trait strengths of a 1 handed equivalent. The guys at zos did that for a reason. Set bonuses should have been included in that formula from the start.
    Edited by Lynx7386 on March 31, 2018 1:19PM
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • rileynotzb14_ESO
    rileynotzb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Armatesz wrote: »
    To be fairly honest I think the aspect of making two handed count as two piece is beyond just the appeal of more set bonuses but also adding new prospects for set originality versus just the traditional and imo I think it might likely shake things up and add new variations of play styles. So yeah I think it would be a good idea if two handed counted as two pieces.

Finally someone gets it!
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes they should but they will not.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No.
    Otherwise they would have -all- the advantages!

Should one-handed weapons have the same advantages in damage or range as two-handed weapons?
    No.
    Otherwise they would have -all- the advantages.

Should both one-handed and two-handed weapons have the same effect in both damage/range and set pieces?
    No.
    Otherwise there would be no difference, and just imagine how boring that would be if everything was the same...

Should there be more weapon options so people wanting to play magica are not forced to pick up a staff, people who play stamina and want range make more options then bow and everyone can have more fun in various ways?
    Yes.
    By the powers that be, yes, Yes, YES!!!
    Which is why I keep liking to stuff like additional weapon skill ideas! ;)

Heh, but being able to do it is what makes Momon the Dark Hero so noticeable!
    Let's talk about it again when ESO gets a strength stat that is different between characters, and a level cap of 100... ;)
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    No.

Should one-handed weapons have the same advantages in damage or range as two-handed weapons?
    No.

Should both one-handed and two-handed weapons have the same effect in both damage/range and set pieces?
    No.
    Otherwise there would be no difference, and just imagine how boring that would be if everything was the same...

Should there be more weapon options so people wanting to play magica are not forced to pick up a staff, people who play stamina and want range make more options then bow and everyone can have more fun in various ways?
    Yes.

Let's talk about it again when ESO gets a strength stat that is different between characters, and a level cap of 100... ;)

Can you tell me what are the advantages of 2h weapons VS 1h weapons ?
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes lets make 2 handed weapons viable please. Why are dw and s and b the onle sets that get to use a 5 5 2 build.
    Edited by Tetrafy on March 31, 2018 5:02PM
  • kaorunandrak
    kaorunandrak
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe so
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    No.

No.

No.

Yes.

Execute? and splash damage slightly. 2h I enjoy but there are still animation glitches like getting stuck in dizzying swing or charge animations unable to do nothing. Not to mention our bleed is terrible, it suffers in DPS and both DW and 1h can bridge the gap in burst. You play 2h cause you like it and so you don't have to rely on potions or team buffs for buffs/heals.
    Guild Leader of The Crimson Moon PVE/PVP NA
    Join CM! http://thecrimsonmoon.enjin.com/page/724665/recruitment?gid=72859-0

Kaoru Nandrak - V16 DK Stamina DPS 2h/Heavy
    Jaoul Deathbringer - V16 NB Stamina DPS DW/Medium
    Zantare Deshuld - V16 NB Magicka Sap Tank S&B/Heavy
    Jarl Nan'Drak - Sorc Magika DPS 2h/Light
    Vilder Ymirson- Temp Magika DPS DW/Light
    Graywulf Odakai- DK Magika Tank S&B/Heavy
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    No.

No.

No.

Yes.

Execute? and splash damage slightly. 2h I enjoy but there are still animation glitches like getting stuck in dizzying swing or charge animations unable to do nothing. Not to mention our bleed is terrible, it suffers in DPS and both DW and 1h can bridge the gap in burst. You play 2h cause you like it and so you don't have to rely on potions or team buffs for buffs/heals.

You don't get it.

2h weapons are : Staves, bow and2h Sword, Axe, Maul.

Dual wield also have execute.

There is no reason 2h weapons doesn't count as 2 pieces of a set.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, but only while wearing 3 or more peices