The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unstable core vs volatile armor

• JXNwarrior
    JXNwarrior
    ✭✭✭
    What's funny about the damage return from Volatile Armor is that it procs "direct damage" for the purpose of being Eclipsed, but it doesn't proc "direct damage" for activating Bloodthorn so not only is it inconsistent, it is incredibly harmful to the class
    PC NA 300 CP
    PS4 NA 1200+ CP
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JXNwarrior wrote: »
    What's funny about the damage return from Volatile Armor is that it procs "direct damage" for the purpose of being Eclipsed, but it doesn't proc "direct damage" for activating Bloodthorn so not only is it inconsistent, it is incredibly harmful to the class

It also won't bubble anyone that chugs an immovable pot. All the arguments of a DK armor buff causing self damage makes just as much sense as a potion denying 10+ seconds of using the eclipse ability.

Or break free giving yourself cc immunity.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • JXNwarrior
    JXNwarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

It also won't bubble anyone that chugs an immovable pot. All the arguments of a DK armor buff causing self damage makes just as much sense as a potion denying 10+ seconds of using the eclipse ability.

my point wasn't that eclipse is OP as that isn't the point of the thread from my understanding. it is that the way the damage return works is inconsistent to a point where it ignores a helpful set mechanic and procs a heavy self-damage mechanic using the same damage category. either it shouldn't count as direct damage or it should, not sometimes yes and sometimes no.

eclipse is fine IMO the only problem is when you take 3 ticks of damage during the breakfree animation because of a bugged armor buff
    Edited by JXNwarrior on April 3, 2018 7:39PM
    PC NA 300 CP
    PS4 NA 1200+ CP
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

my point wasn't that eclipse is OP as that isn't the point of the thread from my understanding. it is that the way the damage return works is inconsistent to a point where it ignores a helpful set mechanic and procs a heavy self-damage mechanic using the same damage category. either it shouldn't count as direct damage or it should, not sometimes yes and sometimes no.

eclipse is fine IMO the only problem is when you take 3 ticks of damage during the breakfree animation because of a bugged armor buff

Yea i was just tacking on extra info :)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual