The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Outcry Against Premades is Exagerated

• Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    xericdx wrote: »
    Just to clarify, what is a premade?
    I as mentioned in another post I have been playing with people I met in bg. Sometimes we play together several games, the same 2, 3 or 4 people. Never used TS or Discord, nor coordinated sets/abilities. Is that a premade? In some of those a newby who asked to join and learn was also included. I d advice you to do something similar, it s nice and you kind of meet people

actually its lightest version of premade. as usual easy eliminated by coordinated group
    @Anethum from .ua
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    DosPanchos wrote: »
    I was pugging in bg today and at the first loss I had a teammate screaming against premade. Am pretty convinced they were also pugs, simply played better. One of the wins (full pug) we got a 500 20 10 on a chaosball. Am sure the losers were screaming premade...
    Truth is I don't think that there are that many super premade out there and that often premade is the excuse...

Perfect example of how things can be exagerated.

It'd be a lovely example if most people were merely complaining about being beaten badly.

Most people are complaining, primarily, about being beaten badly by the same team again and again. Unless RNG is truly not in someone's favor, i would say that seeing the same team again and again makes it an entirely reasonable assumption that they are indeed premades.

Of course, those complaints are on the other active threads, which is another reason why not to fragment the conversation: it makes context and grasping the whole of the conversation more difficult.

Being beaten by the same team over and over again IS a problem. However, on PS4 I rarely encounter the same team more than two or three matches in a row, and when I do, I can wait a few minutes and find another que. Again, it's not perfect but it isn't the bane of BGs. If you're saying that waiting a few minutes isn't a reasonable or effective solution on PC or XBOX then we may have a different situation on our hands...
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was pugging in bg today and at the first loss I had a teammate screaming against premade. Am pretty convinced they were also pugs, simply played better. One of the wins (full pug) we got a 500 20 10 on a chaosball. Am sure the losers were screaming premade...
    Truth is I don't think that there are that many super premade out there and that often premade is the excuse...

Perfect example of how things can be exagerated.

It'd be a lovely example if most people were merely complaining about being beaten badly.

Most people are complaining, primarily, about being beaten badly by the same team again and again. Unless RNG is truly not in someone's favor, i would say that seeing the same team again and again makes it an entirely reasonable assumption that they are indeed premades.

Of course, those complaints are on the other active threads, which is another reason why not to fragment the conversation: it makes context and grasping the whole of the conversation more difficult.

Being beaten by the same team over and over again IS a problem. However, on PS4 I rarely encounter the same team more than two or three matches in a row, and when I do, I can wait a few minutes and find another que. Again, it's not perfect but it isn't the bane of BGs. If you're saying that waiting a few minutes isn't a reasonable or effective solution on PC or XBOX then we may have a different situation on our hands...

Waiting isn't always effective. Sometimes you wait and you still end up in the same queue as that group that you just can't get away from lol.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were two different premades with dedicated healers and focus fire that were queueing up in the wee hours of this morning on PC-NA. If you wait to skip one, you'd most likely just end up against the other. The first 4-5 games I played were all against either one premade or the other. I still think it's pretty pathetic to be tryharding so much against randoms, especially at that hour.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    There were two different premades with dedicated healers and focus fire that were queueing up in the wee hours of this morning on PC-NA. If you wait to skip one, you'd most likely just end up against the other. The first 4-5 games I played were all against either one premade or the other. I still think it's pretty pathetic to be tryharding so much against randoms, especially at that hour.

I wouldn't really say it's pathetic based on the time of day. Some people are on different time zones, some work different hours, etc.

I do agree some of these builds people run are really pathetic. Some groups have found very aggressive commbinations and it could be said they abuse some of the games mechanics (i.e. stacking snares).

This isn't completely their fault though - I put a lot of the blame on the developers for their lack of preventing such abuse by not putting more thought into mechanics.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Premades are fun though.
    Edited by Thogard on April 4, 2018 2:37AM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp