The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Constant crashes

shotgun278_ESO
So whenever I play, after about 5 minutes or less I'll get and error claiming that my system is running low on memory and then the will lockup and crash. this happens regardless of setting for the game... any ideas?

Running:
Windows 7 64bit
16gb system memory
AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
  • pgiambal
    pgiambal
    Could be a memory leak.

What is your virtual memory setting in the Windows advanced system settings?

In Vista this was sometimes related to the Aero service and the Graphics driver. You could try setting Windows desktop theme to basic before launching the game.
  • shotgun278_ESO
    This is what is listed

Virtual memory:
    Minimum allowed: 16mb
    recommended: 24535mb
    currently allocated: 16357mb

I'll try the basic desktop theme
  • shotgun278_ESO
    nothing with the basic desktop. still the same issue
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    Try this:
    Video settings:
    Texture Quality : medium.

• shotgun278_ESO
    also, it definitely appears to be a memory leak issue. and I've tried that Yshaar, but thank you for the suggestion
    Edited by shotgun278_ESO on April 1, 2014 1:30AM
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. tried to set your application to Win XP service 2 mode?
    New graphic driver?
    Oh and time to open up a support ticket :)
  • Hestia
    Hestia
    ✭✭✭
    Myself and the rest of my guild right now are crashing every time we invite a new person into the party.
    <Alatreon> Daggerfall Covenant | International | PvX | Adult Community | TS3+Mic required.

Recruitment Thread & Website
  • shotgun278_ESO
    drivers up to date.
  • shotgun278_ESO
    setting the client to launch in Win XP service 2 compatibility mode seems to have fixed the issue for now. hopefully if there's anyone else with this issue it helps them too.