The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PVP Magblade Build

Lyss1991
Lyss1991
✭✭✭✭
Anybody got a good one? Is there a such thing as an “easy” build for a magblade? Something for someone thats new to the class? Trying to find something im good at for PVP, New to that side of the game. Working on leveling one up now, Trying to find out what to focus on as final gear. Any advice would be appreciated
PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm happier since I switched from 5 light/2 heavy to 5 heavy/2 light...

basic gear works fine...julianos, seducer, spinners, torug's pact...i use grothdarr or velidreth...

i have mine setup with DW and destro...

skill wise - DW: lotus fan, concealed weapon, shadowy disguise, sap essence, mass hysteria, and soul assault...

destro: elemental drain, swallow soul, force pulse, mirage, impale, and eye of storm... .
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts on lich or spinners? I have multiple sets of both, Ive read in some posts that people like it. I have alot of different magicka sets for pvp, I run a sorc over there right now. Just wanted to try something more stealthy.
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • kerthas
    kerthas
    ✭✭✭
    Shacklebreaker + Transmutation or ambre plasma or lich + one piece of domihaus, and dont forget to make 5l+1m+1h
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caluurions legacy surely also is a popular set for magblades due to high crit rates. It also allows the possibility to run caluurions legacy on front, a set like lich or wizards riposte on backbar together with a full monsterset like zaan (for full cheese).
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer light armor on MagBlades, as your sustain will instead come from the harder hitting life steals than the heavy armor protection.

War Maiden/Spinners can be an immensely powerful combo. Especially if you use two War Maiden swords front / war maiden resto back. Magicka melee build using concealed weapon/lotus fan is a lot of fun, and with two swords can use a monster set (Grothdarr or Zaan’s are powerful up close). Can incorporate Vicious Death if you find you’re up against larger groups, and toss on Prox det for a little extra howdy-do.

Resto back bar can provide some amazing sustain. Life’s Champion yourself for Major Force/Major Protection, drop a healing ward if the mood strikes you. You can get away with not using a destro as NB’s have a very strong selection of PvP class skills at their disposal.

Main: Dual wield swords

Impale/Concealed Wpn/Lotus Fan/Siphon Soul/flex (Merciless/Dampen Magicka/Siphoning attack’s). Ult: Soul Harvest or Shooting Star

Back: Resto

Crippling grasp / shadowy disguise / Dark Shade / Healing Ward / flex (Hysteria / Piercing / Entropy) Ult: Life’s Champion
    Edited by SmellyUnlimited on March 30, 2018 5:24PM
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyss1991 wrote: »
    Thoughts on lich or spinners? I have multiple sets of both, Ive read in some posts that people like it. I have alot of different magicka sets for pvp, I run a sorc over there right now. Just wanted to try something more stealthy.

I'd go spinners for the burst...but, it'll depend on your ability to sustain...

for myself - I use pots and heavy destro attacks to sustain and put on 3 offensive sets...

5 pc heavy armor, mirage and shadowy disguise helps a lot with durability...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look up bomb blades. There are builds and rotations for this commonly used both solo and for AOE damage in group. This is the most common mNB pvp build and it has very specific burst rotations and gear selection.

You can also do more hybrid destro front / heals back bar builds that are sort of half support with the heal bar and funnel / refreshing path passive heals. For my part I like this better as I am finding it increasingly difficult to put a light armor mage in the center of a group for AOE centered on the player and this sort of build plays well from range whereas a bomb blades function is centered on player centered AOE skills.

My build is 5 pc Rattlecage(2 heavy + Jewelry), 1 pc kena light, 5 pc litch front bar, 4 pc litch back bar with vMA resto. The build is all ranged dps (even the AOE) and support heals. It hits pretty hard but is not tanky enough to be in the center of a groups AOE though, with it's ranged AOE, it is quite capable of contributing good damage AOE damage where it is most needed. I should also note that it is worthless solo with no good burst combo or hard CC.
    -front bar destro- cripple, fire ring (ranged destro AOE), funnel, cloak, harness magica, ranged destro ult or meteor
    -back bar resto - healing springs, refreshing path, mutagen, rapid maneuver (I have toyed with changing this to the fear trap morph), ward ally, meteor ult or healing staff ult
    Edited by f047ys3v3n on March 31, 2018 3:49AM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently running 5 Shackle 5 Spinners 1domi vma resto
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 31, 2018 4:41AM
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally forgot I made this post...Really wish there was an app so I could get notifications on my phone when there are replies to my posts -__-

Thank you all for the suggestions! Alot of the sets mentioned are things I already have saved up, With a few things that will need to be farmed here and there. I will try out some of these and hope I find something that works for me!
  • Capt_Morgan
    Capt_Morgan
    ✭✭✭
    I've been getting a lot of success out of 5pc Julianos 3pc willpower 2pc skoria and 1pc master inferno / vma resto. Run witch mothers brew and atronach mag recovery mundus. Aim for about 2k or more recovery.

Merciless resolve, cripple, impale, funnel health, flame reach and your choice of ultimate for the destro bar.

Double take, concealed weapon, dark cloak, healing ward, (mutatagen or harness Magika for last slot. Mutagen for group harness for shield stacking if solo) and lights champion as ultimate.

The damage single target on this is excellent and you get two ranged cc options front bar. The best part about this build though is the mobility. With concealed weapon and alternating cloak and double take you move about as fast as a Stam sorc but while remaining invisible. The high regeneration let's you spam it nearly indefinitely. Be warned though that you are sacrificing survivability for high mobility and stealth, so your best form of defense is speed and positioning. Don't be afraid to disengage early and always try to position yourself where no one expects you. Pop out of stealth lay your dots then go to town with funnel and impale when in execute. Cloak right back up and disappear again.

Haven't tried this much in cyro but for battlegrounds this is probably my favorite playstyle. Hit the squishy targets fast and hard from stealth while being able to rapidly maneuver the entire arena while stealthed up, so long as you keep ranged and avoid melee encounters like the plague this is a very effective and fun playstyle.
    MagBlade main since early Access. Long live the warlock.
    PC/NA
    @CAPT_Morgan