The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weirdness after updates-Green box and no addons in list

kassandratheclericb14_ESO
I recently started playing ESO again (and got Morrowind, which I wish I'd known about Summerset now I have to buy it also if I want it..grr..but not the point.) After any update no matter how large or small, tho things always happen. I get a small, semi-transparent black box, outlined in green in the upper left corner of the screen once I pull up the sign in screen and it stays in game also. Then also no addon will show in the in-game list. After an undetermined length of time the (a day or more, I don't know what happens to make it stop) both the box will disappear and the addons will once again show up in the in-game list and work as usual.

They work fine otherwise so it isn't about me doing it wrong or not clicking the "out-of-date" option.

I wonder if this happens to anyone else and if they know how to fix it, or do I just have to rub my lucky guar foot and wait for whatever magic fixes these things to..well..fix it. I don't mind the box so much but the addon situation is more than irritating.

Thanks in advance!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @kassandratheclericb14_ESO

The semi-transparent black box may be from another program running in the background creating an overlay. You can try running a selective startup to disable third party programs and see if the box goes away or not. If it does disappear, it would mean another program is causing it.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • kassandratheclericb14_ESO
    I tried all that the first time it happened. Thank you for responding though. I did anything and everything I could find when it happened the first time. I play PC games that use mods (not addons) so I am pretty good and finding info if I don't know how to solve my own issues. With modding you kinda have to expect some massive weirdness to ensue (especially that I have caused lol)

Incidentally, the day and a half after posting this it just disappeared and the addons once again showed in the in-game list.

It's a conundrum. This is the only thing it does that on and it has happened after every update since I have been playing again, there is never one without the other.

I guess every time the game updates I'll just have to wait a day or so to start playing. lol