The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Gold Seller Spam

Hestia
Hestia
✭✭✭
I won't post screenshots in-case they violate the rules because it directs you to their gold selling sites.

It's been increasing by the hour. Would appreciate to hear something from the staff about this.
<Alatreon> Daggerfall Covenant | International | PvX | Adult Community | TS3+Mic required.

Recruitment Thread & Website
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about:
    'We are aware of the problem and are working to find a solution. Be assured that any effect on our profit is of serious concern to us.'
    Feel better now? :)

Seriously, nobody likes these parasites, least of all the body they feed off. Just keep reporting them. I treat it as a fun part of the game. (You should get XP for it)
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • vvenaya
    vvenaya
    Soul Shriven
    It would be better if there was some robust filtering system that auto reports these guys and silences them in all possible channels. should not be too hard to make some algorithm to detect weblinks and such ...
  • MattoxMaodhun
    MattoxMaodhun
    ✭✭
    Censorious wrote: »
    Seriously, nobody likes these parasites, least of all the body they feed off. Just keep reporting them. I treat it as a fun part of the game. (You should get XP for it)

Lol, I've been doing the same. We should get extra XP for it. :smiley:
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    In most games, the report function automatically places ppl in your 'ignore' folder.
    I don't know if that's the case here.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In most games, the report function automatically places ppl in your 'ignore' folder.
    I don't know if that's the case here.

It doesn't appear to be. You can ignore with a right click on their name in chat, though. I wish you could report/ignore with a right click from chat in one step, though. This is already starting to get out of hand so we will need a more streamlined tool to report/ignore these parasites.
  • Lamprey
    Lamprey
    It's wouldn't be so bad, but the price of gold is ridiculous! :D

But, seriously, just keep reporting..
    Edited by Lamprey on March 31, 2014 4:06PM
  • Passed
    Passed
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I have no issue reporting them. However, after 1day of early access I spend more time reporting than I do playing.

We need a quick and easier way. Add a right click option to chat to report player for gold selling. doing this should automatically add the account to our ignore list and then generate the mail in the back ground to support.

Better yet have a GM stood in the starting zones and kick these accounts and ban them immediately.

I raised this exact issue during beta, everyone said I was over reacting and Zenimix must be planning for it. Clearly they have not planned enough and Zone chat in auridon is a constant stream of spam now. It really affects immersion and is the reason I have logged out.
  • Grimkardinal
    Grimkardinal
    Soul Shriven
    guild recruitment spam is just as bad, all of this gets so old and no company wants to do anything about it. /sigh guess i'll never use chat again.
  • Invisioblack
    Invisioblack
    ✭✭✭
    guild recruitment spam is just as bad, all of this gets so old and no company wants to do anything about it. /sigh guess i'll never use chat again.

That's my plan - I am trying to build a guild to replace chat.
  • Dark_Maiden
    Dark_Maiden
    Soul Shriven
    I was about to post about this.

I mean this is Early Friggin Access! How the H are these guys here so soon? And why can't games, at this point, just set someone in the game to watch chat, so when one of these things comes up, they can grab the account, and ban them. Sooner or later it will become cost prohibitive for the sellers to hang around the game (between buying the games and then paying sub costs).

Seriously, its not like this something new, new games should be thinking about this, and how to deal with it, from day one.
  • zbcole
    zbcole
    ✭✭✭
    Look at the cup half full - the presence of Gold Sellers early indicates they expect success for this game. If they weren't here at all, I would be more concerned - lol.

On top of that, I am reserving my ignore list for purely gold spammers. I just add all of them to it. Then at the end of the week or so, I will send 1 report with a screenshot of my ignore list.

I have 9 already-in the course of about 30-45 minutes.
  • raykai12000b16_ESO
    raykai12000b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    this is insane zan not having chat filters for spammers
    [Guild]:
    <The Dredge [DDGE]> Daggerfall Covenant | International | PvX | Adult Community | TS3+Mic required |http://ddge.zapto.org
    [Addon Author] :
    My addon : Reloadui Extra Slash Commands
  • Skaag51
    Skaag51
    ✭✭
    If crafting is going to be the only way to get Legendary gear, Buying Gold HAS To be stopped. This will be unfair to anyone who doesn't buy gold or sell items for super inflated prices from people who did. I hope this gold is removed and accounts banned ASAP.
  • Myrdreth
    Myrdreth
    ✭✭✭

I love that idea!*haha*

But seriously...I always ignore the chat completly because of all these spammers. The guild spammers are annoying me too. It's a pity, because I like to chat with other players every now and then. Ah well...

~ ♥ ~
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no reason there is no support against these guys for a AAA game. I like this game, but that is the truth.
  • Vavume
    Vavume
    Not seen any as yet.
  • Hestia
    Hestia
    ✭✭✭
    Staff not responding...
    <Alatreon> Daggerfall Covenant | International | PvX | Adult Community | TS3+Mic required.

Recruitment Thread & Website