The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Any classes that dosent need weapon skills to do well in pvp?

festher
festher
✭✭
The only thing i can do to get kills with my stamina classes is by using weapon skills. The other skills are terrible. in my hand at least.
im playing warden and nightblade below 50 and its MEH. all i see is ppl running around with 2h or sorc's exploding everyone in 1 sec. i have to do the same to compete.

i tried to spec for healing but somehow ppl manage to give me 4 dizzingswings and an executioner in 2sec, so i cant heal much either. unless i hide or something.... :)
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 60k magicka SWB magSorc
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My 60k magicka SWB magSorc

I have one of those! And a 55k DW version. Yah, they don't need weaponskills.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that most classes get kills through burst damage.

So a stam warden that uses sub assault and dizzying swing learns to time those so they hit at the same time for maximum burst damage.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    DW magblade doesnt use weapon skills.

Fun and challenging playstyle to learn and will make you a better player if you can master it.
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on March 31, 2018 10:04PM
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars are rather class skill centred.
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup ... Templar ... I use 2 mages skill and rest all class skills
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My magdk uses one weapon skill, rest is class and vamp.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also magblades mostly use classskills like funnel health and crippling grasp.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bear in mind that enchants and poisons only proc from light / heavy attacks and weapon skills. Being completely without weapon skills can be a disadvantage. For example a Crit Rush will add instant damage from your enchant, whereas a class-based gap closer will not. You will proc the enchants / poisons eventually anyway, but it may be worth thinking about the following:

(A) Are enchants proc-ing at the right time in your burst combos to add to the burst?

(B) What's the up-time of your 2-second cooldown infused enchants with light / heavy attacks alone, with your playstyle? Might you have better up-time, if you used one or more weapon skills?
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB