The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Notice how we haven't gotten any actual gameplay changes.

• klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendaric wrote: »
    I agree with the need for new weapon skill lines and new sneak mechanics, but I don't think anything beyond that is needed.

I would like to see them open up sub skill lines that focus on individual weapons. DW would have individual skill lines for swords, daggers, maces, and axes, all focusing on something like the DW passive does now. Sword and shield can focus on the same weapons, but would have different tanking aspects covered with each weapon. The original lines would be removed, and baked into the new lines. Bows and resto staves could have lines like sneak attacks, long rang, and close range for bows, and single target healing, AoE healing, and buffs/rebuffs and cleanses for resto staves. This would open up more specialization, and a place to spend all those extra point.

I would also like to see some sort of bonuses to crafted gear when maxed out. It would only apply to gear made by, and worn by the crafter at 7 traits in all logical spots. This would give people a reason to do crafting on more than one character.
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapon skill lines and difficulty changes are balance issues. And we're getting a new guild skill line so theres that.
    Why people farm in alikr is beyond me. Its slow. And it seems to be a pc thing. Pc not so Master race.

The only point you made that seems reasonable or really necessary is the grouping system. Which has been made a billion times by now.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    klowdy1 wrote: »
    Kendaric wrote: »
    I agree with the need for new weapon skill lines and new sneak mechanics, but I don't think anything beyond that is needed.

I would like to see them open up sub skill lines that focus on individual weapons. DW would have individual skill lines for swords, daggers, maces, and axes, all focusing on something like the DW passive does now. Sword and shield can focus on the same weapons, but would have different tanking aspects covered with each weapon. The original lines would be removed, and baked into the new lines. Bows and resto staves could have lines like sneak attacks, long rang, and close range for bows, and single target healing, AoE healing, and buffs/rebuffs and cleanses for resto staves. This would open up more specialization, and a place to spend all those extra point.

I would also like to see some sort of bonuses to crafted gear when maxed out. It would only apply to gear made by, and worn by the crafter at 7 traits in all logical spots. This would give people a reason to do crafting on more than one character.

That would probably be overkill. It would also dilute the value of weapon drops, because those variants wouldn't be interchangeable the way current ones are.

For example, if you're trying to make a Werewolf Hide S&B combo, any 1h weapon will work. Under that system, you may need a sword, so a mace, axe or dagger would be worthless.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    VaranisArano,
    Even encouraging any group activites is already a threat to solo players. Why at all encouraging people to group? Those who want to play togehter can do almost any existing content except quests like the one Prophet gives. If a player preferres playing solo, nothing will encourage him or her to group. Such a player will be trying to do this new content solo.

I see your point, however, this is an MMO. A certain level of group content is to be expected. ZOS continues to add group content to the game such as trials, group dungeons, the new Abyssal Geysers, public dungeons, and harder World bosses.

Most of those can be soloed by talented players (even amazingly a few trials fights), so players technically aren't forced to group up. Practically speaking, however, you have to group up to complete all the content in an MMO. I don't have a problem with that.

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vhozek wrote: »
    We get crafting *** and DLC. That's not fresh. DLC's for the most part are just dungeons that get really really old after the first clear.
    Expansions, well we've only had one, but it was super lacking and doesn't give me any reason to trust the next.
    We need changes to actual gameplay.
    -Weapon skil lines
    -Difficulty changes
    -Dynamic grouping system to feel like you're playing an actual multiplayer game when someone helps you clear something in the overworld
    -Weekly events even if it's something as simple as dolmen bonuses in different zones to encourage people to move away from Alik'r Desert
    -Sneaking mechanics to make it feel more alive
    -World Boss hunting bonuses in different zones with a notification in the servers, not some pickup quest.

Anything to bring people together.

Like what specifically? I don't want changes just to have changes.

-Do you want flails, spears, a necomancer stave? In the mechanics of single target burst, AoE, range, defense and support where do you carve out a spot for a new weapon line?

- Because, too difficult, too easy? There is a lot of range in difficulty. Beta testing Morrowind, i went into a delve with no CP, about 4 skills in a class I've never played before, with an incomplete set of gear and found the delve boss a bit of a challenge. I still had the advantage of prior gameplay knowledge. A new player who hasn't even mastered dodgeroll and red telegraphs probably would have been crushed. (There was someone in the new players section the other day complaining about the difficulty.) Meanwhile I can solo some content made for groups, so I can also understand wanting something harder. I guess difficulty slider could work for instanced stuff, which already kinda exists, but people will still complain about the rewards locked behind hard mode, or the lack of incentives for doing hard mode. It's difficult to balance that.

- There was something like that in early Beta. Dynamic Group mode with a count down when you entered the boss area of an overland quest with other players. Probably didn't work out well which is why they didn't include it in the final game. In anycase, I've grouped up informally with players to do overland content. The only I'm might need is a missed connection log, so I could send then a guild or friend invite later.

-Too many events can be nearly as bad as too few. Players need breaks. Look at this weekend, 4 days to grab some new items and DCT recipes, I've cut off doing writs or hitting PvP. I've already maxed out sale slots in 4 stores and we are going to have an anniversary event soon after. Keep in mind some players are just about the double XP so they'll do skyreach, or the dolmen runs, if they can't get a partner, anyways. The XP in a delve event would need to be Imperial City error size to justify the lost time for travel. Same for world boss events.

-Like what specifically do you want added to sneaking?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We get crafting *** and DLC. That's not fresh. DLC's for the most part are just dungeons that get really really old after the first clear.
    Expansions, well we've only had one, but it was super lacking and doesn't give me any reason to trust the next.
    -Weapon skil lines
    -Difficulty changes
    -Dynamic grouping system to feel like you're playing an actual multiplayer game when someone helps you clear something in the overworld
    -Weekly events even if it's something as simple as dolmen bonuses in different zones to encourage people to move away from Alik'r Desert
    -World Boss hunting bonuses in different zones with a notification in the servers, not some pickup quest.

In regard to the Bolded... you're talking about a game where the majority player is a solo quester. We had one 'group' only zone that did so poorly that it had to be made 'solo friendly'. This may be an MMO, but the definition has changed since the beginning of MMOs... now it simply means 'massive amounts of people playing the same game at the same time'. Welcome to the new reality where, thanks to technology, many people have become more solitary and antisocial.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    -Weapon skil lines
    -Difficulty changes

In regard to the Bolded... you're talking about a game where the majority player is a solo quester. We had one 'group' only zone that did so poorly that it had to be made 'solo friendly'. This may be an MMO, but the definition has changed since the beginning of MMOs... now it simply means 'massive amounts of people playing the same game at the same time'. Welcome to the new reality where, thanks to technology, many people have become more solitary and antisocial.

It might also, possibly, have something to do with this particular MMO being based on a very popular series of single-player RPGs.

I came over to ESO from Skyrim with zero experience with anything other than a single player game. It probably took me a solid year before I got the confidence to group with anyone who I didn't know IRL.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . Practically speaking, however, you have to group up to complete all the content in an MMO. I don't have a problem with that.

I do have porblem with that. ESO is an MMO, unfortunately, but a lot of content can be done solo. The only content forcing to group are 4-player dungeons, trials and worl bosses - I just don't do this content. As of now, nothing vital is hidden behind a "group wall" for me, and nothing is forcing me to group.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They fired everyone who had the capacity to create something new when the game launched (to save money). Notice how every single gameplay update they make is either salvaging old assets that didnt make it at release or creating a bunch of new items from existing scripting functions. Not to mention basically no performance improvements in ages.
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    complains about not getting new skill lines, gets a new skill line in the summerset chapter, complains

hhhmmmmm
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arobain wrote: »
    complains about not getting new skill lines, gets a new skill line in the summerset chapter, complains

hhhmmmmm

Weapon skill lines. It's like you wouldn't be able to be spoon fed even if you were spoon fed.
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    -Weapon skil lines
    -Difficulty changes

-Do you want flails, spears, a necomancer stave? In the mechanics of single target burst, AoE, range, defense and support where do you carve out a spot for a new weapon line?

- Because, too difficult, too easy? There is a lot of range in difficulty. Beta testing Morrowind, i went into a delve with no CP, about 4 skills in a class I've never played before, with an incomplete set of gear and found the delve boss a bit of a challenge. I still had the advantage of prior gameplay knowledge. A new player who hasn't even mastered dodgeroll and red telegraphs probably would have been crushed. (There was someone in the new players section the other day complaining about the difficulty.) Meanwhile I can solo some content made for groups, so I can also understand wanting something harder. I guess difficulty slider could work for instanced stuff, which already kinda exists, but people will still complain about the rewards locked behind hard mode, or the lack of incentives for doing hard mode. It's difficult to balance that.

- There was something like that in early Beta. Dynamic Group mode with a count down when you entered the boss area of an overland quest with other players. Probably didn't work out well which is why they didn't include it in the final game. In anycase, I've grouped up informally with players to do overland content. The only I'm might need is a missed connection log, so I could send then a guild or friend invite later.

-Too many events can be nearly as bad as too few. Players need breaks. Look at this weekend, 4 days to grab some new items and DCT recipes, I've cut off doing writs or hitting PvP. I've already maxed out sale slots in 4 stores and we are going to have an anniversary event soon after. Keep in mind some players are just about the double XP so they'll do skyreach, or the dolmen runs, if they can't get a partner, anyways. The XP in a delve event would need to be Imperial City error size to justify the lost time for travel. Same for world boss events.

-unarmed, 1H&spell, bound weapons, wand & orb

-Too easy. They could base the overworld difficulty on distance from popular areas in zones and add some more mechanics to dungeon bosses such as: breaking from taunt to attack another player (which is already possible) BUT the tank can still save them from the hit if they get in the way. And I'm no talking about a stupid heavy attack or a light attack. I'm talking about something that would've sent the player flying. Also add CC vulnerability to people who block without a shield to make the tank's effort worth it.

-Nobody said the event is forced. The event could consist of an auto mission you receive for just being in the servers. Each zone could be told to kill all WB and they get some type of reward so long as they kill at least 1 WB. This event could happen every 2-3 hours. Dolmen events would just notify the entire server of a special boss at a dolmen somewhere in the entire continent with a reward.
    Edited by Vhozek on April 1, 2018 12:38AM
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the Psijic Skill Line doesn't count...

Honestly, the sustain changes that came,with Morrowind were fresh but I'm happy to avoid that sort of upheaval.

so I'm betting money on it being extremely good but too good to the point that issues will come up while nerfs to the skill line will make the entire thing worthless.

Here's an idea then. If the skill line actually does end up being "too good", let's NOT come here and complain about it, so ZOS won't nerf it into the ground out of pressure from the community. I'd rather have something that's stupid good than utterly useless.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I guess the Psijic Skill Line doesn't count...

Honestly, the sustain changes that came,with Morrowind were fresh but I'm happy to avoid that sort of upheaval.

so I'm betting money on it being extremely good but too good to the point that issues will come up while nerfs to the skill line will make the entire thing worthless.

Here's an idea then. If the skill line actually does end up being "too good", let's NOT come here and complain about it, so ZOS won't nerf it into the ground out of pressure from the community. I'd rather have something that's stupid good than utterly useless.

I wish. Whats actually going to happen is that everyones going to scream P2W on the PTS, and when it gets to live, half of the player will still think its P2W amf the other half will be like "why does this suck?"

Its what happened to warden, after all.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    -Weapon skil lines
    -Difficulty changes

-unarmed, 1H&spell, bound weapons, wand & orb

-Too easy. They could base the overworld difficulty on distance from popular areas in zones and add some more mechanics to dungeon bosses such as: breaking from taunt to attack another player (which is already possible) BUT the tank can still save them from the hit if they get in the way. And I'm no talking about a stupid heavy attack or a light attack. I'm talking about something that would've sent the player flying. Also add CC vulnerability to people who block without a shield to make the tank's effort worth it.

-Nobody said the event is forced. The event could consist of an auto mission you receive for just being in the servers. Each zone could be told to kill all WB and they get some type of reward so long as they kill at least 1 WB. This event could happen every 2-3 hours. Dolmen events would just notify the entire server of a special boss at a dolmen somewhere in the entire continent with a reward.
    -but specificly, you want these weapons to fill what roles?

-This sounds like you want tanks required for overland content also, am I reading this right? Second mechanics get can be both interesting and a pain, and that mechanic kind of already exist in Scale Caller. Third, sounds like you don't like light/heavy attack mechanics or ice stave blocking. As I stated in my first post, don't just ask for changes for the sake of changes.

-Look, unless that boss has ridiculous health, it will be dead before most people can get out of load screens, let alone get a hit in for credit. And calling the entire server to one spot sound like a terrible way to create lag.

Not to come down hard on your ideas, but this sort of request needs to be really thought out more.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres a crazy thought, why don't you wait until we get information on what base game changes are coming with update 18 before you whine about not getting gameplay changes?
    Edited by Conduit0 on April 1, 2018 3:20AM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^

Agreed. I mean its silly to say it will or won't at this point. We don't even know all of the JC traits.
    Edited by karekiz on April 1, 2018 3:31AM
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arobain wrote: »

hhhmmmmm

Weapon skill lines. It's like you wouldn't be able to be spoon fed even if you were spoon fed.

That wouldn't make any sense even if it made any sense.

;)
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    its funny that a wrothgar had better questing and more to do than vvardenfel and was 10 dollars cheaper and a dlc not a "expansion"
    I'm obviously in the minority here, but I disliked majority of Wrothgar. Morrowind added battlegrounds and a new class but other than that Wrothgar and Morrowind were similar-ish. Both have the 2 public dungeons, both have 6 world bosses with daily quests. Wrothgar has 2 daily zone quests, Morrowind 4. Wrothgar has vMA (full of bugs, hits, and suits high DPS). Morrowind vHOF (full of bugs, but doesn't require healers or tanks to roll DPS for the achievements).

In terms of actual story, I really didn't enjoy the Wrothgar quests, or the zone itself all that much while I find Vvardenfell much prettier (visually) and cooler moments across the story. Absolutely agree on the power hungry Argonian story arc though - felt that went on a little too long.
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK