The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Notice how we haven't gotten any actual gameplay changes.

Vhozek
Vhozek
✭✭✭✭✭
We get crafting *** and DLC. That's not fresh. DLC's for the most part are just dungeons that get really really old after the first clear.
Expansions, well we've only had one, but it was super lacking and doesn't give me any reason to trust the next.
We need changes to actual gameplay.
-Weapon skil lines
-Difficulty changes
-Dynamic grouping system to feel like you're playing an actual multiplayer game when someone helps you clear something in the overworld
-Weekly events even if it's something as simple as dolmen bonuses in different zones to encourage people to move away from Alik'r Desert
-Sneaking mechanics to make it feel more alive
-World Boss hunting bonuses in different zones with a notification in the servers, not some pickup quest.

Anything to bring people together.
Edited by Vhozek on March 31, 2018 11:58AM
𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vhozek wrote: »
    We get crafting *** and DLC. That's not fresh. DLC's for the most part are just dungeons that get really really old after the first clear.
    Expansions, well we've only had one, but it was super lacking and doesn't give me any reason to trust the next.
    We need changes to actual gameplay.
    -Weapon skil lines
    -Difficulty changes
    -Dynamic grouping system to feel like you're playing an actual multiplayer game when someone helps you clear something in the overworld
    -Weekly events even if it's something as simple as dolmen bonuses in different zones to encourage people to move away from Alik'r Desert
    -Sneaking mechanics to make it feel more alive
    -World Boss hunting bonuses in different zones with a notification in the servers, not some pickup quest.

Lets be friends. All same ideas I have suggested except sneaking. I wish thieves to be caught.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the Psijic Skill Line doesn't count...

Honestly, the sustain changes that came,with Morrowind were fresh but I'm happy to avoid that sort of upheaval.
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, the sustain changes that came,with Morrowind were fresh but I'm happy to avoid that sort of upheaval.

Everyone will use 1 or 2 Psijic skills as a trend for like the first few weeks and then it will die. If it doesn't die then everyone will be using them and some other issues will pop up. The Psijic Order is super powerful, so I'm betting money on it being extremely good but too good to the point that issues will come up while nerfs to the skill line will make the entire thing worthless.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with the need for new weapon skill lines and new sneak mechanics, but I don't think anything beyond that is needed.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone will use 1 or 2 Psijic skills as a trend for like the first few weeks and then it will die. If it doesn't die then everyone will be using them and some other issues will pop up. The Psijic Order is super powerful, so I'm betting money on it being extremely good but too good to the point that issues will come up while nerfs to the skill line will make the entire thing worthless.

So, to your thinking, adding a new skill line doesn't count as an actual gameplay change whether no one uses it or everyone uses it. Interesting. I can't say I agree.
    • NewBlacksmurf
      NewBlacksmurf
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don’t think we need a lot of changes but I agree the updates haven’t been game changing however isn’t that the point if the game is good?

Now I have my feelings about things like Cyrodil, Imperial City, solo only, VR/CP and ESO Plus but it doesn’t seem that what the devs see as needed changes.
      -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
      ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    • Vhozek
      Vhozek
      ✭✭✭✭✭

So, to your thinking, adding a new skill line doesn't count as an actual gameplay change whether no one uses it or everyone uses it. Interesting. I can't say I agree.

You'll be using the same gear and weapons the entire time. The only thing that will change is your bar. Wow.
      Maybe there will be changes to gear to try and fix builds around the skill line, but it doesn't have much of an impact. Weapon skill lines also fall under this, but the difference is that it actually adds something more. Unarmed, 1H&Spell, Wand&Orb, and Bound Weapons would all be massive changes to what we currently have. It would greatly help mages who only use stupid staves that count as 1 set bonus and only change depending on the element. Unarmed and 1H&Spell can be another cool option for Stamina players, assuming 1H&Spell has at least some Stamina morphs.
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You want more. That's fine, I get it. I also play in PVP, which is exactly where the Psijic Order is expected to make the most difference, so I'll be seeing it and reacting to it a lot if it goes into general use. Unlike what you expect, I expect to see the Psijic Order make a measurable difference in how a significant portion of my gameplay time plays out. Perhaps not as much as your other suggestions would, but it will make a difference.

But you want more. That's fine. I still disagree that there are no actual gameplay changes coming with Summerset.
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Slow internet. Double post. Sorry!
      Edited by VaranisArano on March 31, 2018 1:58PM
    • srfrogg23
      srfrogg23
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I’m pretty happy they’re not going crazy and completely changing any existing systems or adding anything too substantial. I’ve seen development teams go nuts with other games and do things that completely change the dynamic before. These people aren’t mind readers, and their idea of “fun” isn’t always what I want, but when they make those kinds of changes, they aren’t usually willing to revert them. I use WoW and the infamous “skill pruning” or their crusade against flying as an example. They made the game completely unenjoyable for me.

I like that Zos is taking their time and adding things incrementally. It gives us time as customers to provide feedback before they go overboard with their ideas.
    • karekiz
      karekiz
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I am unsure what the OP means by "Gameplay changes". They will probably change some stuff or announce it later this year. JC will shake up the meta for a lot of people which is gameplay to me. Trial gearset we haven't seen. We can't claim anything on Mage guild 2.0 line. Some skills we don't even know how exactly they work <Med skill>.

Let it hit PTR and come back.

Also:

People don't do alik'r because the rewards. Its simply the closest wayshrine. Faster dolmens = faster xp. Unless you put triple <and I don't think that it would work in some zones> xp in a competitive dolmen you aren't gonna pull people out. Its not a bad idea, but it won't kill Alik'r at all.
    • Dragath
      Dragath
      ✭✭✭✭
      i still hope the Class changes, new Sets, Jewelry Traits and the Psijic Skill Line will bring some good additional to the Game, but i really would like them to concentrate more on gameplay related things then on huge Areas with lots of Quests and Story.
      But i guess that is what has to be expected in an Elder Scrolls Game.
    • Getern
      Getern
      ✭✭✭
      The Justice System Sage promised would do
    • SickDuck
      SickDuck
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Difficulty options and dynamic group play I’m all in. Especially the first one is really killing ESO.
      Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
    • Vhozek
      Vhozek
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      karekiz wrote: »
      I am unsure what the OP means by "Gameplay changes". They will probably change some stuff or announce it later this year. JC will shake up the meta for a lot of people which is gameplay to me. Trial gearset we haven't seen. We can't claim anything on Mage guild 2.0 line. Some skills we don't even know how exactly they work <Med skill>.

Also:

People don't do alik'r because the rewards. Its simply the closest wayshrine. Faster dolmens = faster xp. Unless you put triple <and I don't think that it would work in some zones> xp in a competitive dolmen you aren't gonna pull people out. Its not a bad idea, but it won't kill Alik'r at all.

And nobody ever said people do Alik'r for rewards. I said to add rewards to other zones so it gets people out of Alik'r.
    • Delta1038
      Delta1038
      ✭✭✭
      I will say I partially agree and partially disagree with the OP. I did not find Morrowind lacking, I thoroughly enjoyed the quests, story, and new gear. It would be nice to see additions made to skill trees, maybe new weapon variants for said trees, and tweaks to some mechanics like sneaking as well as more daily/weekly reward/challenges for both solo and group players. But if they deliver what they did with Morrowind I will be happy, fun new area to explore, quests, and gear, if they do that I am good.
      Xbox One NA
    • Seraphayel
      Seraphayel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I am still rooting for the yet unannounced stuff coming with Summerset (we will know more on Tuesday). If there isn't more than just Psijic and Jewelrycrafting it will be a very disappointing Chapter.
      Edited by Seraphayel on March 31, 2018 4:32PM
      PS5
      EU
      Aldmeri Dominion
      - Khajiit Arcanist -
    • Vhozek
      Vhozek
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Delta1038 wrote: »
      I will say I partially agree and partially disagree with the OP. I did not find Morrowind lacking, I thoroughly enjoyed the quests, story, and new gear. It would be nice to see additions made to skill trees, maybe new weapon variants for said trees, and tweaks to some mechanics like sneaking as well as more daily/weekly reward/challenges for both solo and group players. But if they deliver what they did with Morrowind I will be happy, fun new area to explore, quests, and gear, if they do that I am good.

If you have ever played TES games before, then you'd know that the Morrowind expansion is actually pretty *** in terms of content.
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      karekiz wrote: »

Also:

And nobody ever said people do Alik'r for rewards. I said to add rewards to other zones so it gets people out of Alik'r.

The problem with that is that, again, people do Alikr dolmens runs for the convenience and fast pace of exp gain. Same as Spellscar and Skyreach.

So if you want people to leave Alikr, either your rewards have to be good enough to outweigh the convenience of fast exp gain in a group that's ideal for low level characters or you have to make more locations convenient for exp grinding (probably not actually a great idea, this).

Because people grind in Auridon and Alikr for the convenient exp. People runs dolmens in Bangkorai and Deshaan and Rivenspire for the better rewards.

What are,you thinking of rewards for people keveling characters that would tempt them away from the most convenient sources of exp gain?
    • lucky_Sage
      lucky_Sage
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I hated the quest in morrowind. my biggest issue was the forced stealth quest if you didn't stealth you got a stupid bounty put on you for doing a quest. not to mention the god awful drug out telvani quest line with the power hungry stupid argonain. only reason I bought it was because of arenas which need a lot of improvement. its funny that a wrothgar had better questing and more to do than vvardenfel and was 10 dollars cheaper and a dlc not a "expansion"
      DC PC NA
      Magdk - main
      Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
      magdk
      magblade
      stamplar
      magden
      magsorc

• ParaNostram
      ParaNostram
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      You know what would make me happy.

N E C R O M A N C Y
      "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
      Bosmer Sorceress
      Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
      Order of the Black Worm
    • myskyrim26
      myskyrim26
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope ZOS are wise enough not to do this. If you want to play with others, find a guild. A lot of people in ESO are playing solo and they hate the very idea of playing in a group. And you're suggesting something that will FORCE people to group? I hope this hell will never happen to ESO

• Vhozek
      Vhozek
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      myskyrim26 wrote: »

I hope ZOS are wise enough not to do this. If you want to play with others, find a guild. A lot of people in ESO are playing solo and they hate the very idea of playing in a group. And you're suggesting something that will FORCE people to group? I hope this hell will never happen to ESO

Not even trying to force people to group. Adding bonuses to WB and dolmens for a short period of time isn't forcing anyone. Holy ***.
      If I wanted them to force people to group then I'd be saying to make the game impossible to play without first grouping.

[Edit to remove flaming]
      Edited by [Deleted User] on March 31, 2018 5:16PM
    • myskyrim26
      myskyrim26
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @Vhozek,
      Being rude and aggressive is so childish....
      I quoted your words:
      I don't want anything to bring people together, this is my opinion.
      And you still don't understand anything on dolmens? A lot of people already told you why people prefer some dolmens and will not leave them. You'd better read messages before answering and being so aggresive.
      Edited by myskyrim26 on March 31, 2018 4:53PM
    • Vhozek
      Vhozek
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @Vhozek,
      I quoted your words:
      And you still don't understand anything on dolmens? A lot of people already told you why people prefer some dolmens and will not leave them. You'd better read messages before answering and being so aggresive.

And nobody is implying to force people.
      It's obvious that forcing people is straight up NOT the way to do things, so it automatically removes it.
      Edited by Vhozek on March 31, 2018 5:00PM
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @Vhozek,
      I quoted your words:

And nobody is implying to force people.
      It's obvious that forcing people is straight up NOT the way to do things, so it automatically removes it.

Well, when you say things like anything to bring people together...

Also, one of the ways ZOS encouraged group content pre-One Tamriel was with forced grouping in Craglorn. So its not like there isn't some precedent.

That being said, I'm glad that you clarified that your aren't trying to force players to group, just wanting ZOS to encourage it.
    • myskyrim26
      myskyrim26
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @VaranisArano,
      Even encouraging any group activites is already a threat to solo players. Why at all encouraging people to group? Those who want to play togehter can do almost any existing content except quests like the one Prophet gives. If a player preferres playing solo, nothing will encourage him or her to group. Such a player will be trying to do this new content solo.
    • starkerealm
      starkerealm
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I also like the implication that we already know everything in the new content before the formal announcement. IIRC, we didn't find out about the Morrowind sustain changes until it hit the PTS.

As far as I can remember, every content drop has had some balance changes. Maybe we should hold off until we get more info.
    • starkerealm
      starkerealm
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Getern wrote: »
      The Justice System Sage promised would do

Yeah, that would be cool.
    • GallantGuardian
      GallantGuardian
      ✭✭✭✭
      lucky_Sage wrote: »
      I hated the quest in morrowind. my biggest issue was the forced stealth quest if you didn't stealth you got a stupid bounty put on you for doing a quest. not to mention the god awful drug out telvani quest line with the power hungry stupid argonain. only reason I bought it was because of arenas which need a lot of improvement. its funny that a wrothgar had better questing and more to do than vvardenfel and was 10 dollars cheaper and a dlc not a "expansion"

This post is so spot on for me ... I was very disappointed in morrowind... I don’t have the time to do Alts so warden was useless for me. I hate pvp so battlegrounds was useless. I am not in a large guild and how I play no one would want me in their group any way (I Templar tank which is good for dungeons but trials I wouldn’t wanna hear the constant complaints) so what was I left with morrowind a few selves and world bosses and some daily quests doesn’t much feel like an expansion to me ...

Summerset with the jewelry crafting and new skillnline already sounds better but I’m sure there won’t be any dungeons just delves and thus making most of it pointless for me

They are good about giving us dungeons between expansions but they charge too much for their expansions should be the price of wrothgar...

I quit the game back when morrowind dropped ... the sustain issues put me off and the fact that they screwed templars and continue to do so really puts me off

The change to repentance was unfair and uncalled for ...