Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Essential Housing Tools add-on available from Minion and ESOUI.com

R_K
R_K
✭✭✭✭✭
Fellow player housing enthusiasts.. <3
  • Have you ever wanted to tab target through those untargetable books inside of a bookcase?
  • Have you ever wished that you could move or even rotate an entire group of items at once?
  • Have you ever hoped that you could someday copy of a group of items and clone it? What about cloning it to a completely different house?

Now you can do all of that (and more) with Geezus Take The Heal's Essential Housing Tools.

Watch this quick video demonstration of Essential Housing Tools in action (2:05) ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jluNWyNoJ94&amp;t=6s&amp;list=PLxkqemlv6asgRrUcseQyVY4Zh_Jyiz-cq&amp;index=12
Available for download from Minion or from ESOUI.com at:
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1959-EssentialHousingTools.html

Quick Guide
After installing the add-on, set up the control keys using the Controls menu under the Housing Editor Essential Housing Tools section:
  • Select / Deselect
  • Tab Target
  • Copy (optional)
  • Paste (optional)
Tab Target/Cycle Through Adjacent Items
In Housing Editor mode...
  1. target any furniture item and hit the Tab Target key.
  2. Your cursor will now be holding the targeted item.
  3. Hit the Tab Target key subsequent time(s) to cycle through all of the items near to the starting item.
  4. Move/edit items as needed OR hit the Cancel key to exit without keeping any changes.
Multi-Select Items
In Housing Editor mode, target any furniture item and...
  • Press the Select/Deselect key. That item and all adjacent (contiguous) items will be selected; AND/OR,
  • Hold SHIFT + press the Select/Deselect key. That item and all adjacent (contiguous) items of the same type will be selected; AND/OR,
  • Hold ALT + press the Select/Deselect key. Only that item will be selected.
Multi-Edit Items
In Housing Editor mode, use the above instructions to select a group of items. The "Adjust Selection" window will appear. Click the position/rotation icons in the window to edit your entire selection at once, including moving the items as well as rotating the items. Also:
  • Hold SHIFT + Click to move or rotate the items in large increments; or,
  • Hold ALT + Click to move or rotate the items with precision; or,
  • Just Click to move or rotate the items in normal amounts.
Copy & Paste Items
In Housing Editor mode, use the above instructions to select a group of items. Then:
  1. Press the Copy key. The selected items will be copied to a virtual "clipboard".
  2. Then, face the area where you want to clone those items and hit the Paste key.
  3. Using items from your personal inventory only, the group will be copied into your home directly in front of your character.
  4. Optionally, you may first port to a different house that you own and then Paste the entire group there. (You're welcome :D)
As this is an early release, I would appreciate any and all feedback including Questions, Suggestions, Bugs (aka Features) or Comments.
And, as always, photos of your creations using this or any of my other Housing add-ons are always welcome if you'd like to share! Just @ mention me and I'll be sure to see them!
  • kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This looks spectacular! Can't wait to try it out!
    [EU PC]
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You, sir, are the Steely-eyed Missile Man! :smiley:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmniDo wrote: »
    You, sir, are the Steely-eyed Missile Man! :smiley:

@OmniDo You were the one who inspired this add-on! :smile: (which you know)
    Please let me know any suggestions or if you run into any issues! :smiley:
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    Most Def.
    Anxious to work with it ASAP!
    Only one quick question/suggestion (which you might have been considering anyway)

You mentioned that the addon copies furniture groups to the clipboard.
    Is there any chance for a save function to a file, or some external setup where we could select saved furniture "templates" and load them for use at a later time?

Something like, Save Template -> "Bookshelf 01 - Lorebooks"
    Then a "Load" option to select said template.

Another option, (though this is admittedly a wishlist item) would be the ability to export templates to other players who had the addon. I know, thats probably a bit more complex, if possible at all, but just an idea.

Thanks again for this!
    I cant wait to let my housing guild know. :smiley:
    Edited by OmniDo on April 1, 2018 4:52AM
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing I noticed was the peculiar behavior of the addon shorcut buttons.
    They have a tendency to stack on top of eachother, as shown below:
    Ewo4ly5.png

Not sure if there is anything that can be done about that, short of creating a separate UI section, but thought it might be worth mentioning.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing I noticed was the peculiar behavior of the addon shorcut buttons.
    They have a tendency to stack on top of eachother, as shown below:
    Ewo4ly5.png

Not sure if there is anything that can be done about that, short of creating a separate UI section, but thought it might be worth mentioning.

So I completely agree with you -- and I've added a "Hide Keybinds" option to this add-on (as well as a few of the others) so you can pick and choose which add-ons display their keybinds in that strip at the bottom. Thankfully, even if the keybinds are not displayed there, they still work.

In the meantime, you may want to just toggle that on to de-clutter your keybind strip. I want to possibly create a master "palette" window of some sort that can let you do all of these functions (in addition to the keybind route) to try to eliminate this issue. :smile:

(and thank you for the feedback! <3)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    Most Def.
    Anxious to work with it ASAP!
    Only one quick question/suggestion (which you might have been considering anyway)

You mentioned that the addon copies furniture groups to the clipboard.
    Is there any chance for a save function to a file, or some external setup where we could select saved furniture "templates" and load them for use at a later time?

Something like, Save Template -> "Bookshelf 01 - Lorebooks"
    Then a "Load" option to select said template.

Another option, (though this is admittedly a wishlist item) would be the ability to export templates to other players who had the addon. I know, thats probably a bit more complex, if possible at all, but just an idea.

Thanks again for this!
    I cant wait to let my housing guild know. :smiley:

In short -- Totes McGoats. This is all coming -- we're very, very much on the same page :wink: First, I plan to build a Dressing Room-esque window to allow you to "Paste" the "virtual clipboard" contents into any given Save slot and name it. But then, once this is built, it shouldn't be too hard to spit out the JSON data in a window that you can literally Cut & Paste to send to others to use. <3