The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamina Sorcerer Popularity

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    del9 wrote: »
    IMO sorcs of both colors are in a better place in non cp than in standard, especially in BGs. Passive damage and healing and streak mobility are great for BGs, Dark Deal very strong in noCP.

StamSorc overperforming? Probably not. But they are very nicely tuned for noCP BGs, And I won't play my warden as a spin-bot, so as long as NBs saturate BGs I am rocking that hurricane.

Wow saying that magsorc performs better in non CP is a huge mistake. Shields are the most weakened defensive without CPs. Killing magsorc in non CP is much easier then in CP.

Not if you build it right. You need high max magicka, about 12k stamina, and 1800 mag recovery. They smack in no CP because their burst is really high and endless fury/implosion execute is super strong.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    IMO sorcs of both colors are in a better place in non cp than in standard, especially in BGs. Passive damage and healing and streak mobility are great for BGs, Dark Deal very strong in noCP.

As far as straight-up fighting goes, magsorc definitely feels weaker in a no-CP environment. Our main defence—shields—gets double whammied by the loss of not only the Bastion CP star but also the boost to max mag that CP provides. Shields are really small in no-CP and having to constantly refresh them makes it incredibly difficult to find an offensive window against someone who knows how to pressure heavily.

The sheer mobility is great for playing objectives in BGs specifically, though.

I understand all this, but I have more of a problem with msorcs in nocp across multiple classes. There's a huge advantage to doing more with fewer skills used. Curse, wrath, surge, implosions all shine when sustain is universally nerfed. Hard to quantify that against CP stat modifiers. In CP group scenarios I only fear negates. In noncp group, I always know where the sorcs are. Given all numbers, from my side they still seem like much more of a factor. I know you don't play much CP @TheYKcid but any thought on ^?

As someone admittedly not currently playing my MagSorc, I agree with this.

Shield strength is still plenty; in noCP I can still unload a full burst combo on a sorc shield stack and not graze HP.

On medium armor builds I rarely eat a Sorc frag but still die to Curse+Wrath+weaves often because it can be can very hard to keep your health at full, especially in Xv1 or XvX skirmishes.

As for Stamsorc, I agree it's very strong but probably just right balance-wise. Medium armor Stamsorc feels oddly tanky to fight while still dishing insane burst. My only beef with them is obviously Implosion which most of us hate XD
    Edited by Solariken on March 30, 2018 6:06PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very impressed/stunned how adaptive StamSorcs are getting. My strategy was to fight them at range to stay away from their AoE of death.

Now I'm seeing many slotting Shrouded Daggers which is hitting for like 4-5k each time and it hits multiple times from range with the snare. Did I mention the ricocheted daggers are pulling from stealth? Then they swoop in at lightning speed and I'm in their AoE of death.

Back to shadowing my healer lol!
    Edited by brandonv516 on March 31, 2018 5:03PM
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Implosion...dark deal...passive stamina increase...passive stam regen boost...and hurricane...add in 2x XP event and trust me you will see even more soon. Oh almost forgot the most important part, an undodgeable cc that hits miles away.
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on March 31, 2018 8:39PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Had to necro this one because they got even more popular alongside their mag counterparts.

I ran with @Hutch679 recently and he just consumed all 8 other players grouped just using Hurricane, Dawnbreaker, and "Spin to Win" while I kept them in talons and DoTs on my magDK.

Just like all the other stamsorcs do in easy mode...
    Edited by brandonv516 on July 21, 2018 5:12AM
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had to necro this one because they got even more popular alongside their mag counterparts.

I ran with @Hutch679 recently and he just consumed all 8 other players grouped just using Hurricane, Dawnbreaker, and "Spin to Win" while I kept them in talons and DoTs on my magDK.

You necro’d this to brag about a group wipe? With all the new players in BGs, this can be done on any stam class.

From what I’ve seen stam sorcs really haven’t grown in popularity- mag sorcs sure. Lots of templars to deal w sloads, etc.

Also, against good players 2h is better on stam sorc.
    PCNA

• del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the “easy mode” @brandonv516 is referring to is getting matched against extremely inexperienced players because of funky MMR doings.
    PCNA

• ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage is so high that passive (hurricane) + active aoe (caltrops/whirlwind) is really good. I don't know if it's 'ezmode' but it's definitely easy to clean up with stamsorc because of that. Throw in some sloads procs and implosion (lol) or whatever and you're doing subsantial damage with very little effort to anyone who is anywhere near you.
    Edited by ecru on July 21, 2018 5:36PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You necro’d this to brag about a group wipe? With all the new players in BGs, this can be done on any stam class.

From what I’ve seen stam sorcs really haven’t grown in popularity- mag sorcs sure. Lots of templars to deal w sloads, etc.

Also, against good players 2h is better on stam sorc.

It wasn't a necro to brag. Who said anything about Sloads?

The trend is pretty stupid. I don't know your platform but if you play Xbox NA BGs you can see the trend. It's MagSorc then StamSorc-StamBlade.

I keep my distance from StamSorcs but their snares and AoE are ridiculous.

I hope these statistics are being followed by the combat dev team.