The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Cannot get past launcher on desktop, but able to play on laptop.

alluring_miasma
I have been trying to play on my desktop for a while now. It crashes as soon as I select play. I have repaired, uninstall, re-installed, and renamed the ProgramFile (as suggested on another post), but I am still failing to go past the launcher. I just tried playing on my laptop and it let me hit play and log in. There should not be any difference between the two launchers as I installed them at the same time and updated them at the same time. I've successfully started the game on my laptop.

It keeps giving me this message when I select play on my desktop from the launcher.
eso has stopped working.
[reporter]
version = 0.01

[extra]
ProductName = eso
Version = eso.live.1.0.0.956792
branch = live
client.executablebits = 32
client.mode = startup
client.renderertype = D3D11
client.session_start_timestamp = 2014-03-30T19:10:19.320Z
client.timestamp = 2014-03-30T19:10:19.389Z -frme 1-
cpu.arch = 0
cpu.count = 4
cpu.level = 6
cpu.type = 586
exe.buildnum = 956792
exe.opt = release
exe.reltype = public
exe.type = client
mem.physical = 8086
os.osbits = 64
os.platform = windows
os.version = 6.0.6002.Service Pack 2
ptime = 0
reportfield.ver = 3
version.major = 1
version.patch = 0
version.subpatch = 0

Desktop info:
Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz (dual core)
Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Windows Vista
Hard Drive Space: 1863 GB (1427 GB free)
Graphics Card: Not entirely sure on the version, but it is AMD brand. (DirectX 10) More details on a comment below.

Laptop info:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3537U CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz (dual core)
Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit Windows 8
Hard Drive Space: 447 GB (354 GB free)
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (DirectX 11 or better)
Edited by alluring_miasma on March 31, 2014 12:11PM
  • Skcamero
    Skcamero
    Soul Shriven
    I've been having the same issue as you, and sent the support team an email about it but have yet to hear back. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon, though I haven't seen many people having the same problem.
  • alluring_miasma
    I just don't want to bomb the support team with my issue when there are many with the same issue. I hope it does get fixed. But at least I am able to play on my laptop for now. Though it is pretty laggy.
  • Skcamero
    Skcamero
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, that's fair. I'm sure they have a lot going on right now. I was expecting it to be buggy and laggy, but I also expected to actually be able to get in haha.
  • alluring_miasma
    Lol. True true. If it makes it any better, it is terribly laggy in game. There are many mobs that attack me that I'm not able to see until I'm already dead. Lol.
  • Skcamero
    Skcamero
    Soul Shriven
    Oh that's not good. Well, might be better to wait until they get that sorted out then anyways lol. Launches are always messy. I'm sure they'll get it figured out eventually.
    Edited by Skcamero on March 30, 2014 8:01PM
  • alluring_miasma
    Eventually. Lol. Hopefully sooner than later though.
  • alluring_miasma
    First crash. Trying to escape to Tamriel. (Leaving the tutorial.)
    Edited by alluring_miasma on March 30, 2014 8:20PM
  • bulldogTWB
    bulldogTWB
    Soul Shriven
    IMHO not enough information... three things as of now, stick out to me...

1. Windows "VISTA'" a nightmare of a product (basic support ended in 2010 with extended [basic updates] until 2017).
    2. it would greatly help to know the video card... is it discreet (built into/on the MB) or is it indiscreet (an added card)?

Go to your device manager and review the display adapters... (if you are unsure how to do this let me know).

3. are you sure you do not have any portion of the game blocked to internet connectivity?

If it is a prebuilt unit (HP, Dell etc...) would help too.

The first 2 things I would recommend...
    1.make sure you have nothing blocking your connectivity for ESO.
    2. make sure Vista is up to date
    3. identify the video card and chipset, and ensure the drivers there are up to date.

As for the lag... I myself have seen some but not to the extent described.
    TWB's ESO Logo in Falmer and Dovakiin Language:

facebook.com/1411267252448184/photos/pb.1411267252448184.-2207520000.1401686939./1454209311487311/?type=3&theater

We all have dark corners in the circle of our mind.
    To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe.

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves".
  • alluring_miasma
    I am not very computer savvy, but my computer was built piece by piece in Jan 2013 with all new store bought pieces. As for the video card, it is indiscreet, and it is AMD brand. Not sure at all what version it is. And everything is up to date.

This is copied from my properties in the graphics section:
    Total available graphics memory 4811 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
    Dedicated system memory 0 MB
    Shared system memory 3787 MB
    Display adapter driver version 12.104.0.0
    Primary monitor resolution 1920x1080
    DirectX version DirectX 10

I beta tested a bit while on my desktop, and laptop, without any internet connection issues or lag of any kind. But ESO could have changed something or another in their updates that causes my desktop to have internet connection issues, but that would not explain why my laptop (which is on the same internet connection) works.

But just on a side note: I love Vista and I prefer it over Windows 7 or 8 any day (and I own all on different computers). But that's just me. :disagree:

• GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't get the beta to play (for long) on my Mac Pro either, but that was a dual-processor issue.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Skcamero
    Skcamero
    Soul Shriven
    I'm playing on a laptop with a discreet graphics card that is up to date with Windows 7 as the OS. I've checked and nothing should be blocking the connectivity. I was able to play the last few betas with no issues, and I've tried every solution I've come across online. Sadly I think the only thing left for me is to do a complete re-install. It's certainly a weird issue.
  • alluring_miasma
    Still having problems and cannot figure out what is wrong. :\
  • alluring_miasma
    I saw this format posted on another post. So I will post it here as well in hopes I get help as well.
    1. host.developer log file
    2. Launcher.Settings file (located in the \Zenimax Online\Launcher directory)
    3. A screenshot of your \Zenimax Online folder or a listing of any subfolders in your \Zenimax Online folder
    4. A screenshot of a right click + properties of the The Elder Scrolls Online or The Elder Scrolls Online EU folder to determine the size of the data you currently have.

You can also help us by providing answers to these four questions:
    1. Which environment were you patching when this happened? NA, EU, PTS?
    2. What region are you actually in geographically?
    3. What environment(s) are now showing in your patcher? NA, EU, PTS
    4. Is this a brand new install or is it being patched up from a previous version?
    1. host.developer log file: Attached
    2. Launcher.Settings file: Attached
    3. Listing of subforlders in \Zenimax Online Folder: Launcher, The Elder Scrolls Online
    4. Size of the data: Size: 1.20 KB (1,234 bytes), Size on disk: 4.00 KB (4,096 bytes)
    1. NA
    2. NA (IL, USA)
    3. NA
    4. At first patched up from Beta, and then after that did not work, I also uninstalled using the launcher and re-installed.
  • bulldogTWB
    bulldogTWB
    Soul Shriven
    Interesting re-post. Based on what you and the other person in need have posted. I was already leaning towards a botched update... as a possible cause.

For both of you, you are able to get to the launcher yes? In the top right hand corner is a pic of a cog wheel, next to the minimize... if you click it you are presented with a few options... one of which is "options" and the other is, "about"... The about provides the launcher ver. while the "option" lets you run "game consultant" the consultant can run tests... The consultant may provide insight and will create a report to pull information... such as your video card and driver information...

facebook.com/1411267252448184/photos/pb.1411267252448184.-2207520000.1401686939./1454209311487311/?type=3&theater

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves".
  • ZOS_MichaelD
    Greetings!

We have some General Troubleshooting that may solve this issue:

1.) Check your Graphics Drivers

You most likely have either a Nvidia or a AMD Graphics Card. Also, note if its neither, then you will most likely have an Integrated Card. This will not let the game run. Visit the Manufacturer's Website. Some examples include, http://www.nvidia.com and http://www.amd.com

2.) Windows Updates

Make sure your computer has all the latest updates. A key component could be missing, that's causing this issue.

3.) Antivirus Programs and Firewall

Make sure you add an exception for the game in BOTH of these areas. Alternatively, you could temporarily disable them, then re-enable them after your finished Troubleshooting.

4.) No Antivirus

It is advised, to make an effort to scan for unwanted background programs. A "Google" search will help in finding a program to preference.

If problem persists, please let us know! You may need a Support Ticket, for additional troubleshooting.
    Staff Post
  • sk0ht
    sk0ht
    I've been having this exact problem with an Nvidia GT240 that was able to run Beta fine. Will double check to make sure my Firewall is allowing it as an exception (at work now) but I've tried all the other suggestions here.

Any update?
  • bulldogTWB
    bulldogTWB
    Soul Shriven
    Opps I just notice an error on my part (sorry)... it is the "about" portion of the settings where you can select run tests.... and get a report... see my attached clip...

Having said that alluring_miasma go to your control panel and select devise manager... from there you can or should see video adapter... IMHO I would not utilize the ''update"driver button... I would go to the corresponding card Mfg site...

With one exception... prebuilt units such as HP etc.. tend to tweek their units so you want to visit their site first to see if they have an update driver...