The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

will we be able to upgrade dropped jewelry?

Milvan
Milvan
✭✭✭✭✭
Do we have any words from ZOS about that?
“Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The article currently states that you must own the expansion in order to interact with the jewelry crafting station. So at most you'll be able to pass on BoE jewelry to a player who owns the expansion to upgrade it for you (assuming it doesn't then make it bound to the crafters account), but you won't be able to upgrade BoP jewelry.
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes this should be pretty obvious tbh
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consider also:

-Crafting allows trait changes
    -old jewelry only had 3 traits
    -they’re adding 6 more new traits
    -upgrading items has always been a feature of crafting whether it’s drops or crafted stuff
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consider also:

-upgrading items has always been a feature of crafting whether it’s drops or crafted stuff

Yeah, but take in consideration that ZOS were always very conservative concerning wanting people to run through content. They will just give up on veteran trials like that?
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
  • XGCAlbatr0ss
    XGCAlbatr0ss
    ✭✭✭
    What if there are new rewards for vet trials lurking around the corner and they are being hush hush about it??? I hear what your saying but im always optomistic.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a huge trial runner, but I see a lot of assumptions about why people run vet trials. For myself, gold jewelry is pretty low on the list of reasons to run vet trials.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »
    Do we have any words from ZOS about that?

Based on current upgrade mechanics, I would say so. We can already upgrade dropped armor and weapons. The only caveat is that you'll need to have the expansion in order to use the new jewelcrafting stations.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, it isn't that hard they could just come up and say yes or no. No explanation needed.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like to pump up threads. Tho, this is quite a simple question.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Have mercy, it's early morning where they are. Probably not even in the offices yet.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have mercy, it's early morning where they are. Probably not even in the offices yet.

grumpy-cat-nogrumpy-cat-sunday-true-stories-with-gill-xmzwolqw.jpg

• UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly think that they will only allow you to craft jewelry with new traits, meaning no re-trait on BOP or BOE jewelry. If not cryodil will burn with every stamina toon around running robust vicious death....
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consider also:

Yeah, but take in consideration that ZOS were always very conservative concerning wanting people to run through content. They will just give up on veteran trials like that?

As I've stated in various other threads. I could honestly see them restricting deconstruction as the only source of jewelry upgrade mats . I.E. - You must deconstruct a gold ring/neck to get the gold temper(s) needed to upgrade another ring/neck. This will create a secondary market for currently "worthless" gold jewelry like so many I see listed in traders that people have received from Rewards of the Worthy in Cyrodil.

This may seem like the upgrade mats will be exceedingly expensive in this format, and that would most likely be the result, but I see that as a great way to maintain the relevance of gold jewelry and prevent it from becoming so easy to make that you see level 4 gold training jewelry on alts.

*Note - This is all pure conjecture, and I have no evidence to back up my theory. It's just an educated guess.
    Edited by Feric51 on March 29, 2018 6:46PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also keep in mind, in order to learn the new traits to craft we are going to need to research them. And in order to research them, those traits will have to be added to the loot table. So, you may have the opportunity to grind out a robust seventh legion ring or one in a new trait even if you don't own the expansion. All speculation. But how else would they introduce the traits for a crafter to research?
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Also keep in mind, in order to learn the new traits to craft we are going to need to research them. And in order to research them, those traits will have to be added to the loot table. So, you may have the opportunity to grind out a robust seventh legion ring or one in a new trait even if you don't own the expansion. All speculation. But how else would they introduce the traits for a crafter to research?

Yes, I fully agree with your assumption on the future of jewelry. I too foresee that every jewelry piece will have the chance to drop in any/all of the 9 traits. (Similar to how Briarheart jewelry can drop in any of the current three traits). What this will lead to now is a new grind for the BiS jewelry trait drops for those who don't have enough crystals to transmute, or if jewelry transmutation is not implemented (not likely).

Everyone is geeking out about the 6 new traits, but there's bound to be the jewelry equivalent of Invigorating or Training (I'm actually hoping for training to be added to jewelry so I can add 30% more xp gain to my leveling gear). The new traits will be tweeked (read: nerfed) during PTS anyway, and there will most likely be 2-3 new ones that work their way into the meta, and all the rest will be niche at best.

Sorry, went on a little tangent there. TL;DR - All jewelry will most likely drop, RNG style, in any of the upcoming 9 traits.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4987268#Comment_4987268
    Hey everyone, wanted to clear a few things up for you. Summerset is required to use any Jewelry Crafting Stations found in Tamriel. If you don’t own Summerset, you will still be able to find Jewelry Crafting resource nodes to sell, and you will also be able to purchase crafted jewelry from others. Set jewelry will be BoE, non-set will not be bound. Additionally, you will not be able to deconstruct any jewelry you're currently holding onto prior to Summerset launch.

We're currently working on a very extensive Jewelry Crafting article that we plan to publish before we start the next PTS cycle, which will hopefully answer a lot more questions.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • ZOS_Edward
    ZOS_Edward
    Community Rep
    Hi @Milvan,

Gina just answered this today in reference to players stocking up on jewelry right now.
    Additionally, you will not be able to deconstruct any jewelry you're currently holding onto prior to Summerset launch.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Can you clarify this statement? I interpreted it as even those that own Summerset and can access the jewelrycrafting stations cannot deconstruct jewelry that was looted from before the Summerset expansion.

She also said nothing about upgrading or transmuting jewelry you already own. I guess we really need to read that upcoming article.

You will still be able to upgrade, transmute, or even research existing jewelry. You just won't be able to deconstruct it.

So yes, you will be able to upgrade jewelry, along with the other crafting options you're familiar with. As stated in the post Majulok quoted above, there will be a more extensive article on the new Jewelry Crafting system coming out soon that will dig into more of the things players want to know about this upcoming system.
    Staff Post
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Robust Dreugh King Slayer jewelry.

lmdnmcv.gif