The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

why are my live characters showing up on the test server?

jimmulvaney
jimmulvaney
✭✭✭
Fairly new to the PTS so please forgive any naivete. Long story short, my live characters are on the PTS as well as the live NA server. I did not make any request to transfer them over but there they are.

Long Version - After a quick crafting writ session on the live server I signed out, exited, and without closing the launcher, opened up the PTS, signed in, was asked for an IP verification and when the character select screen loaded, my live characters were the only options I had. I know I did not try to replicate them or anything, because the only PTS char I had was a Fem Imperial I was testing out in VMA, when my live char is a Male Nord who lives at the Flamming Nix in Mournhold, as well as a Fem Redguard who I only leveled enough to get the 1st housing storage. Sure enough, when I loaded the Nord Male, he was not only int he same location, but had all of the achievements I have acquired since early access. Not possible, seeing as how I only recently installed the PTS and had a single Fem Imperial to try and learn VMA with. Who is now no longer an option on the character select screen.

Side note - though I have all but given up on VMA, I opened the PTS to see if I could sample the Bouyant Arminger style with the Outfit system, via the Crown store (for the 1 Crown cost), will we be getting that option on the PTS any time soon?

Any insight, would be appreciated. TIA.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS chooses when your live characters copy over. You have no control over it.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS copies the entire server over to PTS, and they alternate between EU and NA PC servers.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Side note - though I have all but given up on VMA, I opened the PTS to see if I could sample the Bouyant Arminger style with the Outfit system, via the Crown store (for the 1 Crown cost), will we be getting that option on the PTS any time soon?

All the motif style books are on the template characters, @jimmulvaney, including the not yet released Worm Cult motif.

Simply create a new template character, transfer the Buoyant Armiger book to the bank, then retrieve and learn on your main crafter.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All the motif style books are on the template characters, @jimmulvaney, including the not yet released Worm Cult motif.

Simply create a new template character, transfer the Buoyant Armiger book to the bank, then retrieve and learn on your main crafter.

Or just make a new character, learn all of the motif styles, and since the outfit system is in collections, just log into your other characters to check out. No need to involve the bank.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, they just did a character copy recently so that's why you'll see them very identical.
  • jimmulvaney
    jimmulvaney
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome thanks for the replies, and tips everyone! Much appreciated.