Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do we have to purchase chapters twice?

ogxfubar
ogxfubar
Last year, during Morrowinds pre order, my wife and I were countries apart.
So we sucked it up and paid twice for the chapter.

This year we live together and sit beside one another every night playing the game that bought us together.

However if my wife and I want the $59.99 bundle for all the bells and whistles... Even if it's just to share summerset. We are still required to pay 80 to 120 dollars just to play together.

Is this really how I'm seeing it or can we share summerset someway?
  • pky1029
    pky1029
    ✭✭
    New chapter and dlcs are bound to your eso account. I don’t think it is possible to share it.
    Edited by pky1029 on March 22, 2018 1:55PM
  • Saladin
    Saladin
    ✭✭✭
    If you are each running an instance of the game on separate PCs, you would of course each need the new chapter.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saladin wrote: »
    If you are each running an instance of the game on separate PCs, you would of course each need the new chapter.

This is the Xbox technical support section. They are asking because you can game share things on Xbox but for some reason ZoS got Microsoft to give them special treatment and make the chapters not shareable
  • ogxfubar
    ogxfubar
    This is still a thing then. It's ridiculous, I mean we are together because of elder scrolls so we pay it. But eats away at income like a MOFO. It's a shame we can't just share the DLC, I don't even care for the bundle packs.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You use two accounts? You have to pay twice. I don't see what's wrong with that.

Otherwise I want a secondary account with everything unlocked as well.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • ogxfubar
    ogxfubar
    FakeFox wrote: »
    You use two accounts? You have to pay twice. I don't see what's wrong with that.

Well what about every other game we only pay for once and both play. It was never a complaint, I was seeing if it was still a thing for two purchases.

Also said I don't care for two purchases but finding out if I still had too.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I game-share on Xbox with a friend. Every other game/DLC/Season-pass that we buy is shared with each-other legally as Xbox game share is meant to be used in such a way.

Morrowind for some reason is the ONLY thing in both of our libraries that doesn't share and it's odd.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just so that I understand. The share function lets you play online games at the same time on two different accounts and consoles with individual progression and saves?
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • ogxfubar
    ogxfubar
    Just so that I understand. The share function lets you play online games at the same time on two different accounts and consoles with individual progression and saves?

That's correct, one Xbox live subscription provides everyone in the house Xbox live.

I set my Xbox accounts "home" to my. Wife's and visa versa. Voila our complete 175 odd game collection of single and multi-player games are available. All DLC for each game is also shared. So we only buy once.

Heck, for whatever reason I installed a game via disc and she can also play it without the disc. Which isn't normal but we are happy with it.

But ZOS don't allow for anything but the base game to be shared. All expansions after that, not having it. Idc so much for the eso plus, cause we both happily pay that on top each month. Would have just been nice they fix or remove the paid chapters limitation so we can share the base chapter with each other
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ogxfubar wrote: »

That's correct, one Xbox live subscription provides everyone in the house Xbox live.

I set my Xbox accounts "home" to my. Wife's and visa versa. Voila our complete 175 odd game collection of single and multi-player games are available. All DLC for each game is also shared. So we only buy once.

Heck, for whatever reason I installed a game via disc and she can also play it without the disc. Which isn't normal but we are happy with it.

But ZOS don't allow for anything but the base game to be shared. All expansions after that, not having it. Idc so much for the eso plus, cause we both happily pay that on top each month. Would have just been nice they fix or remove the paid chapters limitation so we can share the base chapter with each other

Ah ok, my argument was that it makes sense for ESO to generally not be shared. Would really fit their policy and financial concept. But if you can actually share the base game this indeed makes no sense.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah ok, my argument was that it makes sense for ESO to generally not be shared. Would really fit their policy and financial concept. But if you can actually share the base game this indeed makes no sense.

Yup base game can be shared but not Morrowind. Summerset will be granted the same special exception by Microsoft I would imagine. I would love to hear from ZoS on how this happens.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not get the upgrade instead of the full version? This way you save quite a few $/€ :wink: Or is there no upgrade for the xbox?
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »
    Why not get the upgrade instead of the full version? This way you save quite a few $/€ :wink: Or is there no upgrade for the xbox?

There's an upgrade but I think they wanted the special edition
  • ogxfubar
    ogxfubar

My wife would like the upgrade, which is fine, but still another 90 dollars for one collectors edition and one upgrade.

I mean I've paid and will be paying, it's one of those things. I didn't know if the exception they got from Microsoft was still valid or if they got it fixed.

I spoke with someone from Microsoft during Morrowind who said it should not happen and they were suppose to message me back and never ended up doing so.

So even Microsoft said it shouldn't have happened
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should need to pay for once for each to play. Once did you and once for your wife.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

My wife would like the upgrade, which is fine, but still another 90 dollars for one collectors edition and one upgrade.

I mean I've paid and will be paying, it's one of those things. I didn't know if the exception they got from Microsoft was still valid or if they got it fixed.

I spoke with someone from Microsoft during Morrowind who said it should not happen and they were suppose to message me back and never ended up doing so.

Ok this is starting to get interesting now. What's really going on here ? Morrowind being excluded from game share when it shouldn't be according to Microsoft? I think I might have to put in a call to them myself.... something stinks here.
  • ogxfubar
    ogxfubar
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Ok this is starting to get interesting now. What's really going on here ? Morrowind being excluded from game share when it shouldn't be according to Microsoft? I think I might have to put in a call to them myself.... something stinks here.

I may be able to even find the conversation too
  • Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭
    What truly bothers me is the fact that if we already bought Morrowind AND we buy Summerset, we don't get a 2nd copy of Morrowind, but if you don't already own it then you get it. We have 2 xboxes, 2 copies of Eso, 1 copy of Morrowind...yet someone who doesn't buy Morrowind as a launch day purchase GETS it unlocked as an included bonus for buying Summerset when a person who has already given them their money won't get a 2nd copy of it to use on another player's xbox for them to enjoy Morrowind?

What the hell kind of backwards BS logic is that? So if you don't spend money on it, you can have it for free...and the Summerset purchase costs the same amount. As a launch buyer, you don't deserve to have it included? Your money isn't worth the same amount as the person who didn't support it at launch? Does it make any sense that a version containing 2 different offerings is the same amount... ZOS care to explain? The way I see it is I pay the same dollar amount as the person who gets a free 20 dollar value included in their purchase so why isn't mine 20 dollars less then? I'm also live chatting Microsoft them this weekend. I'll update with my findings.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

I may be able to even find the conversation too

I would be very interested if you could find it
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For this specific game the xbox add-on category items do not allow shared access on a home console so

Yes, each unique xbox gamertag has to purchase their own game (even if its a disc) because the disc is just the base game and the DLC is on a code in the box.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501