Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why did some people get 5day early access and I got a 3 day?

kryptonitegamer
I purchased the collectors edition, why is my gamestop code only for a 3 day early access when so many people have a 5 day?
  • Vladnarellian
    Thats the one without the imperial and horse right that was a bit cheaper? Its the one ive gone for so 3 days it is....let the dust settle and take em by storm ;=)
  • kryptonitegamer
    It should have came with it. I payed like 100bucks for the physical copy?
  • Moobs
    Moobs
    ✭✭✭

This link is for the xbox one version, which hasn't been released yet....
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    the 5 day early access was only via online purchase on the eso site. other retailers give you 3 days early access. this was posted on their site clearly. so hang in there one more day and you'll be able to enjoy the game!
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • charmtrapb14a_ESO
    charmtrapb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    GMG customers got 5-days as well...I did anyway.
  • nenzo
    nenzo
    Soul Shriven
    imperial edition is supposed to give you 5 days early access , only difference , from site u got 5 days access from all pre-orders
  • AnitIam
    AnitIam
    I have the same problem. I was on the phone with GameStop all day.

They told me to call Zenimax Online Studios at 301-926-8300.

GameStop stated that Zenimax had only given them 500 5-day early access codes. It was a "first come first serve" deal.

None of the TOS of my purchase say anything about limited number of codes. My Physical Imperial Edition was purchased Jan 29, 2014.

One of the customer support reps at GameStop had the gall to tell me that if I had purchased their Game Informer magazine I could have read the terms of the offer and known that there were a limited number of the 5 day early access codes.

To add insult to injury GameStop never sent ANY early access code. I had to call them only to be duped into getting a three day code.
    GameStop had four months to notify early pre-order customers about the change. They did not.

I urge anyone with this issue to log a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Go through your records. If you never received notice that the offer was limited to 500 codes that may be cause for the FTC to look into online fraud. https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov

I have contacted ZOS and GameStop on at least three occasions and both sides have stopped responding. My educated guess is that they are just waiting us out.

What is really insulting is that I get a tweet from @TESOnline because they were concerned about customer's who purchased the game today(3/30/2014) and couldn't apply their 5-day early access code. I also received an email from GameStop advertising 5-day early access if you purchase the digital Imperial edition today! Salt in the wounds.

I've been in beta since Feb. so I know they have a great game... I just hope that statue, map, and book are worth it.
  • schan122
    schan122
    I agree, even throughout the emailing marketing from Zenimax - I was told that purchasing the physical imperial edition copy would provide me a 5 day early access code. I think it's definitely false advertising and this should definitely be reported unless Zenimax really attempts to compensate players.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The store has pinched the codes, as simple as that. All CE editions come with 5 days regardless of where bought from, Zenimax advertised correctly.

Probably so they and their friends can buy the standard edition and have 5 days early access, and are giving you their standard edition codes instead.

It's the store that's at fault, but this is not the first time I've seen this sort of thing, maybe if game publishers refused to supply such stores unless positive action is taken against those doing this, the stores senior bosses might take a real interest in keeping their customers happy
    Edited by Ojustaboo on March 31, 2014 8:23AM
  • AnitIam
    AnitIam
    Ojustaboo wrote: »
    The store has pinched the codes, as simple as that. All CE editions come with 5 days regardless of where bought from, Zenimax advertised correctly.

I don't think it's as simple as that. GameStop is a national retailer in the US. The three occasions I contacted support I spoke to a person in Latin America, the Ukraine, and North America. Small companies don't outsource customer support.
    I think that the contract that they struck with ZOS was poorly handled and very short sighted. Even with the subscription controversy and the brouhaha about 'pay gates' the Elder Scrolls franchise is too popular not to have a head start in the market. The demand should have been taken into consideration. Shame on the front office for under estimating ESO.

I am disappointed that ZOS didn't act and help out the customers who went out of their way to spend money on the collector's edition. It's just bad customer service which is odd because I was lead to believe that ZOS had an exceptional staff. I would think that management would step up but that is not the corporate way. They put the support staff in the line of fire and hide until the shouting is done. Just a 16 short hours until they can come out from behind their rocks and pretend the launch was a sweeping success.