The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Solved]Account Creation/Linking Failed

Neirymn
Neirymn
✭✭✭✭
Hey,

I was playing on PS4 and had no issues with ESO but not so long ago I decided to sell my PS4 and get myself an Xbox One instead (Very fond of the backward compatibility). I bought ESO again on Xbox and launched the game but I can't manage to link my Xbox account with my already existing ESO account, every time I enter my ID + password and confirm, it says "Account Creation/Linking Failed" and something like "Server connection time out, please try again later.".

My internet connection is just fine, the Xbox Live too, it's the same exact ID and password I use to log in my ESO account (I loged into my ESO account just to be sure in case I misspelled anything) and I wasn't long enough to cause a "time out".

I submitted a ticket but if anyone can help me solve this issue faster, it'd be very much appreciated. :)
Edited by Neirymn on March 27, 2018 8:07PM
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I tried to solve the problem myself and it ended up worse. As I couldn't link my existing ESO account to my Xbox live account, I tried creating a new one and it worked. So I edited my first account, the one with my PSN linked, to change the UserID and e-mail so I can use them again on my newly created ESO account. I unlinked my PSN account too in the hope I could link it to the new ESO account.

Then I went back to my new ESO account and changed the UserID and e-mail, now everything is like my first account but I noticed that I unlinked my Xbox account too by mistake (must have been confused when switching accounts)... Now when I log into the EU megaserver, I am asked to link or create an account again, the problem is that linking an existing account still doesn't work and now creating a new one doesn't either! It says that my Xbox live account is already linked or the e-mail is incorrect.

Thus playing the game I bought on two consoles is unplayable. I submitted another ticket from the account recovery form as I can't manage to log into the support, though I have no issues loging into my 2 ESO accounts...

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Is there something you could do to help, pretty please ?
    Edited by Neirymn on March 26, 2018 12:50PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @senhavran

Please check your inbox for an update on the support ticket and your issue with linking accounts.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @ZOS_BillE I'll check it ou right away!