The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't get new free account to login for free to play account?

Jayman1000
Jayman1000
✭✭✭✭✭
Im trying to create another account to have it for free to play weekend; it's an account for my kids to see if it's something for them, so we can play together. However when I try to login it just says "Login Failed. Your username or password may be incorrect or inactive at this time.". I have checked the usernames and password several times and I have no problems logging in to the website. Somehow it seems that it is not being allowed to participate in the play for free weekend. Why is this?

And yes I did create a support ticket. But how long before I get an answer and solution through that? Probably not before after the 27th where the event has ended....
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    Im trying to create another account to have it for free to play weekend; it's an account for my kids to see if it's something for them, so we can play together. However when I try to login it just says "Login Failed. Your username or password may be incorrect or inactive at this time.". I have checked the usernames and password several times and I have no problems logging in to the website. Somehow it seems that it is not being allowed to participate in the play for free weekend. Why is this?

And yes I did create a support ticket. But how long before I get an answer and solution through that? Probably not before after the 27th where the event has ended....

It took close to 30 hours for them to respond to my ticket regarding the same issue, and it was simply a copy paste of the free play week ad itself. I have tried with a new account and an existing account; neither of them work.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »

It took close to 30 hours for them to respond to my ticket regarding the same issue, and it was simply a copy paste of the free play week ad itself. I have tried with a new account and an existing account; neither of them work.

I ended up creating another new account (had to register a new free hotmail because the one I used before was now taken by the non-functional account...) through their free to play creation form. It seems that you absolutely need to use that form when creating the account. If not, then the account will be screwed and there seems to be nothing you can do, except create an entirely new account through the play for free account creation form.

oh and btw, I will warn you against using the play to free installer to install the game. It comes with something called Gorilla box. Also called GLoader in the installed programs list. This s****y piece of software lodged itself to windows startup, so what it did was on every windows login it would start gorillabox which would then launch the eso launcher. And there is no way to stop it from launching; if you use msconfig or task manager to see if you can disable the startup entry for it, you get disappointed because it's not listed there. Then I tried uninstalling GLoader but the uninstaller did nothing everytime I tried (it would just sit idle in memory using no cpu, doing nothing forever. So I couldn't uninstall it. I ended up having to get hold of a copy of Revo uninstaller pro to unistall it. I tried to login with the working account through another computer that just had a regular eso install (no GLoader or Gorillabox) and that worked fine. So my advice would be to be very wary of that piece of software and just download using the normal client. But do the account creation through the free to play website form.
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had an old installer that didn't include any of that. A simple google search can bring up where I found the installer for ESO, and it obviously updates itself.

For anyone else reading this and can't get in, just use the link I post at the end to make an account. You HAVE to use this link if you didn't use it previously when that account was made or it will not work.

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/free-trial