The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How to fix stamina

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
1) Make heavy attack slow you, like channeling staff heavy attacks
2) Lower the range where heavy malee attacks can hit (idk why but it's 5m circa from the target)
3) give Magicka a snare removal

Whatcha think?
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, and why would anyone want this? Oh that’s right new people.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

Whatcha think?

Use purge.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »

Whatcha think?

Use purge.

purge costs 8k magicka.

[Edited to remove baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on March 26, 2018 1:41PM
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Better yet revamp all stam class's and morphs so stam class's arn't dependent on weapon skills and dawnbreaker for 100% of their damage.

Every magika class is a completely different playstyle and setup, every stamclass is the exact same pile of crap with a new gimmic.

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on March 27, 2018 12:47AM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the nerf ideas but I do hope the Psijic skill line comes with a magicka snare/root immunity!
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2) Lower the range where heavy malee attacks can hit (idk why but it's 5m circa from the target)

Whatcha think?

No its magicka that needs to be buffed, the sustain is terrible.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The melee heavy attack range is definitely way too generous, in fact I remember testing with someone long ago and the distance from which it clips you is ridiculous.

The movement speed decrease as with staves is a good point, there's no reason why a heavy attack from a melee weapon shouldn't do the same, especially since it has the potential to be very beneficial with lots of stamina returned.

As for magicka snare removal, I'd rather see the entire snaring aspect of the game re-done and balanced better with a major/minor snare system.
  • Yubarius
    Yubarius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »

Whatcha think?

Use purge.

purge costs 8k magicka.

[Edited to reflect original quote]

Also, why in the love of Talos does Shuffle and FM remove ALL SNARES, while the only option for mag is forced to run vamp and use garbage elusive mist, or purge that at best costs 5k mana and only removes 2 effects?
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on March 26, 2018 1:42PM
    • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
    • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
    • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
    • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
    • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
    • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
    • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
    • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is more like ''how to kill stamina''.
    Stam used to be total garbage for soooooo damn long. I understand you want your free kills back guys.
    Sorry that you won't get what you want though.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget to nerf bleeds :D
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1) lack of variety in magika weapons
    2)resources bonus dmg killing any hybric possibility
    3)Momentum locked behind 2h
    4)Stamina ultimates (except incap) are either glitched, high costing, lackluster. They all move aside for Dawnbreaker.
    5)proc sets
    6)poisons
    7)cp

These are the reasons why magika users are hating. These are the reasons why stam users ask for stamina morphs. These are the reasons why ppl are frustrated. Ppl have become BORED if BiS. Totally BORED.

Every class can 1vX. Only with the meta build.

Just as much magika users are annoyed by the:
    Dawnbreaker execution vigor momentum Reverb Bash, 2h/SnB gap closers, just as much stamina users are BORED of them.

Stamina users are annoyed by the same old shieldstacking, perma healing, perma cloaking robes that swap: staffs for ranged weaving, DW for PASSIVE STATS, SnB for good ol magDK.
    I bet magika users are bored of that as well and they want new magika weapons to help them bring out a different playstyle based on the identity of their class.

I dont understand why this mag vs stam is still going on and yiu dont fill the forums with posts saying:

1)remove resource bonus dmg
    2)remove CP
    3)remove poisons
    4)remove proc sets
    (ALL OF WHICH ARE BORING PASSIVE STATS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ACTION COMBAT)
    5)Bring more magika weapons
    6)Bring 2 more stamina morphs per class.
    7)strengthen the identity of each class. Remove OP byproducts from class skills.

I guess your hate is too strong.
    I guess you want everything.
    Stay on the same track. Get nothing.

(Inspired by a fellow that says that all stamina users are the same. Duh... we dont have stamina morphs)
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on March 25, 2018 11:00PM
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ***Nerf Defile, nerf bleeds.***

Both magicka and stamina benifit.

Bleeds and defile together are far too powerful alone, and when combined lead to unbeatable builds.

Example

Player A is stam

He uses-

Reverb Bash
    1h Axe procs bleed damage
    Has oblivion enchant on 1 bar
    Resource poison on back bar
    Shield breaker set
    Has CP into shattering blows.

Player B is magic

He is dead because all of the above are easily accesible abilites for every stam class and there are Zero Magic equivalent counters for any of them unlesss you are a magic templar.

And if you aren't, then you are dead. Because trying to run Purge will kill your resources with a whopping 8 thousand magic cost, you CANNOT sustain that in ANY fight no matter what race, class, or armor setup you attempt to run to cheapen the cost.

So, tone down Defile, and bleeds by about 10-15%

That will even out the PvP playing field and will leave PvE alone
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on March 25, 2018 11:15PM
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest 3rd morp options but they cant make 2 viable morps half of the time.

[Edit to remove quoted content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on March 27, 2018 1:47AM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina is out of control in PvP. All you see is Stamnbs and Stamdens. Their sustain is better, their defense abilities are better (evading every attack, roll dodge, gap closers), their burst damage is better. I don't think Stamina must be nerfed but Magicka must be buffed. Sustain as a MagDPS is horrible and you're chances on breaking free/getting away with the tiny amount of Stamina you have is mostly impossible at the moment. Fix Magicka sustain.

Oh and why is Destro Staff so bad for PvP? I'd love to have something like 2hand for Magicka. Heal, buff, execute, cheap and very strong spammable. Instead we have the super expensive Clench. Thanks for that.
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 25, 2018 11:27PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Stamina is out of control in PvP. All you see is Stamnbs and Stamdens. Their sustain is better, their defense abilities are better (evading every attack, roll dodge, gap closers), their burst damage is better. I don't think Stamina must be nerfed but Magicka must be buffed. Sustain as a MagDPS is horrible and you're chances on breaking free/getting away with the tiny amount of Stamina you have is mostly impossible at the moment. Fix Magicka sustain.

Oh and why is Destro Staff so bad for PvP? I'd love to have something like 2hand for Magicka. Heal, buff, execute, cheap and very strong spammable. Instead we have the super expensive Clench. Thanks for that.

"Stamina is out of control in PvP... all you see is NB and warden"

How is stamina out of control when you listed 40% of the stamina builds?
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on March 25, 2018 11:51PM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol dead sea over here....
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone’s been getting their ass kicked by stam classes.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Stamina is out of control in PvP... all you see is NB and warden"

How is stamina out of control when you listed 40% of the stamina builds?

Because Stamina + their specific class makes it quite OP. And it isn't just NB and Warden. It's Stamina in general (2hand / bleed builds).
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Someone’s been getting their ass kicked by stam classes.

When most battlegrounds have 80% Stamina specs you know there is something wrong.
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 26, 2018 6:34AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

To be real with you this is only a case for nbs and wardens.

And that doesnt even stop magblade from being the best 1v1 spec while also being very strong open world with a melee build.

When I look at magplar and magDK, both outshine their stamina specs, at everything but mobility.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 26, 2018 6:54AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatcha think?

Yeah I'm ok with this.

On 3. I think 50% of CCs should use Magika to break free. Like fear, etc. Magika classes have to be part hybrid in PvP and run Purple food, to have enough stamina managment and that's a bit naff compared to Stamina who can max one stat.

It would be one change that brings huge balance.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Efficient Purge is there. And don't screw stam dps like this.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be real with you this is only a case for nbs and wardens.

And that doesnt even stop magblade from being the best 1v1 spec while also being very strong open world with a melee build.

When I look at magplar and magDK, both outshine their stamina specs, at everything but mobility.

Every StaminaDPS in PvP is strong due to 2h/bleeds being too "good" for PvP. It is not just Warden and Nightblade.

And I agree, Magicka NBs are insane. Crazy sustain and self healing/defense and good damage/escape tools.
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 26, 2018 8:02AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Efficient Purge is there. And don't screw stam dps like this.

Efficient purge costs like shuffle,vigor and rally combined. And removes 2 effects
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Taking bleed builds as reference for stam balance is a joke. That's like taking Duroks builds for magicka as balance reference (which are stronger currently). Go and play a stam Dk or stamplar if you think they have more defense and better sustain, good luck with that.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Taking bleed builds as reference for stam balance is a joke. That's like taking Duroks builds for magicka as balance reference (which are stronger currently). Go and play a stam Dk or stamplar if you think they have more defense and better sustain, good luck with that.

Actually, at least. Duroks it' s a set you need to sacrifice that gives you nothing but major defile.
    Bleeds are pretty much free
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Actually, at least. Duroks it' s a set you need to sacrifice that gives you nothing but major defile.

And yet I see defile mag builds dominating duels and not bleed builds :D I wouldn't call stam defense strong if a heavy armor bleed build with Brass and Troll King dies to a defile magplar ^^
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem with Stamplar and Stamdk are the same for MagDK and Magplar - both classes are quite underwhelming right now. That doesn't justify the overwhelming power of Stamina builds at the moment though.
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 26, 2018 10:05AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And yet I see defile mag builds dominating duels and not bleed builds :D I wouldn't call stam defense strong if a heavy armor bleed build with Brass and Troll King dies to a defile magplar ^^

Bleed builds are prevalent in duels AND cyrodill

If you use Durok in cyrodill you die
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The problem with Stamplar and Stamdk are the same for MagDK and Magplar - both classes are quite underwhelming right now. That doesn't justify the overwhelming power of Stamina builds at the moment though.

But they aren't overwhelming, only Nb and Warden are a bit too strong (and that only because Cloak/Shimmering Shield). Mag has Ele Drain which equals 600 magregen, stam barely has any stam class morphs for dots (= less pressure) and can facetank much less (stam heals are garbage and dodge has a stacking cost). Yes, bleeds are a bit too strong, but you can just use Defile against them and call it a day.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But they aren't overwhelming, only Nb and Warden are a bit too strong (and that only because Cloak/Shimmering Shield). Mag has Ele Drain which equals 600 magregen, stam barely has any stam class morphs for dots (= less pressure) and can facetank much less (stam heals are garbage and dodge has a stacking cost). Yes, bleeds are a bit too strong, but you can just use Defile against them and call it a day.

Stamina has much better PvP weapons. 2h is incredibly powerful because it offers so much. Destro Staff in comparison is not good. It's bad.

They are overwhelming. What is used more often in PvP, Magicka or Stamina? I am doing mostly battlegrounds and almost every enemy is Stamina with 2h/2x1h and bow. The class doesn't matter that much although Wardens and Nightblades are the enemies I see the most.

I agree that the morph situation is not good for StamDPS but they're weapon options are so much better than for Magicka.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -