The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to fix stamina

• Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck using ele drain and make it worth when being zerged. It's good. But not that good
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Stamina is out of control in PvP. All you see is Stamnbs and Stamdens. Their sustain is better, their defense abilities are better (evading every attack, roll dodge, gap closers), their burst damage is better. I don't think Stamina must be nerfed but Magicka must be buffed. Sustain as a MagDPS is horrible and you're chances on breaking free/getting away with the tiny amount of Stamina you have is mostly impossible at the moment. Fix Magicka sustain.

Oh and why is Destro Staff so bad for PvP? I'd love to have something like 2hand for Magicka. Heal, buff, execute, cheap and very strong spammable. Instead we have the super expensive Clench. Thanks for that.

Taking bleed builds as reference for stam balance is a joke. That's like taking Duroks builds for magicka as balance reference (which are stronger currently). Go and play a stam Dk or stamplar if you think they have more defense and better sustain, good luck with that.

The problem with Stamplar and Stamdk are the same for MagDK and Magplar - both classes are quite underwhelming right now. That doesn't justify the overwhelming power of Stamina builds at the moment though.

Where do u see the advantage of playing a stamplar over a magplar? Magplar feels just like a way better stamplar from my experience. Magplar got way more utility in a group. I dont see why i would play a stamplar over a magplar. Same for stam dk vs mag dk. Ask @LegendaryMage what he thinks about stamplar vs magplar :D .

Reach is rly strong - mag sorcs just require vDSA staff to be viable atm (thats bad design imo). So my mSorc with vDsa fire is pretty strong.
    So the problem with magicka sorcerer is imo that it feels boring to play - stack ur 3 shields - apply curse - spam reach until frags - repeat.

Medium armor players with 2h/bow are still very squishy and not very viable - except the stam nb. They are viable because of shadow image(reliable) and cloak(luckluster).
    Cloak got alot of counters, but if not countered is too strong. Imo cloak would need increased mag cost(its suprising how often u can cloak just by running shacklebreaker and triglyphs), but hardcounters - MARK- should be changed.
    At the moment cloak is too strong vs solo players and small groups and too weak vs zergs. The zerg will ALWAYS mark you, the solo player, smallscale group almost never.

Concerning bleeds - I'm totally against nerfs as long like 70% of the population plays sword and board over dual wield. So swords and other 1h's weapons could see some buffs. Making dw swords more attractive for magicka players again ! Major defile with about 50 CP's in befoul does even more damage then bleeds(except u dont get any deathrecaps u can cry about) at the same time SnB makes u tanky and enables the player to block alot.

1.) not sure if i like this: stamplar and stam dks will suffer alot of this (my nb mostly heavies from cloak so it wont affect it)
    2.) I agree with the part about the range on melee heavy attacks: its absurd.
    3.) sounds good - it shouldnt be too cheap so
    lets add 4:
    4.) change to major defile
    5.) an reactive magicka evasion - ofc with nerfs to magicka heals and shields in return
    Edited by Murador178 on March 26, 2018 10:35AM
    Options
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why dont you ask for more Magika weapons?
    Options
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why dont you ask for more Magika weapons?

yeah would be awesome - staffs getting boring - a melee mag weapon :D
    And put rally in the fighters guild tree - bored of every stam nb build running 2h
    Edited by Murador178 on March 26, 2018 10:51AM
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murador178 wrote: »
    Stamina is out of control in PvP. All you see is Stamnbs and Stamdens. Their sustain is better, their defense abilities are better (evading every attack, roll dodge, gap closers), their burst damage is better. I don't think Stamina must be nerfed but Magicka must be buffed. Sustain as a MagDPS is horrible and you're chances on breaking free/getting away with the tiny amount of Stamina you have is mostly impossible at the moment. Fix Magicka sustain.

Oh and why is Destro Staff so bad for PvP? I'd love to have something like 2hand for Magicka. Heal, buff, execute, cheap and very strong spammable. Instead we have the super expensive Clench. Thanks for that.

Taking bleed builds as reference for stam balance is a joke. That's like taking Duroks builds for magicka as balance reference (which are stronger currently). Go and play a stam Dk or stamplar if you think they have more defense and better sustain, good luck with that.

The problem with Stamplar and Stamdk are the same for MagDK and Magplar - both classes are quite underwhelming right now. That doesn't justify the overwhelming power of Stamina builds at the moment though.

Where do u see the advantage of playing a stamplar over a magplar? Magplar feels just like a way better stamplar from my experience. Magplar got way more utility in a group. I dont see why i would play a stamplar over a magplar. Same for stam dk vs mag dk. Ask @LegendaryMage what he thinks about stamplar vs magplar :D .

Reach is rly strong - mag sorcs just require vDSA staff to be viable atm (thats bad design imo). So my mSorc with vDsa fire is pretty strong.
    So the problem with magicka sorcerer is imo that it feels boring to play - stack ur 3 shields - apply curse - spam reach until frags - repeat.

Medium armor players with 2h/bow are still very squishy and not very viable - except the stam nb. They are viable because of shadow image(reliable) and cloak(luckluster).
    Cloak got alot of counters, but if not countered is too strong. Imo cloak would need increased mag cost(its suprising how often u can cloak just by running shacklebreaker and triglyphs), but hardcounters - MARK- should be changed.
    At the moment cloak is too strong vs solo players and small groups and too weak vs zergs. The zerg will ALWAYS mark you, the solo player, smallscale group almost never.

Concerning bleeds - I'm totally against nerfs as long like 70% of the population plays sword and board over dual wield. So swords and other 1h's weapons could see some buffs. Making dw swords more attractive for magicka players again ! Major defile with about 50 CP's in befoul does even more damage then bleeds(except u dont get any deathrecaps u can cry about) at the same time SnB makes u tanky and enables the player to block alot.

1.) not sure if i like this: stamplar and stam dks will suffer alot of this (my nb mostly heavies from cloak so it wont affect it)
    lets add 4:
    5.) an reactive magicka evasion - ofc with nerfs to magicka heals and shields in return

Medium armor squishy.

Try dueling everything in medium armor. Magicka has few ways to pratically hit a medium armor user.
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »
    Murador178 wrote: »

lets add 4:

Medium armor squishy.

Try dueling everything in medium armor. Magicka has few ways to pratically hit a medium armor user.

esp magplar :trollface: - jabs through roll, soulassault through roll, beam through roll

There are quite a few very strong magplars at duels - beating almost anything except mag nb bc they hardcounter magplar
    Edited by Murador178 on March 26, 2018 11:00AM
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck using ele drain and make it worth when being zerged. It's good. But not that good

Are we seriously going to use 1vZerg as a baseline for a balance discussion? Might as well use vMA leaderboard as baseline to make PvE balance-changes.....
    1) Make heavy attack slow you, like channeling staff heavy attacks
    2) Lower the range where heavy malee attacks can hit (idk why but it's 5m circa from the target)
    3) give Magicka a snare removal

Whatcha think?

1. First of all, the movement speed penalty while using a heavy attack with staffs was reduced significantly. It´s barely noticeable anymore. I don´t see how this would reduce the "so-called" imbalance between stamina and magicka.....I really don´t....

2. Same here, don´t see how this will lower the gap between magicka and stamina. We also have a lot of heavy attack animations in this game that is malfunctioning at the moment (the werewolf heavy attack is one of them). The "hitbox" where you hit the player is acting very weirdly and needs to be addressed before any major changes to heavy attack range takes place.

3. Not against it but I personally think a better idea is to rework the snare system into a minor/major system (in order to tune down the impact of snares in general). Magicka builds have a few ways of handling snares, even though they´ll cost magicka (purge). And the majority of magicka builds in PvP are vampires, so using illusive mist is always an option.

Balance-changes that affects everything and everyone is rarely any good. Simply because you can never really take all aspects into consideration. ZOS used to act like that but thankfully they´ve started to look at each aspect on a more individual level (not saying that way doesn´t have it flaws). Sure, they still do major overhauls to combat mechanics (like the recent change to off-balance), but I would much rather see suggestion that address each individual thing that overperforms, which your posts clearly doesn´t.

Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Are we seriously going to use 1vZerg as a baseline for a balance discussion? Might as well use vMA leaderboard as baseline to make PvE balance-changes.....
    2) Lower the range where heavy malee attacks can hit (idk why but it's 5m circa from the target)

Whatcha think?

1. First of all, the movement speed penalty while using a heavy attack with staffs was reduced significantly. It´s barely noticeable anymore. I don´t see how this would reduce the "so-called" imbalance between stamina and magicka.....I really don´t....

2. Same here, don´t see how this will lower the gap between magicka and stamina. We also have a lot of heavy attack animations in this game that is malfunctioning at the moment (the werewolf heavy attack is one of them). The "hitbox" where you hit the player is acting very weirdly and needs to be addressed before any major changes to heavy attack range takes place.

3. Not against it but I personally think a better idea is to rework the snare system into a minor/major system (in order to tune down the impact of snares in general). Magicka builds have a few ways of handling snares, even though they´ll cost magicka (purge). And the majority of magicka builds in PvP are vampires, so using illusive mist is always an option.

Balance-changes that affects everything and everyone is rarely any good. Simply because you can never really take all aspects into consideration. ZOS used to act like that but thankfully they´ve started to look at each aspect on a more individual level (not saying that way doesn´t have it flaws). Sure, they still do major overhauls to combat mechanics (like the recent change to off-balance), but I would much rather see suggestion that address each individual thing that overperforms, which your posts clearly doesn´t.

Are we seriously not using a 1vZerg baseline for balance discussions?
    Becouse for testing how to survive, you can't just watch 1v1s
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Whatcha think?

Are we seriously not using a 1vZerg baseline for balance discussions?
    Becouse for testing how to survive, you can't just watch 1v1s
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »

Whatcha think?

Use purge.

Purge costs twice as much as everything stam builds use, and doesn't give immunity afterwards.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magblade: meh in cyrodill, one of the best 1v1.
    Magsorcs: one of the best in everything
    Stamnb: best survaivability in the game
    Stamdk: was easymode, now harder (thank god)
    Stamsorc: A little bit less easymode
    Magplar: God in group, insect in solo
    Stamwarden: God in solo, God in group (unchanged)
    Magwarden: Good in group, Meh in solo
    MagDK: Really good for 1v1, meh solo, good in group (next patch will be good in solo too)
    Stamplar: Sucks in group, sucks in solo, sucks in duels (last patch), now finally showing

I don't know what to get out of a signature like that in combo with your current thread.
    Options
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatcha think?

1) heavy attacks like bow, 2hd are already channeled.
    2) the range for staff attacks should in addition be lowered too, just like the range of things like frags
    3) let´s make things like rolldodge, sprinting and the like not just stamina dependend, but let them depend on your highest statpool! now that would be more fair!
    Options
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina is out of control in PvP. All you see is Stamnbs and Stamdens. Their sustain is better, their defense abilities are better

I agree that the morph situation is not good for StamDPS but they're weapon options are so much better than for Magicka.

Aha, and that is why we see everywhere staffs, staffs and staffs!
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

Whatcha think?

1) heavy attacks like bow, 2hd are already channeled.
    2) the range for staff attacks should in addition be lowered too, just like the range of things like frags
    3) let´s make things like rolldodge, sprinting and the like not just stamina dependend, but let them depend on your highest statpool! now that would be more fair!

The range of stamina heavy attacks pretty much feels like 1/3 of a staff heavy attack. Make your counts
    Options
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina is in a good place, to be honest.

Instead of trying to nerf the style that performing well, how about we buff the style that’s underperforming?

Purge needs MAJOR help. Especially since you can have up to 30+ negative effects on you at any given time. Removing only 2 effects is a joke. And the 50% reduction on the remaining effects is worthless, as well, since they will just be reapplied.

Group roles have relegated magicka users to bombers and support roles. Magicka DPS gets shunned outside of that.

It’s not stam that needs a nerf. It’s magicka that needs a buff to make it more viable.
    Options
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Whatcha think?

Use purge.

purge costs 8k magicka.

[Edited to reflect original quote]

If your purge costs 8k, I would think about morphing it.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on March 26, 2018 1:46PM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »

Whatcha think?

Use purge.

purge costs 8k magicka. Use your brain

It costs 5k morphed. More in heavy.

That's still Shuffle+vigor+ rally.

Good luck surviving.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagDK: Really good for 1v1, meh solo, good in group (next patch will be good in solo too)
    Stamplar: Sucks in group, sucks in solo, sucks in duels (last patch), now finally showing

I don't know what to get out of a signature like that in combo with your current thread.

The majority of the threads and posts he makes is about nerfing or change those things that have any change of beating his builds.
    FakeFox wrote: »

Whatcha think?

Use purge.

purge costs 8k magicka. Use your brain

It costs 5k morphed. More in heavy.

That's still Shuffle+vigor+ rally.

Good luck surviving.

I see a lot of magicka builds counter things that you find difficult to deal with, without posting biased nerf-threads on the forums. I don´t see why you can´t do the same.....
    Options
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slow movement is awful idea for a whole stamina spec concept. It's a fast and bursty gameplay, why it should be slowed down?
    Problem was and is this heavy armor idiotic setups, which deserve a nerf, not classes or combat mechanics.

Not only heavy attacks have long range btw, it's also Lash or Sweeps (8m). At least you could ask to buff magicka heavies ;D
    Edited by Ashamray on March 26, 2018 1:19PM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
    Options
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see nothing wrong with his signature ;) Alsmost agree with it.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    Slow movement is awful idea for a whole stamina spec concept. It's a fast and bursty gameplay, why it should be slowed down?
    Problem was and is this heavy armor idiotic setups, which deserve a nerf, not classes or combat mechanics.

Not only heavy attacks have long range btw, it's also Lash or Sweeps (8m). At least you could ask to buff magicka heavies ;D

Lesh and sweeps are a skill.
    Lesh and sweeps cost magicka

Heavy malee attack return stamina.

See the difference?

[Edited to remove baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on March 26, 2018 1:46PM
    Options
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Seraphayel
    Stamina has much better PvP weapons. 2h is incredibly powerful because it offers so much. Destro Staff in comparison is not good. It's bad.

They are overwhelming. What is used more often in PvP, Magicka or Stamina? I am doing mostly battlegrounds and almost every enemy is Stamina with 2h/2x1h and bow. The class doesn't matter that much although Wardens and Nightblades are the enemies I see the most.

I agree that the morph situation is not good for StamDPS but they're weapon options are so much better than for Magicka.

Hmmm... Destro Ulti anyone
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatcha think?

LOL. Your title seems to indicate stam is not doing well because it is broken yet you seem to be challenged with stam players attacking you so you want to nerf them.
    Options
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    We removed a few comments in this thread for being non-constructive/baiting. Friendly reminder to please stay on topic and keep conversations and debates constructive. We encourage a healthy discussion, however blatant insults are a violation of our forum rules. If you have any questions about how we define our forum rules, you can read through them here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Seraphayel
    Stamina has much better PvP weapons. 2h is incredibly powerful because it offers so much. Destro Staff in comparison is not good. It's bad.

They are overwhelming. What is used more often in PvP, Magicka or Stamina? I am doing mostly battlegrounds and almost every enemy is Stamina with 2h/2x1h and bow. The class doesn't matter that much although Wardens and Nightblades are the enemies I see the most.

Hmmm... Destro Ulti anyone

Destro ults costs more then 200. Aka useless but in a zerg
    Options
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatcha think?

If they put two hander and lethal arrow in check , stamina will be fine in PVP.

To be real with you this is only a case for nbs and wardens.

And that doesnt even stop magblade from being the best 1v1 spec while also being very strong open world with a melee build.

When I look at magplar and magDK, both outshine their stamina specs, at everything but mobility.

Major problem comes when a magical build get double cc. It's way too overpowered. You cannot break free especially injected stamina poison. All you can see is how hundred ways you can be killed. Magicaka builds are use less. 2h for stamina alone makes them so op.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on March 26, 2018 10:46PM
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

To be real with you this is only a case for nbs and wardens.

And that doesnt even stop magblade from being the best 1v1 spec while also being very strong open world with a melee build.

When I look at magplar and magDK, both outshine their stamina specs, at everything but mobility.

Every StaminaDPS in PvP is strong due to 2h/bleeds being too "good" for PvP. It is not just Warden and Nightblade.

And I agree, Magicka NBs are insane. Crazy sustain and self healing/defense and good damage/escape tools.

Let me give you a personal example:

I personally think stamDK is a stronk class that is capable of 1vX'ing.
    but stamDK is also relatively the worst *** you can play in this game as of right now.

You see how things sound a lot different depending on the Point of view?

Is stam really OP or is it a just some classes that overperform on stam because they can go stam and still have a bar full of class skills?

Really stamblades and stamdens have ridicilous access to juicy stats ,buffs, and on top of that they have best of the best skills.

Making it sound like all stam toons are on the same level is a little unreal mate.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 27, 2018 5:12PM
    Options
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But they aren't overwhelming, only Nb and Warden are a bit too strong (and that only because Cloak/Shimmering Shield). Mag has Ele Drain which equals 600 magregen, stam barely has any stam class morphs for dots (= less pressure) and can facetank much less (stam heals are garbage and dodge has a stacking cost). Yes, bleeds are a bit too strong, but you can just use Defile against them and call it a day.

Anecdotal claims are not indicative of actual facts.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on March 27, 2018 12:38AM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How to fix magicka:

1) Make it so channeled attacks require you to aim rather than having an undodgeable attack lock on.

2) Require a minimum distance for all ranged attacks (around 5 meters would be appropriate)

3) Give stamina a damage shield that scales off of max stamina.

Whatcha think?
    Options
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They never ever ever bring up how much pressure they put on with LA, front distance, even when turtling with their staffs
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on March 27, 2018 3:31AM
    Options