The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Game freezes and shuts down multiple places multiple times Unplayable....

Silvermax
Silvermax
Soul Shriven
Tried new character, tried re-installing, tried clearing out anything running in background, tried completely removing firewall and software... nothing is working so from reading forums I am not alone, this problem is REAL and needs fixed... as of now can't play so much for head-start and wondering about refunds?... I have submitted reports with every crash... must be at least 30 by now... Can we get some-kind of acknowledgement that it is in fact being looked at? Thanks...
  • Hayward85
    Hayward85
    I'm running in to the same issue that my game is freezing and I read the forums to try to find a fix. Seems like this problem has been around since beta. I did try doing one thing to fix it and I'm not sure if it worked because I only got about 30 minutes of game time after the fix before I had to leave for work. Try this:
    *Go to: "My Docs\Elder Scrolls Online\live\UserSettings.txt"
    *Look for SET RequestedNumThreads " (default value is -1)
    *Change SET RequestedNumThreads to "0"
    I think there is some issue with the CPU coding in the game...
  • KillaB420
    KillaB420
    I am having the same issue, spent 1 hour 40 minutes with Microsoft support going through my comp with a fine tooth comb. We found nothing, different graphics settings, nothing works. I will try Hayward85's fix and see if it helps.
  • AmanitaMuscaria
    Tried that still getting "unknown error" and booted.
    Support your local bartender helping ugly people getting laid.
  • Silvermax
    Silvermax
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for idea... but nope tried this with same result... not sure why the Dev's are not even looking into this... very frustrated...
  • syeates
    syeates
    this happens to me alot also, and ive been reading alot about it. It seems that were the minority since were not getting a response out of this, I experience lag thats unbearable. Beta was better, then I get kicked out with this error
  • KillaB420
    KillaB420
    I do not even get an error, the game just freezes, I have been emailing with support they can not help either. During Beta I was told it is a know issue, but still seems not to be fixed. I tried,
    Hayward85 wrote: »
    I'm running in to the same issue that my game is freezing and I read the forums to try to find a fix. Seems like this problem has been around since beta. I did try doing one thing to fix it and I'm not sure if it worked because I only got about 30 minutes of game time after the fix before I had to leave for work. Try this:
    *Go to: "My Docs\Elder Scrolls Online\live\UserSettings.txt"
    *Look for SET RequestedNumThreads " (default value is -1)
    *Change SET RequestedNumThreads to "0"
    I think there is some issue with the CPU coding in the game...
    , this and still no luck.

• BabaJuice
    BabaJuice
    Soul Shriven
    Oh man, thanks for that!
    Spent last night scanning and cleaning my relatively new Windows 8.1 install to see if that didn't come from my OS, but nope.
    Adjusted the user settings as suggested and got right in (I'll see if it stays stable).

I'm running dual Xeons E5-2680 V2 (20 cores), so it might have chocked on that.
    Edited by BabaJuice on March 31, 2014 1:48PM
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Also try setting the Priority of the ESO process to high, open it, set process to high and go ahead and close the launcher too. That will help with a lot of lag.
  • BabaJuice
    BabaJuice
    Soul Shriven
    BabaJuice wrote: »
    (I'll see if it stays stable).
    Update: got a few hours of play time, no issues. So that worked in my case at least.

• Stickleback
    Stickleback
    ✭✭
    I've got the same freeze issue.

Tried repairing the launcher, tried updating my drivers and DirectX, tried changing the usersettings to OpenGL, and back to D3D9 to 11, tried lowering all my settings, and disabled all my addons. Nothing I've done so far seems to solve it.

My game and PC freeze, after about 20 minutes to an hour gametime. Since it freezes and I have to reboot, I don't have a crashreport that I can submit.

I've been keeping an eye on the forums, and hoping for a fix, but no luck so far.
    EU server / Ebonheart Pact

Vavara - Templar Healer
    Stickleback - DK Tank
    Stickle'back - Sorc DPS
    Chops - NB DPS
  • hrdndv_ESO
    hrdndv_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I had this in Beta and had to reinstall my graphics card, adjust the settings, update my BIOS, uninstall my internet, reinstall, uninstall DIRECTX and reinstall, run a windows Registry cleaner (WiseFixer), run malware removers, delete some programs that were interrupting processes, reinstall my Router, run several cleanup programs, and finally update all my software.

It finally worked. There are two main problems: Things that interrupt windows processes and graphics incompatabilities. Also after running ESO for 8 hours or so I get a pile of windows registry errors and even some file errors.
  • Silvermax
    Silvermax
    Soul Shriven
    People found the fix at least to my graphics issue just changed it to open GL from D3D11 and bam works great now here is the thread with the fix...
    GRAPHICAL FIXES (INCLUDING ZOOMING IN, IN CHARACTER CREATION AND REDUCING MOTION BLUR)
    swirlylexyeb17_ESOswirlylexyeb17_ESO ✭
    4:13AM in Customer Support
    For everyone having graphical issues (and motion blur issues, I get ill from that). These settings have fixed it for my fiancé and I.

Go to: My documents > Elder Scrolls online > liveeu folder(depends on your server)> open user settings with wordpad.

SET GraphicsDriver.7 "D3D9" can be OPENGL, D3D10 or D3D11 based on what you need

SET GPUSmoothingFrames "3" 2-4 based on hardware/preference, more powerful hardware can do less but three should be good

10 prerendered frames just makes everything visually delayed on the hardware side and disorienting.

SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS "-2" 0 to -3 depending on hardware, -3 is really tough on systems but it makes textures load in faster on characters

SET SIMPLE_SHADERS "1" if you're having trouble with some of the effects, although it does make spells not look as nice

SET COLOR_CORRECTION "0"

SET COLOR_GRADING_v1 "0"