The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Graphical fixes (including zooming in, in character creation and reducing motion blur)

swirlylexyeb17_ESO
swirlylexyeb17_ESO
Soul Shriven
For everyone having graphical issues (and motion blur issues, I get ill from that). These settings have fixed it for my fiancé and I.

Go to: My documents > Elder Scrolls online > liveeu folder(depends on your server)> open user settings with wordpad.

SET GraphicsDriver.7 "D3D9" can be OPENGL, D3D10 or D3D11 based on what you need

SET GPUSmoothingFrames "3" 2-4 based on hardware/preference, more powerful hardware can do less but three should be good

10 prerendered frames just makes everything visually delayed on the hardware side and disorienting.

SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS "-2" 0 to -3 depending on hardware, -3 is really tough on systems but it makes textures load in faster on characters

SET SIMPLE_SHADERS "1" if you're having trouble with some of the effects, although it does make spells not look as nice

SET COLOR_CORRECTION "0"

SET COLOR_GRADING_v1 "0"

Can help with visual issues as well if they still persist

This will also help fix not being able to zoom in, in character creation.
If you have outdated drivers (like I do and unfortunatly I can't fix it) then it will also solve the problem where shadows appear as blocks instead of proper shadows.
For people that experience crashing in the game due to GPU, changing from D3D11 to D3D9 or OPENGL will fix it.
  • Silvermax
    Silvermax
    Soul Shriven
    Ok might be on to something here as I logged in after and it seemed stable only issue was now I am in game and have hud and hear sounds can move around.... not getting kicked... but I have nothing but black on screen... trying to play with these settings a little more...
  • Silvermax
    Silvermax
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks Swirly! it worked awesome with just a small tweek somewere! Sorry I cant remember which value I changed but it works great now!