Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

amaya Lake lodge

xbobx
xbobx
✭✭✭✭✭
I see a lot of comments on houses but i have yet to hear anyone talk about this one. I am taking a bit of a liking too it because of the open rooms and multiple levels.

thinking of getting this one or hundings. I like hundings outside, but not as much of a fan of the inside and style, but i like how the lodge is setup.

anyone have that house ?
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it, but the furniture limit is a rough one on this. 600 with plus still leaves empty rooms in the ones I've seen and without plus, 300 is about right for the yard. I know you can go leaner than that, but imo the little storage house needs a luxury roof deck or crafting area. It just can't be left alone. The view is obviously there for something and it reminds me of the houses in TESIII in balmora with the tables on the roof. I think there was a master trainer up there on one. Also, the yard you see in the preview has (if I remember right) 70+ furniture slots taken with plants, the horse shed, well, etc. Keep that in mind if you do plan to pony up 1.3 million. Make the ride on your horse from the front door to the wayshrine before you buy it and see if that's something you want. If you can live with those things, it's awesome. Lots of different areas, very stylistic if you are into it like I am.

Fun side note. You can jump from the high mushroom near the main house to the storage roof deck. At least my medium armor nb can. I bet you could do it with anyone if you use rapid maneuver. If you are a low health glass cannon, don't miss.
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks

I also have another house so i can just warp there.

its not an issue for me.

its in their best interest to raise the levels because it makes them money.

but i have noticed, all their recent houses are mansions and other than events, have they even released a smaller house in a while?

with the mansions, i would think they will realize they will be forced to increase across the board
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like it... That's about it. Nothing to write home about
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Kaktus
    Kaktus
    ✭✭✭
    I have it, and it's currently my favorite house. Reminds me of my first house in the original Morrowind, Dura Gra-Bol's tower in Balmora.

So, with plus I was able to decorate it entirely, inside and out, though another couple hundred furnishing slots would help me detail everything. I started with the furnished house and used the furnishings it came with as a framework, building a bar, parlor, main hall for my trophies, library/lab, bedroom and even a bathroom, with the shed turned into a crafting house with a clockwork forge setup on the roof. The yard I turned into a shady mini forest using the massive cedar and juniper trees from Eastmarch and Riften, with sitting areas and a few interesting statues.

I would highly recommend this house, there's a lot of potential in it
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looking at making the upper section of the house into a place i bring my victims i sacrifice
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have Amaya Lake lodge. I found the enormous spatial mismatch between the exterior and interior of the main house to be unbearable.

So now it looks like this (looking from the entrance to the yard):
    4wgPISc.png

I buried it beneath a mountain of volcanic plugs.

I use the storehouse as a mini DB sanctuary, and I built a cave by the pond for one of my Argonians to live in. The rest of it looks like a road with a mountain on one side and forest on the other.

PC EU
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Amaya is a beautiful house.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it´s a wonderful house. Really nice. The only problem I see are the interior-exterior inconsistencies.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice enough house, not exceeding in any category in my opinion so it doesn't stand out to my preferences. I've seen a couple builds with it too. None of them stylistically pleasant (Morrowind and Orc styles do NOT mesh well). Still a decent place though, and a big enough house too for not being a notable home.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it´s a wonderful house. Really nice. The only problem I see are the interior-exterior inconsistencies.

in which way?
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »

in which way?

If you compare the interior cell with the exterior building you´ll notice some weird things not matching.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »

in which way?

If you compare the interior cell with the exterior building you´ll notice some weird things not matching.

The main inconsistency is that there should really be a large room underneath the hall and main room of the second floor. When you go up the stairs from the first floor, you'll see a small cubby hole behind the stairs. It really should extend into another large room underneath or it would be cool if it lead out into a covered porch area.

Regardless, I still very much like the home, but it can be very dark, so I used up a LOT of slots on lighting. I've got a lot of detail in my kitchen and workshop, so I've got about 20 slots to do something with the outside, and this is after removing all the rocks that came with the house.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 26, 2018 8:34PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite house, I'll show pics if zos ever ups the furniture limit