The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Change DC to a Mercenary alliance

jerj6925
jerj6925
✭✭✭✭
PS4 NA server Cyrodiil Vivec

First this is not a thread to complain but a thread to make Cyrodiil better, where like minded players can group up for a better more enjoyable experience.

ON the PS4 NA Server Cyrodiil Vivec DC as a whole does not play the map to win anymore nor has it in many many months and I'm sure longer. Home keeps are never defended and recovery when it happens is by random solo players who straggle in. EP and AD even defend rayless and warden more often than DC does. I am now of the opinion DC is really just full of casual players who just go to what they feel is the front line to find a fight and farm AP while structured groups never really play the map either and just farm AP. So I was thinking Why not just change this alliance to a Mercenary alliance, there are no home keeps for them, they can take and hold keeps but it will never count towards anything but AP for capturing it so they can never win the campaign but they can still get the rewards for the AP rank at the end of the campaign. Those who want to fight for an alliance for this kind of PVP experience can join one of the other two and those who only care about AP can join the mercenary alliance.

Befits I'm thinking would be:

1. No more complaining in zone chat about losing keeps.
2. No more double teaming.
3. Like minded play styles.
4. Because they don't fight for a territory they would be less likely to team up for double teaming and more likely to be an equalizer in terms of who is putting up a bigger fight.

Remember you can always find the exception's but truth is DC is dead as an alliance on PS4 NA server and really functions more as a self serving mercenary group.
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get an Xbox. Pvp is alive and well.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    a1i3nz wrote: »
    Get an Xbox. Pvp is alive and well.

its nothing to do with the platform its just what's left of the play style is all.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every alliance has their potatoes. Its sad when potatoes make up the majority of a faction's,population.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every alliance has their potatoes. Its sad when potatoes make up the majority of a faction's,population.

I think its just more the play style of the crowd that's there now, people tend to gravitate to similar play styles. what sucks for me is I don't want to start all over again with a character.
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds exactly like DC on Sotha Sil PC/EU during most of the day except for primetime lol
    Ppl just gave up playing the map/campaign cause DC is constantly outnumbered by both other alliances by far...
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    basic and simple - d-ticks suck...

it is extremely challenging to earn AP while defending...

it's more benificial to slot rapid maneuvers and play mount simulator...go around pvdooring...

this is a game, with leaderboards - the way the score is kept is with alliance points...

those "useless" outpost/bridge/mile gate fights...that's were a lot of "random", solo, small group go to play and fight, test their builds...

I have a chance to view each factions zone chat - there are good raid leaders on each faction...several of them - trying to play the map in a fashion beneficial to their faction...

there's also a lot of people just doing their own thing...

just thinking about it - i think this might be my 30th thirty day campaign in cyrodiil...dang :o
    Edited by geonsocal on March 24, 2018 4:19AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hard to understand for some...but, people will often gravitate towards having more choices...

more characters, more alliances...i still remember when they opened the maps up to allowing players to play any alliance characters on whichever map they wanted...

most folks stayed within their alliances...stayed like that for almost a year...DC dominated the main 30 day campaign on ps4/na during 2016...

eventually some of those DC folks moved to AD - honestly, if you want a refreshing change in pvp - go fight for the queen...

each faction has good people - but, great fun group of players in AD...

about the time AD took over in 2017 is when a lot of the blue players made and played AD characters...

EP has always had good numbers (3pm - 3am e.s.t.)...it's just they were spread out on other maps...

Edited by geonsocal on March 24, 2018 4:36AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't about one side losing or always being gated or double teamed its more about the general attitude and play style of this group of player. And its a different faction on different campaigns and servers.
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP players play map ?

Thats sooo 2014.

Nah AP rules, its sad.