Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eso timeline inconsistancies, summerset and morrowind dialogue

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Back in the beta, it was confirmed that Naryu would recongnize you in the mainland if you did morrowind first... this was never implemented and naryu acts like she doesn't recognize you so in esscence it is better to do morrowind after you done quests involving her (pact, gold coast). Summerset will have you start on it as a new tutorial and new players will be pretty confused as to why razumdar doesn't recongnize them after completing summerset first so will we get razumdar dialogue changed like we were promised with naryu? Also a few lines of dialogue change would be nice on Auridon for Ayreen during the assassination plot in Auridon would be nice
Edited by Aliyavana on March 23, 2018 8:22PM
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emm, than why does she recognize me?
    Many characters recognize me even when i come from the newer dlcs.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radinyn wrote: »

did she recongnize you in the mainland after morrowind? And I mean like from cadwell order like deshaan then eastmarch as you meet her Many people have reported that she doesn't and acts like she doesn't know you and if so it seems its bugged. Also if you skip ahead to a zone like eastmarch where you are supposed to meet her after deshaan she will ofc know you as base game zones are not meant to be skipped story wise
    Edited by Aliyavana on March 23, 2018 8:35PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The entire game flows much nicer when its played in the order of release. I know that ZOS really wants to immerse players in the newest content first, but the whole plot of so many questlines hinges on you being sacrificed to Molag Bal to become Soul-Shriven that it just doesn't make sense to have you start anywhere else.

I especially don't see how it makes sense to have you start in Summerset which is Part 3 of the Daedra War plot, with Morrowind as Part 1 and Clockwork City as Part 2.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The entire game flows much nicer when its played in the order of release. I know that ZOS really wants to immerse players in the newest content first, but the whole plot of so many questlines hinges on you being sacrificed to Molag Bal to become Soul-Shriven that it just doesn't make sense to have you start anywhere else.

I especially don't see how it makes sense to have you start in Summerset which is Part 3 of the Daedra War plot, with Morrowind as Part 1 and Clockwork City as Part 2.

agreed, the only reason to start on vvardenfell is to get that extra skillpoint pre morrowind players cant get. My chars go straight to main land upon landing lol
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well with One Tamriel even if you start in Cold Harbor with a new character you can immediately jump to any zone in the game once you're out, completely breaking story continuity anyways.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    Radinyn wrote: »

did she recongnize you in the mainland after morrowind? And I mean like from cadwell order like deshaan then eastmarch as you meet her Many people have reported that she doesn't and acts like she doesn't know you and if so it seems its bugged. Also if you skip ahead to a zone like eastmarch where you are supposed to meet her after deshaan she will ofc know you as base game zones are not meant to be skipped story wise

ye, she did i think it works now
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the last zone of the dominion you get to choose wheter razum'dar survives or dies. If you choose death, how can he return in summerset?
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huyen wrote: »
    In the last zone of the dominion you get to choose wheter razum'dar survives or dies. If you choose death, how can he return in summerset?

Because even if you choose for him to die, he doesn't die. He shows up saying he survived by "jumping around"...
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spoiler for questline.
    Regardless of which choice you make, he shows up alive at the end of the quest chain in Dune as you walk the path of Jone and Jode. His dialogue differs based on your choice - he's not pleased if you saved him - but either way he is alive.

So its more like you had the choice to leave him to die or not, but then ZOS saved him anyways.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did some out of order and regretted it...she’s stuck pre 40....
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He doesn't die. He's there at the end of the AD storyline in Dune. You can even talk to him about his escape from certain death, though the window to have this conversation is very small.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Complete Summerset
    2. Go to mainland
    3. Talk with Worm Cult agent
    4. Go to Coldharbour
    5. Fall into the Ocean near Khenarti's Roost
    6. Meet Razum-dar
    7. Ask "Who are you? Why are you helping me?"
    8. ???

Agree with TS, this will be complete nonsense.
    And, after Summerset release will we loose Morrowind tutorial forever?
    Naryu in Deshaan was disappointing.
  • Zalicius
    Zalicius
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. They could skip the introductions on the mainland or change them so they are all seemingly casual
    Back in the beta, it was confirmed that Naryu would recongnize you in the mainland if you did morrowind first... this was never implemented and naryu acts like she doesn't recognize you so in esscence it is better to do morrowind after you done quests involving her (pact, gold coast). Summerset will have you start on it as a new tutorial and new players will be pretty confused as to why razumdar doesn't recongnize them after completing summerset first so will we get razumdar dialogue changed like we were promised with naryu? Also a few lines of dialogue change would be nice on Auridon for Ayreen during the assassination plot in Auridon would be nice

Would be nice. Could probably be done easily with a few lines of if/then/else code.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zalicius wrote: »
    I agree. They could skip the introductions on the mainland or change them so they are all seemingly casual

Would be nice. Could probably be done easily with a few lines of if/then/else code.

Assuming they can rehire the voice actor. If they didn't get Kate Beckinsale back for Summerset, which I don't know if they have, don't expect to have them redo anything in Auridon.
  • Zalicius
    Zalicius
    ✭✭✭

Assuming they can rehire the voice actor. If they didn't get Kate Beckinsale back for Summerset, which I don't know if they have, don't expect to have them redo anything in Auridon.

That or piece something together from existing dialog.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt they will rehire her as it probably costs a *** load of money. How much would it cost for a few lines of dialogue?
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think New players will start in summerset. When I read the description about summerset on wednesday it said its the conclusion of the story that started in base game and after clockwork city.

"Experience an epic main story quest line, concluding the narrative that began in the ESO base game and continued through Clockwork City"

Word for word quote.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think New players will start in summerset. When I read the description about summerset on wednesday it said its the conclusion of the story that started in base game and after clockwork city.

"Experience an epic main story quest line, concluding the narrative that began in the ESO base game and continued through Clockwork City"

Word for word quote.

In eso live they said we were getting a new tutorial
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why was this put into lore section to die? This is bigger than just plotholes and can affect the new player
  • Zalicius
    Zalicius
    ✭✭✭
    why was this put into lore section to die? This is bigger than just plotholes and can affect the new player

I agree. We're not discussing lore at all, but rather the technical aspects of the game.
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    The Prophet's voice changes back and forth between two very different sounding actors, irks my immersion, but they've done it before...
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    Hookgrin wrote: »
    The Prophet's voice changes back and forth between two very different sounding actors, irks my immersion, but they've done it before...

When? I hear Michael Gambon(Dumbledore) everytime.
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
  • tyjoie
    tyjoie
    ✭✭
    This is nothing new. The whole thing has been broken since One Tamriel was released and zone levels were removed.
    Ex-Beta tester
    Playing since 2014
    Still a noob
    Green-Sap Loyalist
  • MalsvirIxen
    My personal opinion is that the game should always start with you being killed and sent to Coldharbour. That should remain the tutorial for every character no matter what new chapter we're on. The fact I did story stuff out of order on my dunmer toon irks me because I didn't know that Naryu wasn't going to recongize me in Deshaan. It makes me want to reroll that specific toon but I just got that toon to 50. So I'd really like to experience the game in cronlogical order but it doesn't seem like ZoS cares about continuity.
  • Prinseth
    Prinseth
    ✭✭✭
    The way that I work with the inconsistency’s is that my main, the Vesige, did the story the order of release and any characters I make who start the new tutorials, my head canon is that they aren’t a soul shriven and they just help my Vestige in that area. But I believe any new players should play it in the order of release for the best story and immersion.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wrote up a guide for the chronological order of the various story arcs because certain stories just make more sense when done in order. Anyone doing Aldmeri Dominion, for example, is going to be terribly confused if they do the zones out of order. And even though Morrowind, Summerset, and Clockwork are supposed to be standalone, I really don't see it. Morrowind is such an extended prologue to Clockwork City that it doesn't resolve much of anything.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/413807/what-order-should-i-do-esos-story-arcs-a-guide

• EwanAmell
    EwanAmell
    Soul Shriven
    Also making Summerset before Morrowind has a strange impact on one particular member of the Court of Bedlam. I think a dialogue with the Golden Knight is there just to try to explain the timeline inconsistencies, basically telling you that doesn't matter in which ored you do the quests, for the NPCs everything happens in the release order (something along the lines of "In Oblivion time flows differently, things that haven't happened to you have happened to me and vice-versa"). Are we about to cause a dragon break of sorts in the near future? :|
  • AgmarTheUnrestful
    I think ESO's over-arching story is basically about one huge Dragon Break; I can definitely picture that as one of the after-effects of the Soulburst.