The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I push start and nothing happens

abaddon76
abaddon76
I click my shortcut, the screen pops up checks files and start button is blue. I click blue start button, it turns grey and then nothing else happens.
  • Lord_Bael
    Lord_Bael
    same
  • For_The_Queen
    Me 3
  • abaddon76
    abaddon76
    I changed my settings so that everything auto-starts but now the play button starts grey and it says initializing and doesn't change. Not sure if it will eventually start or if it is stopped.
  • vankilldare_ESO
    same here
  • Nigelhus
    Nigelhus
    I have the same problem. Still no solution found here. Tried reinstalling and everything else I could think off.
  • tricky80
    tricky80
    Have same problem, tried everything mentioned here on forum but still nothing works.
  • daveed316
    daveed316
    I had the same problem. Try this post and see if it helps. Mine worked after doing this.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/61018/launcher-wont-launch/p1
  • highpriestess
    i emailed support about this and they said that i need to go to Documents/The Elder Scrolls Online/Live then look for UserSettings.txt file, open it with notepad and then press Ctrl +F and search for RequestedNumThreads which should bring you to SETRequestedNumThreads"x" with x representing a number. then you need to change that number to 0, save, exit, restart launcher and then retry the play button.
    MAYBE IT WOULD WORK IF THERE WAS A usersettings.txt file to open
  • daveed316
    daveed316
    Check out the link i posted on this thread. one of the mods gave me the entire text file to create and put into the folder.
  • abaddon76
    abaddon76
    follow daveed316's link to see my issues and how I got mine to work, thanks daveed
  • Tilor
    Tilor
    Was working just fine until an hour ago. Frame rate drop to nothing in game and so I tried restarting PC to see if it would help. Now I click on the launcher and nothing happens. I've trying changing the SETRequestedNumThreads to 0, I tried running as administrator, I tried setting it up to run as Win 7 mode. I tried copy and pasting the usersetting.txt even though I had one in my folder. I tried repairing my cataclyst driver for AMD. NONE have worked.

When I click the start button I briefly see the eso.exe show up in precesses along with a WerFault.exe???
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    Would you please try to run the game in compatibility mode and as admin, look at the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/VysVTfd.png .
  • Tilor
    Tilor
    Yshaar wrote: »
    Would you please try to run the game in compatibility mode and as admin, look at the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/VysVTfd.png .

Was that directed at me? If so I did like I said in my previous reply and and it didn't work. However, I just restarted my PC a second time and it launched this time.
    Edited by Tilor on March 31, 2014 1:00AM
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    Tilor wrote: »
    Yshaar wrote: »

Was that directed at me? If so I did like I said in my previous reply and and it didn't work. However, I just restarted my PC a second time and it launched this time.

Directed at everyone in the thread. Compability mode XP is supposed to be the solution, not win7.
  • Siegfried_Greymane
    Ah! I will try that, @Yshaar‌
    Lord, I was born a ramblin' man,
    Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can.
    And when it's time for leavin',
    I hope you'll understand,
    That I was born a ramblin' man
  • Siegfried_Greymane
    @Yshaar it didn't work. Thanks though.
    Lord, I was born a ramblin' man,
    Tryin' to make a livin' and doin' the best I can.
    And when it's time for leavin',
    I hope you'll understand,
    That I was born a ramblin' man
  • tricky80
    tricky80
    Wel finaly got it to work. When i made the textfile i changed the name to UserSettings.txt by clicking on the name in the Windows folder thereby actually naming the file UserSettings.txt.txt . Maybe this helps Some of you aswel
  • pietjan12
    pietjan12
    You are able to bypass the launcher by going to your elder scrolls online folder and clicking on the elder scrolls .exe manually. Might work as a temporary workaround, unless you haven't patched up yet.
    Edited by pietjan12 on March 31, 2014 10:14AM
  • avedrenne
    avedrenne
    Soul Shriven
    This is a known issue since 3 betas ago. The fix is simple, but hard for most to do. You need to find a computer that it works on, copy over the live folder from that computer using a flashdrive and then change that code to 0 (can't remember which one, but if you contact support they will tell you to change that, but it only worked for me after copying over the live folder) I imagine that it is an issue with the game making the live folder incorrectly. I went back and forth 2 betas ago about this issue and nothing they said worked until I copied over the live folder on working comp and then change the thing they said. Good luck.
  • avedrenne
    avedrenne
    Soul Shriven
    i emailed support about this and they said that i need to go to Documents/The Elder Scrolls Online/Live then look for UserSettings.txt file, open it with notepad and then press Ctrl +F and search for RequestedNumThreads which should bring you to SETRequestedNumThreads"x" with x representing a number. then you need to change that number to 0, save, exit, restart launcher and then retry the play button.
    MAYBE IT WOULD WORK IF THERE WAS A usersettings.txt file to open
    This is the code I said to change, follow these instructions after you copy over the working folder. So find a friend that plays and take your flashdrive over for a visit.
  • diviciacus
    I had this exact problem and after speaking to someone I uninstalled my antivirus, Webroot, which worked.