The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Armor visual appearance stuck. Pic included

medikant
medikant
I created a character. I leveled that character. I switched my characters armor and weapons as I got improved ones. My characters visual appearance started to remain static and unchanging around level 5. I am not level 11 and still appear as a mismatched and goofy armored character. No matter what I do with equipment the armor visual appearance does not change. On the character selection screen my character appears normal and how he should look. This screen changes as my characters armor changes. It's only once I am in game that I have static and unchanging armor.

No one else I have spoken to seems to have this issue so I am posting here in hopes of finding a fix.

Edit:Third post down includes picture of what I am describing and hopefully a better description of the issue.
Edited by medikant on March 31, 2014 3:52PM
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Armour you craft yourself is in your race's style, unless you have found any of the books that enable you to craft in other styles. Drops can be in pretty much any style, I think. Not quite sure about armour you purchase?
  • medikant
    medikant
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Armour you craft yourself is in your race's style, unless you have found any of the books that enable you to craft in other styles. Drops can be in pretty much any style, I think. Not quite sure about armour you purchase?

You misunderstand what I am asking about. No matter what I do to the armor, no matter what armor it is, no matter what source it came from, the appearance of my character does not change. The appearance at the character selection screen is the correct appearance for my character. When I log into the game my character looks completely different. His in game appearance is static and does not change regardless of what I do with or two his armor.

Including two screenshots to show the variation in his appearance. One is of the character selection screen and how he should look. The one on the left is his character selection and correct appearance. The one on the right is his in game actual appearance. Same exact armor equipped in both. No matter what armor/style is on the in game(right side) appearance NEVER changes.
  • Duckfather
    Duckfather
    ✭✭
    Do you have a disguise from a quest equipped? the disguise will over-ride the appearance of whatever you equip. I had this issue until I realised I still had one equipped.
  • medikant
    medikant
    Duckfather wrote: »
    Do you have a disguise from a quest equipped? the disguise will over-ride the appearance of whatever you equip. I had this issue until I realised I still had one equipped.

Is there a way to check if I have a disguise on? None of my quests say anything about a disguise currently. The couple of quests that included disguises the disguise popped on and then popped off at the end or when I was spotted.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember running round the beta in disguise for quite a while.

You equip/unequip disguises like you do rings and suchlike trinkets. On the character equipment dialog.
    You may find you've collected several already.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • medikant
    medikant
    Censorious wrote: »
    I remember running round the beta in disguise for quite a while.

You equip/unequip disguises like you do rings and suchlike trinkets. On the character equipment dialog.
    You may find you've collected several already.

Holy crap, that was the issue. I was stuck in the disguise from the starter island. Thanks fellas! All fixed now!

Weird that it didn't/doesn't auto clear. Really confusing.